main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where will you see Episode 3?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by donsolo, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    they did stuff like that for LOTR at edwards midnight showing.... and yeah I'll be there with valens and my wife, hopefully dressed up, my jedi garb is scattered around in many peices, maybe i'll come up with something new, i'd love some trooper armor, or something...

2. aesium

aesium Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2004
    Even though I don't live in Fresno, I can say that Edwards does a beating to my wallet if I want something to eat. :(

If I happen to be in Fresno at the time, then Edwards for sure. I will just bring in some of my own food.

ie. Quizno's Sandwich, bag of cookies and you know.

3. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    that is why there is a target right next door, there you can get 4 boxes of movie candy for 5 bucks instead of 1 for 5 bucks at the theater.

4. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Indeed, Finney! All one need do is walk the short distance to Target, and fill up. If my wife were to accompany me this year, I could have her fill up her purse with candy/snacks, and bingo.

After taking a trip to S.F.'s WonderCon a few weeks back, I'm contemplating heading up to the Bay Area to see the movie at the Metreon now. Decisions, decisions!

5. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    Oh YEAH! The metreon rocks! valens and I did that with EP2, it was one of the best theatre experiences I've had!

6. PadawanFinney

PadawanFinney Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    you have to be careful about what you put in your bags though. those bastards at edwards for aotc dug through my purse looking for any sign of food. we had to hide them in out costumes, cargo pants, etc. and they won;t let you take in your light sabers or any other props either....they don't want smiling, laughing, or fun of any kind either...........not really but you get what i mean....

7. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    and they won;t let you take in your light sabers or any other props either

I remember this well. We had to have someone in our group run back to the car (Which, mind you, was quite a distance down the parking lot) to take all of the props for stashing. I found that to be annoying. On a Midnight Madness showing, it's doubtful you'll have any of the annoying jackasses you'd find during a regular showing, so I doubt anyone is going to be blocking the screen.

8. Bladion

Bladion Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2005
    and they won;t let you take in your light sabers or any other props either

That's really stupid, if you ask me. For AOTC, my wife, myself, and my dad went to Broadway Faire for the midnight showing and they let us bring my lightsaber in. In fact, someone was being stupid in front of us and my wife wanted to hit him with it! In fact, I think she may have at one point. Oh well, it's all in good fun, right?

-Bladion

9. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    Insert Lil' John music here!! lol

I will be at Brenden theater on the 13th where we are converting the theater into the bridge of the Executor!! SWEEEEEEET!!! Once we are done entertaining the rich folk, then the Garrison will get their screening....

I also want to find out if Slick Rick McCallum will be gracing us somewhere in the bay area. That would be the place to watch it. It would be soooo pumped up... If GL is screening it with the public even cooler....

Id love to join you guys at Edwards.... I will try to go, if possible but probably uncostumed. I have at least 3 appearances to make in the next few weeks.... I feel the sweat coming on already....

Time to get some UnderArmor gear....

10. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Elitist scum! ;)

You're as bad as a lightsider, or a piece of rebel scum.

I envy your attendance of the Modesto Charity Screening, but I can settle for slumming with these fine folks in Fresno. If only I could get there early enough, to get a better spot in line. Line jumping, anyone? [face_laugh]

11. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    "Set your weapons for stun..."

Duuuude, lets get your belt shored up so you can dress up with Finney's crew... We gotta represent the Darkside over there....

12. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Duuuude, lets get your belt shored up so you can dress up with Finney's crew... We gotta represent the Darkside over there....

Indeed. Of course, there will probably be tons on new Darkside-converts now, with ROTS. :rolleyes:

How much time would we talking to strengthen the belt or make a new one? I wouldn't want to tax thy significant other with too much work, considering what point we are before the movie. It's essentially why I didn't ask. I knew you guys were going to be busy leading in, with the 501st work.

13. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Indeed. Of course, there will probably be tons on new Darkside-converts now, with ROTS.

See my sig....

As far as the belt goes, I will check with T'... Im thinking in a pinch we may just reinforce it with another belt from the inside for a quick fix.....

14. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    I'll be at the midnight showing at Edwards in Fresno!! Yee-haw! Let's have a line party! [face_dancing] Go here for the thread and clink on the link to sign up for the line party at ThankYouGeorge.com.

Sorry... I may be a little annoying being new to this board [face_batting] , but I'm not new to tfn, just don't come around here often ;)

I just feel the need to organize something for us.

-AnakinsLuv

15. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    Looks like I'm going to be at Signature, since ALL 5 SCREENS ARE SOLD OUT AT EDWARDS. Ah well.

16. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    oh, well, just when I planned on going to Edwards, they friggin sell out! Damn... I guess I'll have to by my tix tomorow at work

17. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Egad! Been forever since I've been in here!!

Anyway, I'll probably at Town Center over in Clovis, they still have tickets available. :D Now, off to work on my costume! *woosh*

18. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    OK, so which threater in Fresno will have the biggest line?

And which one will be lined the earliest?

Anyone lineing up the day before, or the morning of the 18th?

19. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Anyone lineing up the day before, or the morning of the 18th?

I probably won't be getting to Fresno until around mid-day/early evening, at best, on the 18th. I believe we got there around 6pm for AOTC, and we were just at the end of the building for Edwards, before it bends around toward the parking lot. We got lucky last time, though, as we were able to meet up with Finney & Valens, and they let us jump up in line. Thanks again, guys! :cool:

20. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    No prob bob!

21. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    OK, I might have more details as it gets closer, but you might want to plan on being there earlier in the morning.

22. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Muhahaa, Edwards added a 6th theatre for the midnight showing. I nabbed a ticket today!

Who else is going to be in Theater 13? I'm going to line up at around 7 or 8 in the morning. But I have two back-to-back final exams at CSUF lasting from 11:15am to 3:15pm. I need someone to save my spot in line during that time!!!

23. Bladion

Bladion Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2005
    I've got a final at 8:45AM the next morning (the 19th), but you think that's going to stop me from going to the midnight show? No way! By the way, my group is in Theater 11.

24. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I had thought I posted it in here already, but apparently I didn't....

My group is divided, since I didn't buy all 8 tix at once (For those I don't "trust" for loans, I don't buy things for in advance). 5 of us (including me) are in Theatre 11, and the other 3 are in another theatre.

25. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Hey Bladion, I didn't say I wasn't going!

I asked if someone in the Theater 13 line could save my spot while I leave to take two final exams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.