main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Indy IV?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by JediKnightOB1, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Badly behaving audience. I don't think that there can be anything in the film itself that could make me walk out.

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Greedo with a cameo shooting at Indy first.

3. CountDoosheee

CountDoosheee Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    The soundtrack being mostly re-used tracks from Attack of the Clones and The Phantom Menace. Hell, that nearly made me walk out of Revenge of the Sith...

In all seriousness, it'd take something pretty awful for me to walk out of a movie at the cinema. I'm there to get my moneys worth, even if it involves scoffing loudly and annoying fellow viewers.

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The very end of the end credits :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

5. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Muppets, mullets, ewoks, Jar-Jar, Forrest Gump, Michael Bay, Ozzy Osbourne, the dude from Subway, the Dell Dude, River Phoenix as a force ghost, Howard the Duck, transvestite callgirls, Waldo, Celine Dion and Michael Bolton singing the title song, dead kittens...
    If we see the other James Bond, Roger Moore, as Indy's uncle.

Running out of post-production money and having to use action figures and models shot with a camcorder to finish the job.

6. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    a CGI Marcus Brody.

7. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    If Indy is frozen in "carbonite."

8. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    My good friend, a Hollywood screenwriter, walked out of this movie in the first 10 minutes. He was personally affronted by the filmmakers' use of the Ark of the Covenant as a throwaway sight gag. I tried to tell him the rest of the movie was really quite good, but he shrugged and insisted that he'll "never know". Did anyone else experience this extreme aversion to the shot of the Ark? Did anyone find this insulting to a generation of fans who revere the original IJ film? I for one found it an amusing homage, if a bit winky-winky and self-referential.

9. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

I had the identical reaction you had Vortigern. I think your friend has a problem. That's getting upset over NOTHING. It's just a movie.

10. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    He wrote a foul-mouthed blog about it on myspace. He hates the SW prequels, too, so I guess this is just par for the course. :(

11. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Well, I lied. I was disappointed, but I didn't walk out.

12. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    I did shout "NOOOO!" when Mutt started swinging on the vines. It was a rowdy audience, all gasps and cheering, so no one noticed.

13. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    I just sighed, leaned over to my friend and said, "This is absolutely ridiculous."

14. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    It's THE low point in the film. I think I'll make a fan edit when I get the DVD, and excise the monkey sequence altogether. Maybe tighten up Spalko's death, too, which feels awkwardly paced.

15. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Problem is, you can't edit out the Tarzan scene. The sword fight, you can just cut out the ten second of "football in the groin" (to use the Simpsons quote) but the Tarzan scene cannot be just cut out, because Mutt gets lifted out of the Jeep and then the adventure continues on with him missing, and you just can't jump-cut to the jeep racing alongside the cliff. Maybe someone will think of a way to get rid of it, but it would require a huge amount of creativity, its not as simple as "snip", unfortunately. Plus, the monkeys are what allow them to get away from Cate Blanchette, so you'd have to figure out how to bypass that as well. [face_worried]

16. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    If Harrison Ford or Karen Allen had been in this one...I probably would have walked out. Thank god they were replaced. Good riddance.

-Seldon

17. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    I rolled my eyes, turned towards my dad and said "Houston, we have a problem."

18. UltimateJustin

UltimateJustin Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    Wow, what a hilarious comment to make. When I saw Mutt begin to swing with his monkey pals, I turned to my friend and said "whatchu takin' bout, Willis?" and he replied that he was Rick James. And then I shut the hell up forever.

19. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
  20. CaptSparrow

CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2006
    If Indy had to return a crystal skull to a mystical city of gold and then aliens came and kill the villain by having fire shoot out of her eyes (just like Grievous) then explode into magical fairy dust.

But to top all that the flying saucer appears into a whirling vortex of rock, next a lake forms where the temple once was.

Wait, THAT was the movie...

21. PeteTB

PeteTB Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    Funny, KINDA racist . . . just a little. But I'm F'd up and would make the same kinda joke.

22. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I was kind of upset that Jar-Jar wasn't in it, but I couldn't walk out because for all I knew he'd be after the credits. :(

Damn you Lucas! You and your sneaky ways of making me spend money on your horrendous movies!

23. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Originally the 13 skeletons magically combined to form a real-live alien that was Jar Jar Binks and thats why Spalko's head explodes, but then Spielberg realised that the audience's heads would explode too so it was changed to the Close Encounters alien seen in the final film.

24. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    That was the buzz killer for sure!

25. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000

Crying babies would get me to walk out of the theatre. That and cell phones ringing. But nothing IN THE movie could get me to leave. I paid my dough, I'm seeing the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.