main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA When to have our next meeting!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Eledaia, Oct 25, 2004.

?

When to have our next meeting!

Poll closed Nov 8, 2004.
  1. Before the first weekend in November

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Friday November 5th, Evening

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  3. Saturday November 6th, Afternoon

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Saturday November 6th, Evening

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. After the first weekend in November

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
  2. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Even if you can attend a meeting on several of these choices, vote your most convenient choice. Also, if one of these choices is a definite "No" for you, post that here as well!

3. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    What time Friday "evening". I work till 7 on Fridays, so maybe if it were at 8...

4. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Well, I don't think that would be a problem (8PM), but I just figured that we would see what was the best date and then start debating the start time once the date was settled.

5. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    In that case...

6. mightyd4

mightyd4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2004
    If it is Friday Nov 5th after 7pm, I can probably hook us up with a classroom at Gonzaga... lots of seats, dry erase board, DVD/VHS, etc.

Nick

7. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Nick is the man, let's all give it up for Nick!... ...Now who's bringing the pizza... ...hmm...

8. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    95% sure we can have the site.

Directions etc. will be posted after Nov 5th is announced as the meeting time.

(already planning stuff for the meeting I am, yes)

9. daikage

daikage Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2004
    As a new wannabe member, thought I would chime in with my input. I voted for the 5th, but really never know when I will be free until right before the actual date. But, I know I can get to and from Gonzaga, and if I am not working that night I will do what I can to make it to the meeting. I really need to get involved in something.

10. Earwen_AndKillMe

Earwen_AndKillMe Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    Friday nights are never good for me. *sighs*

But it already works for so many of you. Friday nights I have college group that I am not done with until 10pm.

11. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    If it looks like it really must be on Friday the 5th, then *sigh* I can give up that night of drinking and debauchery. But let's not make it a habit of having these things on Fridays or Saturdays, okay?

However, I had been hoping that we'd be able to get together some time sooner, like before the end of the month, or even the end of the week. InCon withdrawal, and all that... or would that be post-Con depression.....

As I'm sure that you are all aware, WE HAVE A ST0RMTROOPER!!!!! :D [face_dancing] You'll have to pardon my enthusiasm, after all, it was the boys in white that first got me interested in... anything. Seriously. Hopefully Val was wrong and I didn't scare him off with my enthusiasm. But then, I did say that I'd build him a blaster. Anybody know what his name is? Kelli, you know how to get a hold of him, right?

Anyway, fantastic convention! It wouldn't have been even remotely as successful without your involvement Kelli. You rock!

12. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I have to echo Alfredo's enthusiasm... Kelli rocks, and totally made this InCon the best, also... yeah, the post-con depression hit me pretty hard today.

Casey was TK-3374's name... speaking of which, I need to work on getting that dancing stormtrooper footage uploaded somewhere, hehehe...

13. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    For future reference, I'll check and see if I can get weekday nights at GU.

InCon withdrawal..depression, yeah I hear you there.
    At work I have about 80% of my time free.... but I can't read, not allowed to write anything, have to sit there and twiddle my thumbs 'thinking' about what all I want to do... it sucks.

14. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Well, I was planning on getting the 5-5-5 dominoes pizzas and pop. I can bring my Trilogy on DVD, and TPM and SE's on VHS. I assume Alfredo will bring his Cartoon Network stuff. I say bring anything SW you've got that you can fit in your car and we can probably use it!

Thanks for the complements guys, but you better stop or my head will be so big that I won't be able to walk! :p I guess my enthusiasum was contagious! I came to the Con with no expectations, so of course they were exceeded!

So, now, what kind of pizza do y'all like? I know I had one vote for hawaiian, and you can't go wrong with meat lovers and pepperoni. Pop? Mountain Dew is definitely coming with me and you'll have to be very nice to me to get me to share it...

15. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    P.S.

Technically we have to be out of there at midnight or so.
    Still waiting on confirmation on the exact room (either 4th floor or 2nd, but I guess noone has an idea why that matters anyway)

Oh, and I am not working right now, temp job I had is over so I have time but no money.

How often are we going to want meetings, like once, twice a month? Just have to get in the request.

16. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I'm trying as hard as I can to avoid watching "Star Wars: The Expensive Edition"... do we really have to watch the DVDs... how about the good old version on crappy VHS (sorry, I'm really struggling with this whole DVD thing.)

The only thing I could think of that I would want in the way of food would probably olives on the pizza, and Dr. Pepper to drink, but whatever... I'm flexible.

Oh, and a quick question Nick, since we've been asked to bring "all things Star Wars"... in these rooms, is there broadband, would we have access to it, and would it be worth it to try and show off Galaxies? Just a thought.

(P.S. Erich's waiting to get his confirmation email so he can get onto the forums and start posting, and I don't regularly hang out with Spencer, so I don't know what's going on with him, Erich should though.)

17. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Kelli is the coollest!!

* sounds of a head being inflated * [face_devil]

Yes, I'll definitely bring my Clone Wars tape. And a few other (very) minor things. Does anyone have a way of contacting Casey about this next gathering?

* WHINE * I miss InCon!!!! :_| ...and I really regret not having found out if Noel is local or not..... [face_thinking]

Brief update on me: I just found out yesterday that I (and about a half-dozen other carpenters) might be out of a job by the end of the week. It happens in this business. It's the drawback of doing a good job. Eventually, everything is done and they don't need you any more. But it means that my money might be getting a little tight VERY soon.

Oh, and Kelli, bring a rough design of what you'd like your saber to look like. One of the things that I'll be bringing is directly related to that. But you will have to watch Clone Wars first so that you have some kind of perspective.....

EDIT: Kelli, are you aware that our website doesn't appear to be working?

18. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Sounds like InCon was a hit. You all are going to have to update me. I hate being out of the loop. :(

Anyways, if it's on Friday and lasts longer than 10pm I can show up. I'd really like to meet all the wonderful new blood we have joining us.

That is as long as Kelli and Alfredo didn't decide to boot me for missing InCon. [face_worried]

EDIT: I noticed that too when I went to show someone the website today.

19. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Yeah, I know the website isn't working. For some reason, geocities decided not to bill my account to the right card and disconnected my site from my domain name. It might be even more than that, because I can't even get to my free site either....:(

We couldn't boot you even if we wanted to Nat! You're the head cheese!

InCon wouldn't have been so great if I had found so many SW fans! Oh, and Alfredo, I have Casey's contact info, so our StormTrooper won't be in the dark about our next meeting...

20. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    We couldn't boot you even if we wanted to Nat! You're the head cheese!

[:D] Good to know I didn't lose my job. Let me know the moment you all get the next meeting finalized so that I can PM JediRacer with the info and get our scrolling info changed. As long as you all don't end early, I will be there for some of it :)

Check out my newest icon idea :p [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/SpokaneFF/SPOKANEFF.jpg]

21. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I know alfredo saw my icon post, but i guess everyone else missed it :(
    http://boards.theforce.net/Spokane,_WA/b10640/17311916/?2
    A little CONSTRUCTIVE criticism Natalie, the typeface on your latest, is to busy. Being a professional graphic designer (and I think Kelli will agree), that typeface is WAY to busy, and should NEVER, repeat, NEVER be used for ANYTHING especially something that small :):D;) but other than that KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Keep trying. I, for one, found it extremely hard to get the typeface readable on the one I made, and the Trajan alphabet is supposedly the most ledgible; but I think it's reasonable.

Oh, speaking of forum icons, how do we upload them for use? Does anyone know? Thanks.

22. Earwen_AndKillMe

Earwen_AndKillMe Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    Thanks Jarus. I'll remember that.

Your icons cool, but I personally prefer ones with a little more color. But that is just me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    | Convicted Sockoholic |
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

23. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Just out of curiosity... would anyone who doesn't play "Star Wars Galaxies" be interested in a demonstration at the meeting if it were possible. The first expantion pack "Jump to Lightspeed" hits stores today, and after work I'm going to get my preordered copy. I know Nick plays, and my friend Will (who I'm working on getting into the club) plays... who else... was it Joe? I think he was the one I talked to from Gorath, but maybe I'm mistaken. Anyway, would this be something you guys would be interested in, I surely wouldn't mind hauling my comp around for a good cause. I'd like to show Kelli the "Tailor" profession, and Alfredo the "Armorsmith" profession... just to name a few.

24. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    FYI

I don't have a way to hook up to the internet at Gonzaga yet. It takes some passwords, few hook ups, and brown-nosing.

But I'll work on it.

25. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Good man Nick.. good man...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.