main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    I've been watching "the Pianist" and "life frmo Baghdad" this weekend.
    The Pianist was a nice WW2 movie, but nothing we haven't seen before. great acting though.
    Life from Baghdad is an amazing piece of work based on the book by a reporter who was in Baghdad 1991 .- when all hell broke loose. Great acting, interesting story.....AWESOME!

-Mel

2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Chronicles of Riddick

3. QueenLeia

QueenLeia Jedi Youngling star 7

Aug 15, 2004
    Collatarial featuring Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx. This movie will win a Oscar for best picture next year mark my words. Cruise and Foxx totally reinvent themselves and it shows. I know it's only August but this has best picture written all over it.

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Theatre: Alien vs Predator check the AVP discussion thread for my opinion
    DVD:A Nightmare on Elm Street,I`ve got a thing for Freddy Krueger,and the movie is downright fun

5. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Theatre: The Manchurian Canidate
    DVD: The Manchurian Canidate

:Targeter:

6. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Theatre: The Two Towers
    DVD: Ghostbusters 2

dragonsith13 likes this.
  7. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Theatre: Donnie Darko - The Director's Cut
    DVD: The Return of the King
    VHS: Crime and Punishmnet

8. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    DVD:A Nightmare on Elm Street,I`ve got a thing for Freddy Krueger,and the movie is downright fun

don't you just love Nightmare on Elmstreet!!!!!

Watched "Elephant" by Gus Van Sant. Weird little film....

-Mel

9. data68

data68 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    Mystic River on DVD. Man, that movie is depressing. Good though. I had to watch a couple episodes of Monty Python so I wouldn't kill myself. I think Clint Eastwood has some issues.

10. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah its a great movie loads of fun

11. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Guys, remember, discuss, don't just list.

For myself, I'm watching Mulholland Drive for the first time now. Only about 15 minutes in; too early to comment. Before this, the last movie I watched Raising Arizona, which is probably my least favorite Coen Brothers movie. It has some moments of brilliance, but on the whole its slapstick is too puerile for my taste. And I don't much like Nicholas Cage.

12. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    I just saw The Terminal at the cheap theater last week.

I guess it was about what I expected, although I admit the airport scenery and the musical stylings made me feel like Spielberg was regurgitating a bit of Catch Me If You Can.

Hanks gave a decent performance, and although I'm not an expert on accents I thought he did a good enough job with the accent that I believed his character was a foreigner, and not Tom Hanks playing a foreigner.

I was a bit disappointed with the ending and the way things turned out. It would just seem more satisfying if the character had been stranded there in the airport indefinitely. And I just didn't see Spielberg's touch, his gift for magical moviemaking shine through. I feel like another director and another actor could have teamed up to make a very similar movie.

I won't buy it on DVD, or rent it, but it was decent enough. C+

13. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    The last movie I saw in theaters was Garden State. If I haven't gushed enough about it before, I will again. The script is great, the characters are all interesting, and the acting's great. Plus it's got Natalie to boot.

14. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Last movie I saw in theaters was Princess Diaries 2. Great family movie/comedy chick flick.

15. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    I saw AVP.

Go ahead, laugh.

DarthBoba likes this.
  16. data68

data68 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    haha

DarthBoba likes this.
  17. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    Theater: The Village. Not great, but not as bad as people let on either.

DVD: Tokyo Godfathers. It's an animated film by director Satoshi Kon (Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress) about three homeless people in Tokyo who discover an abandoned baby and search for the mother. Very moving and well directed as all Satoshi Kon films are.

18. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Collateral.

Great film.

19. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Theatre: I, Robot
    DVD: Minority Report

20. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Last movie in theaters I saw I think was Spider-Man II. I tend not to go to the theater unless invited. Really, not worth my money usually. Most of that stuff is bunk anywho.

Last at home was Flash Gordon of all things. It was on at 3 in the morning, and I couldn't resist.

Satoshi Kon did Tokyo Godfathers as well? Hmm. Well, it hasn't been hyped as much as Perfect Blue, so with luck I'll be able to enjoy it more. Honestly, Perfect Blue was sorely overrated.

-P!-

21. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    The last movie that I saw in Theatres was The Village and I thought it was dreadful. I had figured out the plot twist about 20 minutes into the movie, or whenever it was that they started mentioning the black wooden boxes.

The last movie that I saw on DVD was Scary Movie 3 which I rented last night with a friend, and I admit that I screamed a few times only becuase my friend screamed and I screamed becuase she screamed.

22. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Theatres : Anchorman
    DVD : Kill Bill Vol. 2

23. JediFlork

JediFlork Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    At Home: Return of the King

In Theatre: Dodgeball

24. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    Just saw The Day After Tomorrow on an airplane.

It wasn't nearly as bad as i've heard it to be. The acting wasn't terrible, despite the fact that I have a great dislike for all of the actors involved. I enjoyed the special effects, and there were some interesting ideas and theories about the Ice Age which don't sound too far from possibly being true. The science was a little off (The film claims that the percentage of salt in the ocean is dropping, when it is in fact rising; ocean currents don't reverse directions overnight; when a hurricane breaks apard, the clouds have to go somewhere) but the scientific aspects weren't as far from reality as the critics claim.

The part of the story involving the characters was rather boring, but that's to be expected. I think that a far more interesting film would have been "The Day After the Day After Tomorrow" about the famine, disease, rioting, and war that would happen once people realize that nearly all of the arable land, fresh water, and oil fields in the world are covered beneath a sheet of ice and there is no way to take care of all of the people still alive. The end of the film doesn't touch on this at all, and tries, unsuccessfully, to leave the viewer with a sense that "everything's going to be all right"

25. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Thetere: Chronicals of Riddick. I just didn't like this movie and I like most Vin Deasel's.

DVD: Return of the King. THis is one of the greatest movies of all time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.