main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN What theater in Nashville would you most like to see Episode II in opening night?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by k kanos, May 10, 2001.

?

What theater in Nashville would you most like to see Episode II in opening night?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Carmike Cinemas Thoroughbred 20 (Cool Springs)

52.9%
  2. Regal Cinemas Hollywood 27 (Royal Oaks)

29.4%
  3. Regal Cinemas Nippers Corner 10 (Old Hickory Blvd.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Regal Cinemas Bellevue 12 (HWY 70)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Regal Cinemas Opry Mills 20

5.9%
  6. Regal Cinemas Green Hills Commons 16

11.8%
  7. Carmike Cinemas Belle Forge 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Carmike Cinemas Wynnsong 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    k kanos, let me know when you decide to discuss this with the manager of Thoroughbred as I will come with ya. :)

2. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    With the next instalment of the Star Wars saga being only 5 months away and with the new trailer hitting theaters before Christmas, it would probably be safe to say that there will be a resurgence of interest in Episode II that will build steadily in the next few months. With that in mind, I am refreshing this topic to the first page so that those who are just joining us may "venture they're opinion" as to where they would like to see AOTC opening night (12:00 a.m. May 15, 2002). Right now it would appear that the Thoroughbred is the most popular theater in our NashvilleForce community. It is arguably, with the exception of maybe Opry Mills the best theater in the Nashville area. However, as I've stated before, Opry Mills is in the Opry Mills shopping Mall and they will most definitely not allow us to loiter, er, I mean line-up ;) for Episode II over night. So unfortunateley Opry Mills is out of contention.

The other factor involved is on whether or not the Thouroughbred management will even allow us to line up over night for Episode II. Fortunatley the line for Episode I at the H27 was a big success and there were no incidences or security problems. Past history is on our side. Elan rai & I, and perhaps Hama will talk to the management about a month out (mid-April). If it's a go, great! We can start making plans and even notify the press that the Thouroughbred 20 will be the "Official" Nashville Star Wars fans' theater of choice. I'm hoping the local media will be as kind and giving as they were last time.

If for whatever reason, we are unable to convince the Thourougbred to allow us to line up, we will probably go with the H27 as they were very good to us for Episode I. If last time is any reference and if tickets go on sale a week before the actual showing of Ep II, the line for Episode II will most likely start sometime during the day on April 7, 2002 for tickets that will be sold when the box office opens at 12:00 noon on April 8, 2002. And yes, if you don't line up over night you may still be able to purchase tickets later in the day on April 8, but you would miss out on what was and is sure to be again a great crowd of Star Wars fans and fun. By the way, I wouldn't try to rely on Fandango.com to get tickets either. You may be in for a disappointment when you get there opening day and try to get your ticket. Myself and everyone else that I've talked to that purchased tickets with Fandango.com has had problems at the Thoroughbred. (nuf said)

IT'S STILL UP FOR GRABS! Make sure you vote for your theater of choice for seeing Attack of the Clones opening night :)

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I agree with your statements about Fandango.com.

4. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I think we ought to talk to management now. It would it give us more time for advertising our group and the fact that the Thoroughbred is the official theatre for Ep2.

5. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I can understand your concern. However, its quite possible that management could change in the next few months. Even if it doesn't change, it gives them time to forget or even worse, change their mind. It's just too far in advance to be talking to them about a movie coming out in May right now. Trust me ;) . April will be plenty early to plan for it and it still gives us time to have an alternate theater if we need to.

6. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I agree with k kanos for the most part. I think that when the Star Wars Episode II posters start hitting theaters, we need to at least make our presence known. We could start designing some flyers for the upcoming events. We will most definitely be having more meetings and such as the date approaches (to work out the details).

If anyone is interested in designing the flyers, let me know and send your designs to my email address below:

elanrai@fanforce.net

7. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I will volunteer to do the flyers. :) I have a pretty cool idea of a design. I'll send you a preliminary sketch next week. We can then discuss the concept, finalize it, and then I'll make it professional looking using adobe photoshop. Sound good?

8. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Go for it.

9. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Go "Artist Man!" :D

10. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    hey, i'm new around here...Just found the Nashy area Force...am in the process of joining... (i'm in franklin)..
    but i wanted to agree that Thoroughbred 20 would be a good place to see it at when it opens...

and...slightly off topic....i'm so glad i stumbled in here! i was wondering if there were many Nash. SW fans... and here you are!

cool kewl.....

11. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Welcome audiogir21! :) I hope you cast your vote for the Thourougbred then. We will probably be meeting within the next month or so to discuss the upcoming line for Episode II. I'm hoping to have a preliminary flyer and Nashville After Darth T-shirt design ready at that time for everyone's comments or approval. We hope to see you there.

12. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    thanks for the welcome...i'm glad to be here :)

yep, i cast my theater vote for thoroughbred...it's close, has great seating and a nice outside waiting area...works for me ;)

If that particular theater is the one we try....and they say no...we could always wave our hand at them saying "you WILL let us line up here.." (but of course they'll just say "we're-a theater employees...jedi mind tricks don't work on us...only money..")
    Or stand there staring at them holding a hand out in the direction of their throat...

lol

ok...to much caffine here.... ;)

oh, i think the t-shirts are a great idea too. i'll be going to Cel2 as well, and that'd be such a handy way to find locals. :)

13. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    i saw back in the posts, someone mentioned the imax...will it be shown on that screen? or...doesn't it have to be special film?

14. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Welcome audiogirl21!!

Are you new to the Nashville area in general or just FanForce?

15. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    i am relatively new to Nash. I've lived here for 3 years (moved here to persue my audio engineering intrest..)
    I am definitely new to these boards and the N.FF (am in the process of tryin' to join and stuff...)

anywho...thanks,

see you all around

16. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    just out of curiousity....has anyone heard if the Franklin Cin. might be playing EP2?
    i wonder if they even have the capability..sound wise....

17. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Do you mean Thoroughbred in Franklin? Yeah, it does. It has both DTS and Dolby Digital, and THX is confirmed.

I know quite a bit about audio, but beyond that I am not sure. ;)

18. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Actually, I think she means the one downtown historic Franklin. That theater is like the pits. Yes, you can get a pitcher of beer, but its so watered down, you might as well be drinking light beer. They may be getting Episode II later on, but I would be surprised if they get it opening weekend. Anywho, the Thoroughbred is to the Franklin Cinema, what an Indy racing car is to a horse and buggy. :)

19. audiogirl21

Dec 30, 2001
    yeah,i was referring to the literal Franklin cinema.....never tried to by beer there, but i do enjoy their nachos, lower prices and atmosphere quite a bit... ;-)

I asked about their sound more for- if they do have ep2 later on, i'd probly only go see it there if it had good sound.

Was ep1 there? i was in Oregon at the time....

uh.....anyway....

20. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Well, it does have its charm ;) and they supposedly have Dolby Digital. I've been there a few times after work with freinds as I work right downtown Franklin. Its definitely a theater to just kick back in, but not near as nice as the Thourougbred in my (humble :) ) opinion. I just wish they would just go ahead and turn it into a full-fledged Cinemagrill. Take the seats and the benches out. Tier the floors, add a bar area at the front of the isles and tables and chairs in the back. If they would do that, they would rake in the dough like crazy. When I used to live in Atlanta there was a Cinemagrill by where I lived. They served bar & grill type food and beer on tap. The surround sound was terrible, but the movies were only $3 and it was a lot more fun than just going to a regular theater.

As far as Episode I playing there. I can't remember. They have LOTR playing there now, so I'm sure Episode II will make it eventually. The only place I saw Episode I was at H27. The Thourougbred wasn't even finished yet. Although I did see it in December of '99 at the Thoroughbred when they rereleased it around Christmas time. It's hard to believe that it's been three years already! :) :D

21. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I camped out at H27 for 25 hours to get TPM tickets. I hate going there now, mainly because of the inconsiderate people that go there.

BTW, Nippers Corner 10 closed down.

I'm going to the IMAX at Opry Mills. I've seen Harry Potter and LOTR there and it was a great experience both times. The theater is huge, the sound system kicks butt and the atmosphere is much better. The only problem I would forsee is getting the mall to let us camp out for tickets, but hey you never know until you try. Either way thats where I want to see AOTC.

22. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    You're right. It can't hurt to ask. Let us know what they say BobaFrank. BTW I was at H27 too. You have me beat by duration though. I was there about 21 hours. I agree with you that H27 has kind of lost its luster since EPI. By the way, did they have a midnight showing for LOTR at Opry Mills? If they did, they might have one for EP2 too. Good Luck :)

23. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I'm not sure if they did I went to 8pm shows on Friday night due to working during the day.

BTW, if that kid who was first in line at H27 for TPM tickets is there again and swings that lightsaber for 20+ hours they'll have to surgically remove it from his Dark Side. Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.
    He was the most obnoxious fan I have ever met in my life.

I'll try and call Opry Mills and let ya know. ;)

24. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    This is just to finalize the matter on which theater we are seeing Episode II at. Based on the poll here and at our last meeting, we have decided that as a group we will gathering for tickets at:

Thoroughbred 20 located off of Cool Springs boulevard in Franklin. It's about a block from I- 65

New theater management is about to take over in the next few weeks and Elan-Rai, Hama, and I will be speaking with her shortly. The date for tickets has yet to be released. However, based upon getting tickets for Episode I here in Nashville, tickets will probably go on sale Thursday May 9th (one week before release date) around 2:00 p.m. We will keep everyone up to date as information is released. :)

I also just go a message from Minacia Brightstar (our gracious south regional admin ) that Fox is wanting to know where the fan-lines in each city will be. What this means, I don't know. I'm hopeful that it means extra publicity and perhaps even goodies for fans standing in lines for tickets. I'm personally crossing my fingers for a Theater Edition action figure like they did for ROTJ Spec. ED. That would be cool :D . Anywho, I'm sure it will be positive for us whatever it is. As soon as we get confirmation from the Thoroughbred manager, I will notifiy Minacia who will notify TFN who will then notify FOX .

Gee, are we all getting excited yet! :) WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP! :D

25. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    ALRIGHT!! LET'S GET IT ON!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.