main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA What is the best theater for SW fans in Sacramento area?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Gooder, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gooder

Gooder Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    I need some help. I am relatively new to the Sacramento Area, moved up from Bay area. I'm looking the best theater in the Sacramento Area for SW fans to see EP2. Looking for great sound, big screen and crazy fans! Where should I be looking? I need to know where to get in line for tickets for the midnight show.

Thanks!!!

2. Darth_Morfyus1999

Darth_Morfyus1999 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2002
    Well, Roseville is about 15 minutes northeast of Sacramento. If you get on I-80 and go east, take the Atlantic Exit. Go right at the light and on your left hand side you will see United Artisits Theaters. It's a huge brick building. After turning right off the freeway, go straight until you get to a light, then go left. There is a Black Angus restuarant there, use their parking lot; it's easier to park and they don't seem to mind. The theater is then just a short trip down the hill.

TPM was there in '99 so I'm assuming AotC will be too. I never heard about them doing anything scandalous with the reels of the trailers or the film itself. The week before, when tickets went on sale, was quite something. There was a buzz in the air like the movie itself was here. There were tons of people in costumes and LOTS of crazy fans.

The theater is in a great part of town, it's very clean and comfortable and fairly new, with reclining chairs.

3. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Wow! More new Sacramento fans! :D I hope you can join in one of our group dinners or showings of AOTC.

For Episode I, fans camped out at the Arden Way at Ethan movie theater, probably because it is especially central to most people. It also has a great sound system and theater. You do have to be careful you don't accidently catch a showing in one of the smaller theaters though. Be sure to ask them, when you get your tickets.

I happened to see Phantom out at the Roseville theater, since they had it later than anyone else. It was a great theater.

4. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    Yeah, the UA in Roseville (UA Olympus Pointe) is pretty good. I don't make it out of Roseville for movies much, since there's also a Century theater down the street from the UA. :)

5. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Yes, Roseville was the best!!! I was there the week before to buy tickets and saw the 12:01 showing, and with the exception that they over sold tickets so some people couldn?t get in it was awesome. Any yes it is in the best part of town to camp overnight at.

6. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    sacul and I were gushing over the Brenden theaters over at Vacaville. It's a huge multiplex, but most of the screens/auditoriums are also large. The sound is good, too. Drive along and give it a try.

7. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Crutag, do you know of anyone camping out in our area? Are you guys still going to be in Modesto for the opening?

8. Gooder

Gooder Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    Thanks for all of the response!!
    I live close to the Roseville theather, so I guess I'll check that one out. I'm going to go to the midnight show. I noticed from checking www.thx.com that is one of the few THX certified theaters in the Sac area.

Thanks again.

9. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Auntie,
    I can?t speak for the rest of the crew but I will most likely see the midnight show at Arden. Tha-Sau and I were planning on performing a choreograph lightsaber fight from our fan film, while in line for the show!

10. Darth_Morfyus1999

Darth_Morfyus1999 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2002
    Gooder: I too will be at the Roseville UA for the midnight showing. I'll probably be able to meet up with you guys at the next meeting, hopefully. I found out about the last one on Saturday! :)

11. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Awesome Crutag! That'll be great! :D

12. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    hey guys, it's "Jeremy's little brother Brett." one of my best friends' boyfriend works at the UA Olympus Point theater. i told her to have her boyfriend get an application for me earlier today. i'll see if i they hire me, then maybe i can get us in free, or get some sort of discount, or at the least, advance tickets. i'll give an update a.s.a.p.
    trust me, this'll probably be one of the first places i go as soon as i hear...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.