main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation When production starts...Spoiled Rotten or Spoiler Free

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Saurion-Fett, Nov 18, 2012.

?

Spoiled Rotten or Spoiler Free

1. Spoiled Rotten ( The Dark Side )

68 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Spoiler Free ( Goody Good Light Side )

39 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. lightsaver

lightsaver Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Spoiler free accept for some basic things that the trailers, commercials and toys reveal. I will not spoil the story like I did with AOTC, nothing was left to discover or be surprised by. The ST shall not be spoiled for me.

2. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Pretty sure that it would be impossible for me not to be spoiled rotten over this.

3. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    As much as I would love to go see Episode VII for the first time knowing nothing about it, my hunger for knowledge will most assuredly prevent that from happening. I saw Episode I spoiler-free, and enjoyed my first viewing more than I did on II and III (for which I was heavily spoiled)... however when dealing with movies that I'm likely to eventually see hundreds of times anyway, preserving the first viewing is far less important to me than the years of intense joy I will derive from learning and discussing everything I can about them beforehand.

4. anakin-the-chosen-one

anakin-the-chosen-one Jedi Master

Feb 17, 2013
    It's going to be incredibly difficult, and with the internet being about 10 times as popular as it was when the Prequels were around, how is anyone supposed to be without living under a rock?

Mav Edit- Merging this thread with the previous thread on this topic

5. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Just Say No.

6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Didn't the novels of the PT come out before the movies? So that info was all available before anyone even saw the films in theaters.

7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm a bit of a spoiler addict so I doubt I'll be able to resist. But knowing which spoilers are true and which aren't....thats the hard part

8. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I had a much more enjoyable experience with less spoilers. I followed Episode II spoilers as fully as anyone, basically learning every single detail as it was leaked/projected/released. It was a fun ride, but in the end not nearly as fulfilling.

Just my $0.02

The Bops likes this.
  9. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Twitter should be interesting. That wasn't a thing way back when- 13 years ago.

10. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I may duck out of places like this one completely once info starts really coming out. I don't want to know much at all beyond basic casting and things like that.

That's how I'm approaching Star Trek Into Darkness, I've been avoiding anything and everything related to Star Trek now that the film release is closer.

I imagine I'll do the same here when the time comes. I like the speculation phase, I hate the spoiler phase.

11. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I worked at movie theater for eps 2 & 3... I saw them about 3 days before they released and due to that actually did avoid virtually all the major spoilers. Now to make friend with a local movie theater manager so s/he can hook me up with an early screening since I no longer work there. Oh wait, Im still good friends with the movie theater manager whos hooked me up with quite a few screenings since then... :cool:... now just need to keep them trapped at such a job until eps 7-9 have been released, even if it forces me to join the dark side[face_devil]

It may not stop me from hearing quite a few spoilers but if I can succeed in making it into an early screening it should atleast make the final few days before release spoilers (aka the big ones) not effect me.

odd note though... theaters got the movies early due to it having to be shipped via film and assembled, but now a days it can just be downloaded... wonder if that will effect my plans any since many theaters these days are fully transfered to digital projectors... oh well, still can likely getvhooked up for midnight release tickets...

12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    You will read all the spoilers. Resistance is futile.

lbr789 likes this.
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm only going to watch the trailers and read other official bits of info. No true spoilers for me.

The Bops likes this.
  14. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Having done it both ways, that is the way to go.

The Bops likes this.
  15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    At this rate, some of the conversations in fan land may drive me away before any real spoilers come out anyway. :p

The Bops likes this.
  16. anakin-the-chosen-one

anakin-the-chosen-one Jedi Master

Feb 17, 2013
    They did? That's a bit strange, shouldn't they wait for at least a few weeks after the movies come out to release the novels? That seems a bit unfair D:

17. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    It's how they've always done it. The ANH novelisation was the first Star Wars thing ever released. The ESB novelisation revealed the who "I am your father" thing a month before the movie did.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was spoiler-free for TPM, ruined for AOTC and spoiler-limited for ROTS. Going with spoiler-free again this time; I'll watch the trailers but that's it.

When 7NSA opens I plan to hide in there.

19. lbr789

lbr789 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    I'll be trying to go spoiler free, but resistance may be useless . . . ;)
    I'll probably give in at some point :p

20. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I don't do spoilers for anything. The last time I did spoilers was AOTC and it ruined it for me.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I was a spoiler junkie for TPM and AOTC.

I was SOO looking forward to the Yoda scene... It left me disappointed. I hyped it up to my then-wife, "wait until the end! You ain't going to believe this!!" without giving it away. And she was disappointed too.

I went into ROTS blind. I saw trailers and knew the cast, but that's it. I highly recommend avoiding spoilers.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I want to know what characters are in it and what actors will play them. I'll obviously watch the trailers as well but that's about it. The ST is completely unknown territory and that's how I want to keep it.

23. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I am going to be a little more selective in what I read. I will probably look at the early spoilers and cut back a few months before the release. Not all of the spoilers are true, however, I recall knowing the particulars for AOTC and ROTS fairly early.

24. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I think the false spoilers are even more damaging. You go in expecting to see some cool new character or fight scene, and it never happens.

Ryus likes this.
  25. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    ^That is a very valid point, especially if the movie doesnt live up to its potental or one really builds some idea up in there mind.

And all this time I thought it was the horrid casting for Jango/Boba Fett, the most poorly written love scenes I've ever seen, and the lame way the clones where used vs some more interesting ways the clones could have been used (there entire purpose really was just order 66 and yet keep the jedi alive vs overwhelming numbers of the battle droids till order 66 was issued) to name a few things... and not due to me knowing spoilers ahead of time but just due to it being truly the poorest written of the series to date.

Dont mean to be hating but I cut myself off from spoilers from ep 2 and saw it 3 days before it released and still saw everything coming from 12 parsecs away. So I cant be hating spoilers for my lack of enjoyment in it (I'll admit as a pitiful fanboy AotC has grown on me since then, but still there was no real surprises in the entire movie a spoiler could have ruined (I think minus maybe Jangos lame death, nothing really surprised me. Though upon reflection considering what happened to Boba in RotJ I guess I shouldnt have been surprised at all). Once again sorry I dont mean to belittle your opinion, just stating I did avoid the spoilers and yet still everything was just so glaringly obvious to me well a head of time that I cant see how spoilers could have made it worse... forgive me if I came off as insulting, just stating I dont really see what in that movie was worth being mad at spoilers for.