main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where Were You When Star Wars Episode VII was Announced?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    The title explains it. Where were you when Ep. 7 was announced? I was taking a shower.

2. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Asleep on my couch, dreaming of Fels.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  3. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    on here,

I have no life :(

4. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Mourning my aunt's death.

No that is not a joke.

5. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    At Famous Daves eating ribs. My friend called me and asked if I heard the news. I puked a bit, then cried. Then accepted it...

6. AronAgmar

AronAgmar Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    At work. Got home, had to see it for myself, was shocked a little bit, but now accept it and am actually excited. Then I got on here and finally rejoined the forums after losing my account when the Temp. Forums were destroyed, much like Alderaan that fateful day.

7. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Actually it was very weird, I will never forget it. I was just laying in bed, lazy day, with my girlfriend. I got a BREAKING NEWS update from USA Today on my iPhone, and out of instinct but also because I thought it would be about Hurricane Sandy, I just started reading it aloud to my girlfriend. I said, "Breaking News from USA Today, Disney buying L..... Wow... oh my god..." She's like, "What?" "I just... wow...." "Well ok or don't tell me." Sadder tone of voice: "It says... Disney buying Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion... I cannot believe this. That can't be right?!" Then I just kind of sat there stunned, unable to think of much else besides like... I can't believe that this is the day where this happened. I mean, I thought one day, Lucas will die, and I will see that in the breaking news and be devastated, sort of like with Steve Jobs but 10 times worse. I kind of felt a bit like that today, with a real mix of emotions between wow holy cow more Star Wars!! and wait Star Wars, by some other company, without Lucas really at the helm. What does this mean?? I will never forget reading that on my iPhone, though, it just froze me.

8. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I was in bed (time zone difference LOL). When I woke up and saw the news, I was excited as hell. :D

9. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    The power is out at my house, so I went to a friend's who wasn't affected by the hurricane. So I leave to go back home, and I'm about five minutes gone when he calls me and says "get back here right now, Disney bought Lucasfilm and are making Episode VI". I temporarily devolved to a state of being 5 years old and I start babbling incoherently over the phone, then I turn around and head back to his house to verify it.

This will be an awesome memory one day

10. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Sinre EDIT: Absolutely inappropriate

11. LANDOROCKS

LANDOROCKS Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    Having my morning coffee reading the internet, nearly spat my coffee all over my Mac.

Good times, so exciting!

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Came home after school and saw it online, was so excited when I saw it!

13. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Was at work, nearing the end of my shift when i decided to check Facebook and the 501st had just posted a link about it

I was like "yeah right, nice joke" when a fellow C6 volunteer posted another link for the same story right after that. That's when I realized it was real

My last 30 minutes at work were not productive at all

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  14. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I was on twitter and the IMDB tweet come up, I had to re-read it cause I thought it was some parody IDMB page, and then thought, lol someone hacked IMDB's tweet. Then my news alerts went off, I googled it. I was shocked. I did not see that coming at all. I thought Star Wars would always be with Lucas and would die with him

15. astropaz

astropaz Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    I wasn't quite awake and saw the story on the breakfast news, I didn't think much of it at first though. It hadn't sunk in that they were going make more movies, I thought they just bought the franchise and at best was hoping for a cool new theme park.

16. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Not sure about when the new broke, but I was waiting for my bus home to arrive when someone told me the news.

17. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    I got a facebook update from a friend saying: "Episode 7.. no thank you..!" I was like what is the crazy smoking.. then jumped on cnn.. cried.. realized that as an adult I get to be more of a fanboy and see more star wars (too young for the OT.. but too old for the NT..) so.. im stoked!

18. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Never heard anyone say NT lol
    This goes down on my Star Wars timeline of events I cant fotget
    1>Seeing Jedi trailer on the big screen
    2>Seeing a Star Wars dark horuse ad for Dark Empire on the back of my comic
    3>Searching the new for the Star Wars SE Trailer
    4>Driving 60 miles to see a movie just to watch the TPM trailer
    5> Disney buys Lucasfilms, Star Wars 7 on the way!

19. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I was at home, post-Hurricane Sandy, watching The Clone Wars episode Friends and Enemies on blu-ray. I paused mid-way through for a bathroom break, then checked Facebook on the home computer. The Forcecast was posting up a storm and my jaw dropped. Didn't finish my paused Clone Wars episode until the next day.

20. ObiWanandonly

ObiWanandonly Jedi Padawan

Sep 23, 2012
    I was actually playing SWTOR and someone announced it in all caps in the general chat in Carrick Station. Everyone said he was full of it until people started checking for themselves, then the chat box was going a mile a minute the rest of the day.

21. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    teh internets

22. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Was it by someone named Zaafii who posted it in the chat by chance?

23. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Trying to find a series of mineshafts I'd seen in my minecraft world as it loaded.
    And then I checked facebook and the force.net had just written about it.

24. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    In bed, checking Sideshow Freaks to see if Hot Toys had announced Han Solo before I went to sleep.
    A thread caught my eye "new Star Wars movie". I opened it thinking it was going to be a Clone Wars thing. Read through it. There was no link so I assumed it was another wind up and went back to the main board. However, there were about 7 threads, all started by different people, with similar titles.
    I quickly checked the date on my phone (no joke) to make sure it wasnt April 1st and then googled "new Star Wars". Up came a BBC news report and I just couldn't believe it. I started blurting out a summary of the article to the wife.

OMG Lucas has sold Star Wars to Disney
    OMG they're releasing a new film in 2015
    OMG they're doing a whole sequel trilogy.

She looked at me as if to say "oh no, not again". And went to sleep.

I came straight over to these boards and went to sleep about 3 hours later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padme501st likes this.
  25. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    In Hospital getting checked for Cancer....reason to live baby!!! yeah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.