main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where Were You When Star Wars Episode VII was Announced?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    When it was announced: up flying.

When I heard about it: Buffalo Wild Wings. A friend posted on my FB wall that Mickey was making Episode 7.

Confused on how that was even possible, I googled "Disney Episode 7". Like everyone else, I was definitely surprised. Shared the news with my friends I was there with.

2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Good luck and it sure is.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  3. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Sitting in my car in the parking lot of a bookstore waiting on my wife. Just browsing a few sites when my jaw fell to my lap in disbelief. I told my wife that there was big news concerning my obsession. She nailed it on the second try after, "something to do with Notre Dame football."

Will never forget it:D

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    These days the "where were you when you heard about...?" answer isn't as varied as it was in the past. I remember hearing about space shuttle Challenger and being at school that day, hearing about 9/11 while driving, what I was watching when special reports broke of the invasion of Kuwait, the Soviet coup, the car crash of Princess Diana and so on, but in the past few years it all comes down to this unremarkable experience:
    I was sitting at home and saw it pop up in the news feed.

5. Crazy AT-AT

Crazy AT-AT Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Driving on the 10 fwy east from downtown L.A. stuck on bumper to bumper traffic when it came over the radio little after 3pm on my way to work. a big "wooooow" and texed some of the South Cal SW Fans the news.. few minutes later the same message circled back. productivity at worked slowed down for me as I kept jumping around the net for more info and also came hear after a years of hiatus. Long Beach Comic Con this weekend so will be there with everyone talking about it.

6. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I was sitting on my couch listening a glam metal radio station surfing Facebook.I can't recall reading the Star Wars Facebook page announcing it or JAT's post about it.Anyways,I told my sister and lots of ranting and swearing insued.

7. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I was on a Doctor Who forum when a friend on there posted the news and told me that I wouldn't believe it. I didn't believe it until I looked for the news myself.

8. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Sitting in the livingroom and was reading a book....before my dad told me that VII is coming on 2015 and I went completely crazy! First, I didn't belived it, but then I let the information sink in to me slowly.....HOLY SMOKE!

9. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Two Kenobies in a row.

10. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    :p

11. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I just went to work before the internet exploded with the news. I didn't find out until about 10 pm that night from my fiancée. What a shock it was.

12. TheProtocol

TheProtocol Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    I was at work and I think someone on my FB posted an article about Disney buying LucasFilm so I read it and when I read Episode's VII, VIII, IX were being made I was in disbelief, shock, happiness. Couldn't believe it but so happy.

13. A'den Skirata

A'den Skirata Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    I was in my bed surfing the web.

14. Jinn is MINE

Jinn is MINE Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2005
    I was reading about it in the NY Times just after the story was posted. But the announcement was so vague, I can't really get excited about it. And when they do have more details, I'll have to go into serious spoiler avoidance again, like I did for the prequels.

15. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    I was sitting there with a gun in my mouth when I heard the news. Now, I have a reason to live! [face_devil]

JediKnightOB1 likes this.
  16. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    With no power because of the hurricane, I had a moratorium on phone/text usage. I woke up to my text alert going off and was angry with whoever sent me one since everyone knew I couldn't recharge my phone and was saving it for emergency use only. Well, someone smartly understood the news to be an emergency. About 10 minutes later, my neighbor came over looking for me to tell me he heard the same thing and was wondering what the news would do the to value of my collectibles. :mad:Doofus!

I was so upset by his stupid question, the news itself and dealing with no power and a HUGE tree that had fallen and had crashed into the front of my house & blocked our cars that I couldn't speak. My entire world had officially been turned upside down.

I'm still numb about the news. I feel so betrayed somehow.

17. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    [:D] Sending lots of hope and good wishes your way, J_Girl. I'm sorry that Sandy affected you badly.

I was here. Reading the CCC. I went to google SW news like I tend to do, and lo and behold, the first story was about VII.

18. smuggler_vola

smuggler_vola Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 13, 2012
    On fanfiction.net, more specifically sitting at the dining room table on my laptop. First I was mad, then upset, then a mixture of those about the whole 'selling Star Wars thing' but...I decided to give Disney a chance.

19. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I was about to go to the bathroom, because when I heard the news I almost crapped my pants. :D

20. pillowpants

pillowpants Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I was at work. I didn't find out until my trekkie husband told me when I got home. He got way too much satisfaction out of knowing before me. Stupid trekkies.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  21. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Borneo, I didn't believe it [face_dancing]

22. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I just got home from work, with the intetion of making a pumpkin pie for Halloween. I wanted to check the airing time for the Once Upon A Time show so I accidentally ended up on the Disney pages and saw the press release. It's didn't quite sink in tbh. I logged in to Facebook, to find that a friend who used to work for the Mouse posted the news. Even though most of the internet immediatelly reacted with Disney-SW mashups, I was in shock about the Ep7 news, going through the Kübler-Ross phases of denial-acceptance and excitement. The pumpkin pie was forgotten. ;)

23. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Eating Dinner.

24. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    I was at home, making dinner, and wondering why the forums were so frakking slow. :p Facebook told me why.

25. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    I was on the Internet, in my room, on this website. Thank You Force.Net boards! If it wasnt for you, it would take me a much longer time to find out about Episode 7!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.