main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii When and where is everyone going to see AOTC in Hawaii?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarJarIsBoba, Apr 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    I'm going to get tickets to see AOTC on Thursday, May 16th at about 6pm with most of my friends at the Signature Dole Cannery. THX baby!

I'm also going to the midnight premiere at Dole Cannery if they are planning one. It's quite fun with the hardcore fans at the premiere.

I'm a little disappointed that there is no digital projection here yet. But, I'm glad that the DVD should be out by October. Rick McCallum says they're about 3-4 months in the productions of the DVD.

2. Yoda808

Yoda808 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    Well as for myself, I'm going up to the mainland on the 14 and will be camping out with some friends for 24 hours till the midnight showing. We did this last time for TPM and were going to do it again for AOTC so I won't be here for the premiere in Hawai'i. I will also be fortunate enough to be able to see it digitally as it will be showing on a digital screen in the bay area, which is where I am going(although that's not where we are camping out). But when I come back, I'll probably see in Waikiki and/or Ward or Dole.

Did you see that thing about possible IMAX prints for Episode II? If it goes through supposedly it should be coming out in June or July to IMAX theaters. Hope Waikiki IMAX gets one.

3. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    Waikiki never got the Special Effect IMAX I so wanted to see. If IMAX here gets it, I will be totally stoked!

But it still won't be a digital projection will it?

4. Mad_Yoda

Mad_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    I'm probably going to see it at Dole.....and I won't even have to wait in line for tickets...cus someone's getting them for me!!! :)
    (Yes, that's you JarJarisBoba)...

5. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    MadYoda,

But you're going to have to make sure to get off of work or call in sick or make up some lame excuse not to go into work.

I have Wednesday and Thursday off!!!! :)

6. Yoda808

Yoda808 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    nah, IMAX isn't digital, it's still print. But the thing with IMAX is, since they have a bigger/different screen, they need a biggger negative, which means everything should be more defined than regular theaters. When I went to see Fantasia 2000 when it first came out, they had like this promotional trailer with sinpets from different IMAX movies, and one of the sinpets was the opening scene from Episode IV! It was totally awesome, I was blown away by how clear, crisp, and clean that short clip was.

7. JarJarIsBoba

Sep 24, 2000
    **crosses fingers**

I never went to IMAX up to this point because they never really had anything I was interested in.

I was hoping the Special Effects feature would come here but to no avail. In that, ILM recreated the opening scene of Ep IV and showed us how that's done.

I hope IMAX Episode II comes here.

8. Kmunee

Kmunee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    I plan to see it at Dole as well. I want to try and see it the first day it is released. If not definetely before the opening weekend closes out.

9. Ewaeagle

Ewaeagle Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    I going to see it at 12:01am May 16 at the Ward Stadium Theaters and then later again at 7:45pm at the same place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.