main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL WhirlyBall, Another Chi-Force Event

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rex_Karrde, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Come and join Chicago Force in the 1st Annual WhirlyBall game, to take place Sunday, March 16th, at Lombard ?WhirlyBall? 800 E. Roosevelt rd. Lombard, IL. From 3:00pm ?till 5:00pm.

What is WhirlyBall???

WhirlyBall, dubbed "The worlds only totally mechanized team sport" is best described as a combination of "Hockey, Lacrosse, Basketball & Polo" played while riding an electrically powered machine, similar to a bumper car, called a WhirlyBug. WhirlyBall is a new sport, and is played by two opposing teams of five players each. Each player rides a ?WhirlyBug? while using hand-held ?Scoop?. The object is to propel the ball called a ?WhiffleBall? into a 15? net in the center of a backboard situated on both ends of a 4,000 sq. ft. court. It's an easy game to play and is competitive for everyone 12 years and older and 4'6" or taller (sorry no Jawa?s).

So if you are interested, (no experience necesary) start posting your MSG, or e-mail us at Events@ChicagoForce.Org
    More information will be posted soon.

2. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Ok, I need a ride. My son may go too once he hears about this.

3. Rex_Karrde

Dec 7, 2001
    New Up-Date.

We are making 4 teams of 5 members each. The cost of the event is $20.00 and to contact us you can e-mail us at Events@ChicagoForce.Org

4. Chou_Young_Fett

Chou_Young_Fett Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2002
    I love WhirlyBall. But thats the weekend of Ides of March, a gaming convention. I's got to work it. But NEXT time I am so there.

5. Chou_Young_Fett

Chou_Young_Fett Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2002
    Oh, and maybe next time we could go to the WhirlyBall in the city on Fullerton....

Hint hint

6. JediLeo

JediLeo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    No Jawas they are what makes a party, man that sucks, they are the life of the party , i bet noone here has ever seen Jawas Gone wild tape i bet they change that no jawa rule or make smaller cars.I think i might go.Even if there are no Jawas,I'd know I'd go for sure if there were Jawas.

7. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Well Jawas can't Play, they can still come and watch. :)

8. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    A thought that crosses my mind that makes me happy. FREE PARKING. Yes! No parking fees to go to Whirlyball.

9. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I wish I could go but either it's Whirlyball or Paintball with my current financial situation (the allowance my wife oversees)

10. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    And you're choosing paintball? Have the pain and humiliation worn off already? :p

11. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    It's what makes me human. Plus, it gets the chicks!!!

>What's that, honey? I didn't........wait.....put that frying pan down......I know what you're thinking..........<

"CLANG"

12. Rex_Karrde

Dec 7, 2001
    Another Up-date; you don't have to pay if you want to join us. To play is $20.00, to come and party with us is FREE. There is only space for 20 people to play, so enroll A.S.A.P. if you want to play.

Hey Jodo, Good luck; and Matt, I have some MEMORIES from last year (our blaze of glory moment) at least we won Paintball last year.

13. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Yes Jodo, you can come and mock us from the sidelines. Of course, this means we get to mock you back. ;)

14. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
  15. Jediericacrawford

Jediericacrawford Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2002
    I am going. I got an email saying where to meet up to get a ride so I am going.
    I am not competative but for some reason when I play this game I am out for blood.
    Plus it is really hillarious to see everyone try to be all coordinated playing basketball on a bumper car.

16. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    I didn't get an e-mail. Where do we go to get a ride there? :(

17. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Only 6 more days, people!

E-mail events@chicagoforce.org for info.

18. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Don't forget to send your payment in advance. Pay via Paypal to paypal@chicagoforce.org

I've never played before, but it looks like fun. It looks similar to the Buzz Lightyear game that was at DisneyQuest.

Phil

19. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I sent payment via pay pal....hope it was received....don't know how long my injured shoulder will let me play...but I figured I would give it a shot....if I can't play...I can always watch.

20. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Is anyone going just to watch? I ended up with the day off work but since I cannot afford to play right now I am willing to go watch if others are as well.[/color]

21. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    DestinyFroste...
    I paid to play....but as I said...I am not quite sure my injured shoulder will let me play very long...so if I can't....you can have my spot....and I will watch...

(btw..Destiny....see you are looking into The Jedi Assembly....glad to hear that....talk to you about that at Whirlyball....)

22. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Thank you. I will be there...just printed out directions off mapquest.[/color]

23. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    For those not familiar with the area, here some's landmarks. The entrance for Whirlyball is at a stoplight. There is a Wendy's and a KFC/A&W combo at this light. There is a Franks Nursery & Craft within, the Whirlyball place is set pretty far back from the road. You'll probably see the Frank's first. If anyone needs more landmarks, let me know.

24. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Looks like I'll be able to make it after all.

25. Rex_Karrde

Dec 7, 2001
    He, He, He...This is going to be REALLY FUN!!! There is still 3 spots open, ANYONE WANTS TO TAKE THE CHALLENGE???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.