main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Star Wars Government Would You Join?

Discussion in 'Archive: Ann Arbor, MI' started by Capt_Piett, Oct 12, 2005.

?

Which Star Wars Government Would You Join?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Galactic Republic

5.9%
  2. Jedi Order

5.9%
  3. Glalactic Confederacy

5.9%
  4. Galactic Empire

23.5%
  5. Rebellion Against the Empire

47.1%
  6. New Republic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. New Jedi Order

11.8%
  8. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Ok, this is as simple as it sounds. Vote for what government you would join in the Star Wars universe and (most importantly) discuss why. Notice, this is not which government would you like to join, pretend these are real life governments and you need to join one, which would you join?
    Discussion-

2. DetroitBountyHunter

DetroitBountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2003
    I voted for the strongest government of all; THE GALACTIC EMPIRE. Seeing as i love bounty hunters, they seemed to get better pay off's and more work with the empire. Long live Imperial Dominance.

3. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    An empire is no fun unless you're the emperor(known too many of those) and the Jedi Order has potential,but it needs to be re-vamped,so I went with the Rebellion.Of course,a rebellion is not really a government,it's a group trying to restore a form of government,but they seem to be the most egalitarian.

4. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    If you really want to get techninal, the Rebellion is not a government because it has no lagitimacy. There is only one major government (in the ture sense of government) in the galaxy and that is the Galactic Empire, which would never recongnize the lagitimacy of a Rebellion based against it's power.

5. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    You could argue that....or you could also say that the Empire is not legitimate and that the Rebellion is trying to restore the legitimate government.It's a grey area if you're talking about who should rule as opposed to who would you join.

Good topic,Kyle! :cool:

6. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    I'm just waiting for a few more votes before I vote myself, it's just a standard rule I make for polls I post.

7. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    I think we all know which one I voted for, but to clarify: the Galactic Empire. Not just because of Palpatine either. :p Look at the state of affairs throughout the Star Wars galaxy, and it's all a giant chaotic mess. Palpatine obviously instituted the New Order simply to appease his own megalomania, but that kind of order was what was needed to efficiently and smoothly keep the galaxy running in an orderly manner. Obviously there were loads of atrocities committed under the Empire, but all of them stem from the minds of either the Emperor or like-minded men like Tarkin. You weed out the power-hungry, you instill someone like Thrawn or Pellaeon as head of the Empire, and you have what I believe to be the best governmental system for a GFFA.

8. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Interesting point,and judging by the reception Palpatine's speech got from the Senate,there were certainly a lot of people who would agree with that,including Vader.Vader is very results-oriented and I think Anakin saw Palpatine as someone who could fix the problems that no one else was able to_Of course,the fact that Palpatine was causing most of these problems was beside the point! :p

I agree about Palpatine's Empire really being an ego thing for him,unlike Vader who probably just saw the Empire as a means to an end.The end in this case being to re-establish order.

9. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    I chose the Old Republic. It was a powerhouse government that had maintined peace for a 1000 generations (at the time of Ep. 1). Thier cooperation with the Jedi facitlitated this, but I believe that it was the government itself that helped this along.
    The only criticism I have for the Old Republic is that it fallowed down the line of so many other Democratic governments- the road to Tyranny.

10. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    GO REBELS !!!!!

The Empire is for the people who don't like to think for themselves (speaking majority here). If someone else tells you what to do they you never have to be responable for your own actions, you have to play by their rules.
    Rebel! Show them that you know how to think. The Empire will lead to stagnation. Initiate a change, and advancement for your society. Fight for the freedom to choose.

GO REBELS !!!!!

11. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Replies like this are why I like this group so much. :D =D=

12. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    Not to mention, an Empire is also for people who don't have to responsibility to speak up for themselves. That's how the Galactic Empire was created and that's how the Fashists gained power in Italy and the Nazi's gained power in Germany.
    When people become complacent with their government and their leaders... That is when Democrocies turn into Tyrannies.

13. Darth_Nemesis2

Darth_Nemesis2 Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2005
    i voted for the new jedi order because they seemed to be the only ones during that time period who actually knew how to run a government. i mean, the New Republic was more corrupt than the Empire in some ways.

14. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Had to go Rebellion. :D

I'm a Rebel thru & thru, sorry. That, and the NR / NJO, they get pretty screwed up there for a while, and well, the Rebellion had cool flightsuits for their pilots!!

15. YodasBrownEyedGirl

YodasBrownEyedGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    I had a bit of a hard time deciding between the Jedi order and the rebellion but in the end I decided with rebellion. The Jedi were mostly defeated because of arrogance. They realized the corruption of Palpatine too late but managed to do one very smart thing - - hide the twins - - which later creates a new jedi order. I think I'd like to fight for the rebels. Yeah their out numbered and all but the satisfaction of taking down a government that keeps putting a tighter choke hold on its society is bound to go down at some point. Plus Leia was stubborn and really wanted to kick some ass. :cool:

16. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I think the jedi order was a good idea that got weaken over time by it's own success. They dedicate their lives to the greater good, and while many aspects of the code seem drastic and even arrogant...there was a reason for them. I think with a few more jedi like Obi-Wan the jedi order may have survived the clone wars and Palpatine's corruption.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.