main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's on your playlist?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by arrowheadpodracer, May 25, 2002.

1. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I actually think seeing Weird Al live is a pretty cool first concert.

Different standards I guess ;)

2. Clockwork

Clockwork Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    Actually, it was pretty fun. Sort of halfway between a rock concert and a comedy show. It was at the Rainbow Music Hall, does anyone remember that place?

3. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    well thats funny Cyndi Lauper how very retro
    my first concert was at Mile High for David Bowie/Duran Duran/and remember them, the Outfield

okay coming out of amnesia lane!

later

4. Clockwork

Clockwork Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    Cyndi Lauper wasn't retro in 1983. I don't think they even HAD retro in 1983.

5. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    my first concert- General Public
    i dont even remember what song they got noticed for. anybody ?

as for eighties retro- i saw a lost 80s show at fiddlers with flock of seagulls, howard jones, Benjamin Orr (cars)a abunch of others- i had to chase howard jones to get his autograph for my wife. i felt like an idiot. fun show though- i met the flock of seagulls guy with the hair too. it was hilarious.

6. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    i didn't mean Cyndi Lauper was retro in 1983 but now b/c I was in a retro kind of mood and I started thinking about all kinds of other stuff and now I am rambling

sorry for the miscommunication and all that jazz but back in eighties I liked Cyndi too but I was more into Madonna

7. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    my first show was stryper . on their non christian tour . the drummer was hammered . he still rocked !

8. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    i saw a slayer bootleg video where the drummer is so jacked up he gets up between songs & runs around his set a couple times. After playing slayer tunes!! now THAT is wired.

the wife saw me typing ben Orrs name so the cars are on now.

9. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    damn- now we're onto culture club.

ok - i guess its 80s night at my house! now its When in rome- the promise. its ok, i love this song.

10. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    boy george ? run , just run !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    LOL!! arrowheadpodracer geesh long name
    I feel like putting on Wham!!!!!!

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! yes, it is on
    and a damn moth keeps attacking my computer screen while I screech like a dolphin

your wife has good taste, the Cars great vintage, sound of the eighties!!!!!!

hey any cool concerts from the nineties?

12. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    i started typing boy george & my wife corrected me- "ah, this is culture club".
    yeah- much better, a whole group of boy georges.
    remeber that guy in the wedding singer named george ? he was funny.

concerts from the nineties- alot. too many to list. but my first DMB show was pretty memorable. it wasnt really DMB- it was just him & tim reynolds with guitars at the paramount. i wanted to quit my job, live out of my car & see the world. a very special night.

13. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    yes, I remember the "Boy George" look alike and he was hilarious did you know he is an Arquette anyway, loved the Billy Idol cameo

My first nineties concert was NIne INch Nials w/ Marilyn Manson and the circus of freaks that had the Enigma guy which later he was in the X Files!

14. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    ok this just got real ugly- i dont know who sings it but it goes-

"my baby takes the morning train, he works from 9 to 5 & then...."

Im goin to bed.

i love this thread!!! you guys have posted alot & ive got so many ideas for songs to play! thanks!!!! keep em comin!!

15. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    h ehehhe lol! again

the song is by Sheena Easton and I have a confession I have her greastest hits
    please don't judge me [face_shocked]

my personal favorite is the song from James Bond "For Your Eyes Only" he he he

oh and lets not forget those "Sugar Walls"
    blast those eighties, now I want to go out and do the "Safety dance"

must stop all this cheese
    demented and sad but social
    later

16. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    CHEESE ?

17. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    yes darth hair i said "cheese"

when things are really corny, cheesy, you know cheese and alot of eighties music is cheesy but the good kind of cheese. It gives you a warm feeling in heart and silly grin on your face.

:D see, this little face has a cheesy grin IMO

by the way you really have nice hair is it hard to take care of in the summer? my hair is thick and it gets very hot so I tempted to just cut it short again?

later

18. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    dont cut it . dont you know how long it takes to grow ? its tuff sometimes , but its the price i pay . the worst part is its dry . and the curles . but oh well .

my idea of 80's is boy george and stuff like that . people tell me the music i listen to is 80's . most of what i have was released 90 and on . most of the bands just happened to have hits in 89 .

19. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, for first concerts I have you all beat, but unless you remember this you'll think I'm nuts. My first concert was at age 7 and it was Wonderama On-Tour. It was this kids show that was very popular in the early to mid 70's. They had a bunch of performers and Shaun Cassidy came out and sang a song during the show I was at (they tried to get all kinds of people to do this all over the place as an added draw).

80's Shows - Night Ranger, The Judds, The Nylons and way too many more to mention. I also caught almost every C&W show to come into town from 86 to 88, I used to be a technician for the Dancin' BarBS Dance Show on Mile-Hi Cablevision, so I worked sound at all of the interview remotes. Got to meet some great people, and some idiots too. Never trust Randy Travis, the guy's a %$#^$#^.

90's Shows - Again a lot, I go to about 3-5 shows a year (big live music fan). Melissa Etheridge, Lyle Lovett, Hazel Miller, BHTM, BNL, Wynonna, and for embarrassing info, I took my little sister to a concert because she really wanted to go so bad that she bought the tickets herself, Paula Abdul (w/ Color Me Badd as the opener).

20. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    today i have Oingo Boingo-boingo alive-disc 2, no ZOO- youre definitely not the only one. Danny Elfman is a genius!!
    and fleetwood mac- the dance its the live "reunion" show. you may have seen it on PBS. lindsay buchingham RULES!!! big love is a great tune.

21. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    APR, I remember seeing General Public when they opened for Howard Jones at Red Rocks. I think their meeger contributions included Tenderness (their biggest hit) and Hot You're Cool. Dave Wakeling, who formed the ska band was formerly of the English Beat. Great tunes.

22. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Zoo, I used to love the Nylons. I remember being fourth in line to buy tickets when they played Mackey Auditorium. They put on a great show.

-CW, I remember the Rainbow Music Hall. A friend of mine got married there in '92. Its been remodeled and is a Walgreens now. Oh, the shame...

-APR, can't say I share your appreciation for Mr. Elfman's talents(?). I'm sorry, but it all sounds like a Batman Variation, and what was the ***** that he arranged for Spider Manz? Not a recognizable theme in the whole score!

Anyone remember the Monsters of Rock? Saw them at Mile High and at Folsom. Awesome...

23. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    TENDERNESS !! THANK YOU! i couldnt pull that one from the tangled mess i call a brain. of course, now i cant stop hearing it in my head, but the mystery is solved. as for elfman-i havent seen spiderman yet, so im not familiar with that score. i really want to, but i know Ill just end up in a theater showing AOTC. maybe after i hit my target of 15 viewings, I can make it into see spidey. 'it all sounds like a Batman Variation' ive actually thought about that before, but i attributed it more to instrumentation than the notes being played. interesting point though.
    so, who was on the monsters of rock tour when you saw it. if memory serves, that wsa one of those multi-band tours that rotated bands each year & on different legs of the tour.

24. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Monsters of Rock: Mile High 07/30/88 Kingdom Come, Scorpions, Dokken, Metallica & Van Halen. The concert was like eleven hours long. Denver was the last leg on the tour before VH began their OU812 promo tour. It was the Rockstock of the 80's. Awesome!

25. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    wow, that sounds great. i only got to see VH once with Gary Cherone(who?!). does that even count?lol -Eddie brought his son out to wave to the crowd, im still not sure why. ive seen metallica but since newstead left im not sure if theyre gonna be around for awhile- they may just fade away. i hope not.
    i thought you might have seen cliff burton play with em, but if OU812 was new- he was already dead-right ? btw- do you know who slayers drummer is now?

rockstock- good one. -im surprised no one has used that yet. Id go!!