main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

who' going in costume

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by BountyHunter1, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    *sigh* Being broke sucks. :(

[waivering conviction voice]Ha! Armor... money... A jedi needs not these things. [/waivering conviction voice] 8-}

2. TK895

TK895 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2000
    Stormtrooper, Biker Scout, Sandperson, Civilian, Commander OokOok and a special suprise for all.

3. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    I'll be looking for you. ;) I'll probably be joining the 501st once I finish my armor.

4. TK-507

TK-507 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    TK-507 will be there. Any other stormtroopers joining us from Nebraska, Iowa, or Illinois?

See ya there!

5. CrimsonGuard

CrimsonGuard Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2002
    Imperial Pilot but in the Plain Black Uniform no helmet or nothin cause a guy's gotta have money for that stuff.

6. Grand Moff Touch

Grand Moff Touch Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 1999
    Jaina11, try some military surplus stores. You can get some German Officer Riding Boots that are fairly high on the calf for about $50. I have some on the way I just ordered. I am considering taking them to a shoe repair place to have some straps added to them. Of course, I may have to if they don't fit on my calves.

7. ladystar

ladystar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2001
    I'll be going as Mara Jade from The Emperors Hand Decipher card

8. CRIMSONGUARDS4ME

CRIMSONGUARDS4ME Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2002
    My son and I are going as Imperial Officers. He was going to do Jedi, but then changed his mind when he saw my costume. We wanted to go as the Men in Red, but the reality of 3 days in the helmet gave us second thoughts. I am really excited, but, the town we live in is a bit different. No one here really knows what "Star Wars" is. We are comming from a SMALL town in north florida. We hope to meet folks there who live in our area so we can have some contact with "local" fans and such when we return. :)

9. JediUbo422

JediUbo422 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2002
    I'd love to show up in a Jedi costume, but I haven't finished it yet. Trying to find bits and pieces as I go. Having my lightsaber lathed by a machinist on a laser CNC. Drew it up in AutoCAD. : ^ ) And I'm going to have a lady in town make my robes from osnaburg cotton. Don't know about the cloak yet. Don't want to be too warm. Thinking about the Parks Sabers Defiance belt, but I'm having trouble finding authentic looking pouches. And I don't want to get the wooden things from Katarra. Anyways, I'll be there in costume if I can.

Jedi Ubo

10. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    My costume is finished and presentable and I am now 99.9% sure I will have it on for at least part of the celebration. :D

11. QuiGonTim

QuiGonTim Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    QGJ check out the pic w/ my bio

12. tk325

tk325 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2002
    I'll be there as a stormtrooper. Probably be my first 'official' apperance with the 501st. :D

13. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    QuiGonTim is the best looking Qui Gon Jin I have seen and I have seen MANY.

I am getting dressed up as a SW geek. I have a few costumes.

14. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Wow! Sounds like there are gonna be tons of great costumes! Apparently there are quite a few people who are very skilled at making them. Unfortunately, I, myself, am not so skilled, but trying to make up for with determination.

I am furiously working on completing my Jedi costume. I have a robe and boots, but I want to make modifications to both. If I run out of time however, I'll just save those little touches for Celebration III!

Yesterday and today will see a completed custom lightsaber - very simple design since I am not too handy with a tools, etc. But it's looking good so far.

I have the material for my tunic, but have not started sewing. I also need to get a belt. If I have any other things, like a Qui-Gon style communicator, food capsules, etc., I'll have to buy them. I'm sure that with the tunic and the belt I'll be very busy.

Jaina11 I had a hard time finding tall boots that were wide enough for my calves, and I'm not all THAT overweight. If you have this problem, or are looking for a cheaper alternative to buying boots, I made mine by modifying shorter boots that I bought at the thrift store for $8! I just added leather to make them taller, and some decorative touches.

For all those who mentioned being nervous about publicly appearing in costume:
    Please don't worry. Bring your costumes. You'll see so many people wearing costumes varying from excellent quality of craftsmanship to slapped together stuff, that you'll just want to join in the fun, and you'll know that no one is judging you. If you don't give it a try, you'll be sorry. I've appeared in Jedi costume at cons by using the most suitable stuff I could find in my personal wardrobe, in conjunction with my only finished item, a Jedi robe, and one of the plastic Qui-Gon sabers. Sure, there were folks with much better costumes, but there were a lot of people with nothing who really admired what I had done so far. I urge you all to try it.

This is going to be so excellent!

15. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    I'll be there in the ANH Leia costume, with the Buns and all for Friday and Saturday. Or maybe a Jedi costume. My fiance is coming in as a Imperial Officer.

On sunday I have to wear my Entry for the Contest.

If any one needs costume help, or tips, I am a costumer. You can PM me, or message me privatly. I just don't like taking up board space.

Yeah! I'm getting excited!

Lotus!

16. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Well, of course I'm going in costume! So's the person who's going with me. If we're paying the fee, standing in line, attending the concert, traveling the distance, then it might as well be in costume. As a former Indy resident, if I get a few strange looks from the residents traveling from my hotel to the center, so what? I thought them kinda strange too. (No offense to our WONDERFUL Indy fan force people; Indiana is a wonderful, beautiful place, just....conservative, I think, for the most part.) Anyway, we're constructing our costumes from the Expanded Universe. No set ideas. Look there for inspiration!

17. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    >If you're having trouble finding Star Wars replica costumes, let me know. I've started a pretty big database of resources.

Celebrations only weeks away!

Bye for now!
    <

Yes, I want to KNOW ;)

18. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I'll be going to the Celebration in my Luke ROTJ costume. Any ROTJ Leia's (slave girl, Ewok maiden, etc), Han's or other ROTJ characters coming? I'd love to get some group photos of us all!

VK

19. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Well, my slave dancer costume is completely finished, and my sith costume is almost done and will be in the costume contest. Just need a belt, gloves, and a few finishing touches. I am making a new robe however, just not satisfied with the one I first made. And am going to do Leia's ceremonial gown from ANH- got the jewelry done already.

20. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I will be going as the typical tourist......camera around the neck, sunscreen on the nose,bermuda shorts and white legs and a hawaiian shirt.......ohhhhh........wait this is star wars.............hopefully I will be able to throw a jedi costume together...but no promises............ ;)

21. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I will be going as the typical tourist......camera around the neck, sunscreen on the nose,bermuda shorts and white legs and a hawaiian shirt.......ohhhhh........wait this is star wars.............hopefully I will be able to throw a jedi costume together...but no promises............ ;)

22. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    oops sorry about the double post my comp locked up.. :(

23. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Hey Mirax H,
    I'll keep an eye out for you and any other ROTJ folks so I can grab a few shots with you if that's ok. I'll only have Luke's ROTJ costume this time, so that's what I'll be running around in for the most part. I'm not sure I'll be able to hang around for the costume contest as my friends and I have to leave Sunday afternoon. Can't remember the exact time of our flight off hand, but I'm not sure I can stick around. By the way, does it bother anyone else that the costume call is on Sunday, rather than Saturday night? It would seem to me that a lot of the folks coming from out of state would have to leave on Sunday. Unless of course, they planned things better than I did and took Monday off!
    Oh well...

24. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    I took Mon and Tues off. Got a relief Doctor filling in for me Thurs-Tues, thank goodness. It is a shame the contest isn't Sat but I guess with the concert, that would be too much to organize in one day perhaps?
    And my costume isn't an exact duplicate of Leia's but if you would like to do pics together, that would be cool. I will have pics of my costume on my web site soon since just got digital camera today
    !!!!!

25. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    I'm going as a handmaiden (the mustard/yellow throne room costume).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.