main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA What's in a name? The name for our group that is.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Allie Fox, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    As discussed at the meeting this Saturday (10/19) we will suggest and discuss naming the Middle Georgia FanForce.

I suggested The Kessel Miners' Guild.

I like it.

2. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    That'd be a lot better than "If There's A Bright Center To The Universe, This Club Is In The Town That It's Farthest From."

(ITABCTTUTCIITTTIFF for short... ok, not so short after all.)

3. litllejedi

litllejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    How about some super cheese?

Macon (pronounced makin') Clones

or to keep that theme without the obvious cheeze, something along the lines of Kamino inc., Kamino productions, or Kamino Enterprises

Just something to chew on, I'll keep working on it.

4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    If There's A Bright Center To The Universe, This Club Is In The Town That It's Farthest From

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

The Atlanta FanForce runner up chapter name in our voting back in July 2001 was "The Damn Fool Idealistic Crusaders." :p

Of course, we would have soon found out that using a curse word in our chapter name would have been frowned upon, so it is a good thing that "Hothlanta Rebels" won the vote. ;)

5. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    Hey, Minacia, if we take that name, could we each introduce ourselves as "Member DFIC"?

6. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    [face_laugh]

That works! ;)

I would recommend changing that name to DARN Fool Idealistic Crusaders. :p

7. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Macon Clones!?!?

LMAO! GREAT!

That should certainly be put to a vote. Maybe someone should have suggested those names for the local hockey or arena football league 2 teams.

8. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    The recruiting tagline for the MACON CLONES could be. . .

Don't be like everyone else.

BE A CLONE!

9. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    Then, if any of us starts using bad language, the rest would take the offender to the top of a buiilding and throw them off.
    Of course then we'd all be arrested for making an obscene clone fall.

Sorry.

10. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    NOW I know why it's SMILING Otter!

11. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    Yeah, I'm incorrigible. So try not to incorrige me.

12. litllejedi

Sep 29, 2001
    yeah, how about

Macon Clones: building an empire one genetically deficiant bounty-hunter at a time.

so far the only other thing thats hit me is the Georgia Bothan Spy Network. oh wait, how about Georgia Bothan insiders (GBI):)

13. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    How about "The Corny Boys?"

You'll have to excuse me. Apparently my boss thinks I took some MORON pills this morning and has been micro-managing my every move.

As for GBI. . .

out of the question. It would sound too much like we work for the State government and nobody would want to be a part of that. ;)

14. s1138_

s1138_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2000
    i like Macon Clones..
    that gets my vote.

15. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

Grand_Admiral_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    How about "Scruffy Looking Peach Farmers"?

16. litllejedi

Sep 29, 2001
    "Hey... who you callin scruffy lookin?"

Sorry, couldn't resist. Not bad GAJ. I have been trying to run with youre killer ewoks concept from the first meeting posts.

17. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    I wanted to bump this to the top again for some more suggestions/votes.

At the moment it looks like Macon Clones leads the pack, with If there's a bright center of the universe, this is the FanForce that is farthest from nipping at it's heels.

Myself and LJ have made some banners and logos that we will share with everyone on Saturday. You won't want to miss it.

18. litllejedi

Sep 29, 2001
    I'm scraping the barrel now guys so listen up. The Red Clay Squadron, or the Red Clay Rebels, Emperial Peaches, Southern Bounty Hunters, Screaming Rebels, Stellar Rebels, Empirial Rebels, Confederate Jedi, Southern Rim, Yavin Moons, Yavin Confederates, etc, ect. Help me out here.

So far I have'nt found anything better than Macon Clones. Somehow it just fits. But lets keep the names coming guys and gals.

19. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    Heh... Confederate Jedi. I like that. (Couldn't be Confederate Rebels, that'd just be redundant.)

"Macon Clones" would be the simplest, as would the above choice. "If there's a bright center..." would be a funny choice, though we'd probbably want to shorten it to "Bright Centers" or something like that when we don't want to be all formal.

I'd be content with any of those three.

20. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    The Macon Clones.

Building better Star Wars fans from the bright center of Georgia.

I just LOVE the Clones idea. Once I get in a rut. . .

I thought I would be stuck thinking that "The Kessel Miners' Guild" was perfection, But "Macon Clones" jumped out at me and I smile whenever I think of it.

21. whipwarrior

whipwarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    My vote is for Macon Clones. That sounds the best.

-Dale

22. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Back up for suggestions.

Dale has suggested: The Georgia Outlanders.

Some others:

Cherry Blossom Brigade

Middle Georgia Star Wars Society

Central Georgia Alliance

Just some more ideas.

23. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    They're all good! :D

Macon Clones is still one of my faves, however.

Heck, I'm just psyched about there being another FF group rising in Georgia. :)

24. whipwarrior

whipwarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    I believe that Georgia Outlanders is a very fitting name for our group, as we are far from Atlanta (Coruscant), the center of the Republic, and our members hail from a wide diversity of locations across the middle of the state. When I set out to create the logo that could best represent the term 'Outlander', the first image that came to mind was the shape of Georgia, covered in pine trees as viewed from the air.

The idea came from an experience that I had two years ago, when I was on a flight coming into Atlanta. I had a window seat just in front of the wing, and as the plane banked for its descent, I looked earthward over the edge of the wing, and was amazed to see a carpet of deep green far below, through intermittent breaks in the clouds. I had never seen Georgia from the air before, and was only familiar with the landscape as viewed from the surface. As the plane continued to circle, I had the impression of a vast, endless forest, much like Medieval Europe (or possibly Endor).

In that context, it is easy to imagine that everyone living here is an Outlander, a resident of the great southern forest. We are separated by miles of dense woods: physically connected by ribbons of concrete highways and interstates, and digitally united by this messageboard. Indeed, we live a simple existence, far from the bright center of the universe. But if we remain dedicated and strong, the Force will bring others into our circle, and we will forge a great alliance of Outlanders for the Georgia FanForce.

-Dale

25. litllejedi

Sep 29, 2001
    A well thought out idea there Warrior, downright inspiring. And finally some expanse on this subject. However, I suggest that the name be instantly recognizable as something star wars. Outlanders would indeed be easy for fellow fans to pick up on, but I wanted a name that would make John Doe see -Star Wars group-. After laughingly suggesting Macon Clones I gave the name some thought and the more thought I gave it the more sense it made. We are indeed out to build an empire as were the people who first envisioned the fanforce in the beginnings. Much like a subdivision of Kamino, we are expanding on the work of others with a unified goal of growth and unity. Through unity we shall grow and to grow we shall continue macon clones.

BTW, I stumbled across an interesting document that could possibly be a sneek peek at EPIII. I should'nt say sneek peek I should say spoilers. E-mail me for details

litllejedi@hotmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.