main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What If: Yoda vs. Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Sidious

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by hansolo_23, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadorLover

VadorLover Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2005
    no. the only thing obi wan is good at is saving his own neck.

2. Darth001

Darth001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    Or maybe its Sidious who would have escaped.

3. Ney0

Ney0 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    I think Yoda would have won and had Anakin at the tip of his saber but obi would have started losing and would have ran!!! a

4. VadorLover

VadorLover Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2005
    anakin wasnt strong enough yet and obi is best at running

5. ObiWanIsTheOne

ObiWanIsTheOne Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    Wow. How sad....

WRONG. Obi-Wan clearly TORE through Anakin like it was nothing. Anakin should have been good at "running". Then maybe he could have escaped with his limbs intact.

As for the topic? Sidious and Anakin would have died and Obi-Wan and Yoda would have to start the Jedi Order over.

6. DS_Emp_Viper

DS_Emp_Viper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    I wont even start with how biased you obviously are.

Yoda says Obi-Wan is no match for Sidious, Obi-Wan gets owned everytime he fights Dooku, Palpatine=Dooku's master, Obi-wan=get owned by Sidious.

I mean even Yoda didn't want him to go cause he knew hed be owned.

Anyway, Yoda would defeat Anakin and Anakin would flee. Obi-Wan would die quickly at the hands of Sidious.

7. ObiWanIsTheOne

ObiWanIsTheOne Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    Biased? I take it you never watched Episode III. Obi-Wan CLEARLY tore through Anakin. I wish the Vader and Anakin fans would get over it already.

Second, he lost to Dooku twice merely as a plot device for Yoda and Anakin. Nothing more.

Yoda said he couldn't face Sidious? "Yoda said it! SO its automatically right!"

I think Yoda underestimated Obi-Wan and his resolve.

8. jangomatt

jangomatt Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005
    Sideous would of killed Kanobi quickly
    Yoda would of killed Anakin quickly

9. Ney0

Ney0 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    Yoda Wouldnt kill Anakin "quickly" he would be a challenge. Think about it Annie beats dooku and Dooku and Yoda had quite a fair match in AOTC even though he ran.

10. EricIsBacchus

EricIsBacchus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    I agree completely. Though I think Yoda would be favored vs. Anakin, and Sidious would have been favored vs. Kenobi, there are no guarantees when it comes to fighting. Underdogs win sometimes. All it takes is one hit.

11. jedicam10

jedicam10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2005

Not exactly. Sidious underestimated Yoda. Yoda lost because he always got the short end of the stick. And was alwas a few platforms below Sidious And Sidious didn't fall.

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Obi-wan would've died. No matter how you slice it, he would've lost. He only won against Anakin because his former Padawan made a mistake. If he hadn't, Obi-wan would've died. Against Palpatine, he would've been killed and Yoda would still have to face him alone.

Obi-wan's good, but he's not equal to Palpatine. Lucas has made it very clear that only Mace, Yoda and Anakin could last against him.

13. Jrnitendo

Jrnitendo Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2005
    1. Yoda would have kicked Anikins ass. Simple as that.
    2. Obi-Wan would probably have died. He wasn't good enough to kill Darth Sidious.
    3. Then Yoda would face Darth Sidious again in a fair fight, and would probably kill Darth Sidious.

14. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Exactly Sinister.

To boot:
    "On Attack of the Clones, I had to give them levels," he (Nick Gillard) said, "Sidious is a level nine [out of ten]. On this film, Obi is eight - he's moved up - Anakin is a nine; Mace is a nine, Yoda is a nine. They're up there with Sidious"

Page 133, The Making of ROTS.

"You have to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor" Lucas says. "If Anakin hadn't gotten all beat-up, he could've beat the Emperor"

From the Making of ROTS, page 205

I think if you had Mace + Yoda vs. Sidious + Anakin, then perhaps (if you toss the prophecy out the window), the good guys could have one. But this is pure fanboy speculation at it's worst. I'm ashamed I even said that.

15. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    In response to the original question:

what do you think would have happend if yoda went to face anakin and obiwan vs sidious?.

The Sith would have still won. Why? Because the Jedi lost as soon as they set out to kill the Sith.

But that whole issue aside, based on the eye candy alone, Yoda would have beaten Anakin, but I think Anakin would have pulled a Dooku and fled. See, with Obi, Anakin?s fight with him was more personally involved, whereas his fight with Yoda would have been more about his arrogance at trying to best the ?greatest? Jedi of the Order. I think that?s where Anakin would have gotten himself beaten.

I think Obi would have eventually lost to Sidious, but not before giving Sidious all he could handle. I think Obi really would have wanted a piece of Sidious, based on Sidious seducing his ?brother? alone and I think this would have led Obi into some Dark Side territory. That?s where Obi would eventually fail and Sidious would beat him.

16. Darth_Kanosis

Darth_Kanosis Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2005
    sidious wouldve easily destroyed obi-wan.....yoda wouldve beat anakin....then sidious wouldve destroyed yoda and got a new apprentice and they wouldve had an empire...it wouldve been the same thing except without yoda

17. yaddidameen

yaddidameen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    eventually? how do you figure? not only does yoda tell kenobi he wasn't a match for sidious, GL backs this up by saying only mace and yoda could compete with the emperor. anakin could have beaten him when he reached his potential. we also have dooku owning obi wan, who just happens to be sidious' apprentice. fanboys have no defense to this, a plot device? is that the best obi wan fans can come up with? how about dooku is just better/stronger. that is what we are shown, dooku being better than obi wan, doesn't it make sense that if dooku can handle obi wan quickly/easily, that sidious (dooku's master) should be able to do so in a more impressive manner?

anakin vs yoda is a toss up, but my gut tells me that yoda would win. i am not sure though.

as for sidious vs obi wan...............obi wan gets owned...... fast.

18. Darth_Kanosis

Darth_Kanosis Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2005
    oh about my post above.....yoda wouldnt kill anakin because he is the one...anakin would either get badly hurt like what happened against obi-wan or sidious would come to his aid...or something of that sort

19. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    This scenario is problematic because I believe Obi-Wan would have been out of his league in this battle. GL and Yoda seem to agree with me.

One-on-one with Anakin is a different story, however.

20. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    Anakin and Yoda would have fought to a draw, Sidious would destroy Obi-Wan quickly. Sidious would come to Mustafar and he and Anakin would kill Yoda.

21. SithLord16

SithLord16 Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2005
    then yoda would be no more and luke would never have defeated vader!

22. Darth001

Darth001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    But then Anakin would have overthrown Sidious like he hinted to Padme and Obi-Wan that he planned to do.

23. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
  24. MasterDarthVader

MasterDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2002
    Obi-Wan will be beaten by Sidious and Anakin will beat Yoda. You have to remember, Anakin lost to Obi-Wan because of the hate he has for him. He became careless and reckless because of that. Fighting Yoda will be much easier.

25. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    Anakin would beat Yoda no problem, the jedi council even admits if push comes to shove Anakin is the most likely to survive an encounter with a sith lord. Yoda couldn?t defeat Dooku they were on level term & dooku fled not from Yoda but from the clone troops that were on their way. Anakin is the most powerful jedi of his generation. The line should have been "Strong enough to defeat the emperor you are not, handle the sith lord I will, for only you master Kenobi stand a chance against your fallen apprentice".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.