main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is going to Celebration II?

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bujo, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Hi-

I'm having trouble keeping up with the posts, so I was seeing who all is going to Celeb II.

I am going along with a friend of mine.

2. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I am also going.

Leaving early morning on Friday and staying all three days. I will be staying at the Courtyard Mariott right next to the convention center.

3. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    When is Celebration II? I don't even know. I doubt I can go, but I'm curious. ~~Megan~~

4. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    May 3-5 in Indianapolis. I just bought my tix over the weekend. There is still time!

5. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm so excited to go to SWC2!!! wheeeeee!!.. I'm leaving Thursday morning, so I can sleep .. hehe.. This will be my first SWConvention (of sorts).. Has anyone ever been to some kind of SWEvent before??.. I wish I had.. But I proud to be a part of the SWC2!!..

6. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    I went to WisCon a couple times when I was a kid, but other than that I am a convention virgin (CV).

:)

Somone had said something earlier about getting together later on the first night and going to a bar or something. I am up for that!

7. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I am up for that because right now that seems the best bet. Just a nice relaxed evening after the convention closes. The parties and dinners on the web seemed too up in the air. Maybe we can discuss it on the 13th since practically everyone coming so far is going to be at Celebration.

8. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Stupid school. I'm in my third last week of school during Celebration. Oh well. I'll probally go next time...if I'm not still in school! ~~Megan~~

9. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    Leave after school Friday - you won't miss any school that way.

:)

10. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    Yeah.. We could go out somewhere as a group after a day at the Celebration.. Whatever we decide, I'm sure it will be fun.. I can't believe it's coming up so soon..

11. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    >>Leave after school Friday - you won't miss any school that way.
    That would work except for the fact that I have a banquet Friday night and no way to get there. It really stinks not having a car at college. I'll go to the next Celebration. I'll just have to hope it's close to home! ~~Megan~~

12. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm going, too, with my boyfriend. Got our tix in the mail already, and made reservations by the airport. We're driving down, so we figure we'll find someplace to park at the convention center, or wherever (we've got the car, anyway...).

I'm up for a night out after the celebrations close one night, too! :)

Just got my silk for the cloak of my costume for the convention. Now I'm really speed sewing! So, if you don't hear from me for awhile, it's 'cause I'm stuck on my living room couch embroidering!

But I'm still coming on the 13th! :)

13. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Me and my bud were planning on doing some serious damage to downtown Indy Friday night (and maybe Saturday depending on the John Williams concert). While it will be fun during the day at the convention, I plan on letting loose at night (it's my vacation after all). I guess this is one of those things we can talk about on April 13.

14. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    We're both going, planning on getting down there on Thursday afternoon, and leaving Monday morning. And we'll probably try and see the concert on Saturday night, especially if John Williams is there. Friday is the opening day for Spiderman, so if there's nothing going on convention wise, we might find a theater in Indy to see it in, or wait until we get home Monday because if there's any more Star Wars that we can cram into that weekend, we're going to try. So if people want to meet somewhere down there, it would be nice, since we probably won't make the meeting on the 13th, unless the museum is free.
    We're staying at the Super 8 by the Indy airport, in case any one else is staying out that way. It's cheap and all we need is a place to sleep. It would be nice to be in a hotel connected to the convention, but we'd rather have the extra $150 to spend on merchandise.

15. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    Hey, TheWampas1138!!.. If you're not coming to the meeting April 13th because you don't want to pay the $6 each to get in.. Well.. I'll pay for you (and your wife)... It's no big deal.. I know what it's like to be hard-up for money.. Let me know..

16. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    I can chip in too.

I'd hate to have someone not come because of the cost!

17. mirrax

mirrax Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    C2 - can't wait. I'm planning on driving down with my daughter really early on Friday, unless I can get some cheap airline tickets - Midwest Express runs last minute flights and they have Indianapolis on their list.

We went to Celebration I in Denver and it was a blast despite the unorganization and all the rain, mud, and incredibly long lines. Actually the long lines weren't that bad because the fans were all friendly and we got to know quite a few people.

Hope to see you all on the 13th and at C2!!

18. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Does anybody know what time Celebration starts? I have to stay in Oshkosh till about 8ish on Friday night. I don't even know how I'd get there, but I can always try. :) ~~Megan~~

19. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    It runs all day Friday through Sunday - I'm not sure of the exact times though...

20. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    The schedule I got a while back from the Celebration website has show hours as follows
    Friday 10:00am -8:00pm
    Saturdat 9:00am - 8:00pm
    Sunday 9:00am - 4:00pm

I don't know what time the concert is and when the costume contest is on Sunday.

21. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Looks like I'll have to wait for Celebration 3. I'd only be able to get there for Saturday if I went this time and without a car, that's just not possible. I'll just have to watch all my movies back to back instead. :) ~~Megan~~

22. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I didn't realize it was only $6. The last time we were there I think it was over $20, but that included passes into the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit (which was worth the money if you like her work). I appreciate the offers to chip in, but if the time works out, then $6 won't hold us back. Right now we're both in a Star Wars 'zone' so to speak where it's all we're thinking about.

23. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    From the SW official site:

"One of the original and best-known stars of the Star Wars saga, Carrie Fisher, will be at Celebration II at the Indiana Convention Center May 3, 4 and 5. "

..you must be happy LeiaYT!

24. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Now I'm REALLY bummed I'm not going. Missing all these fantastic people is killing me! I am VERY jealous of all of you who are going. It's too bad my favorite actor, Harry Ford, will NEVER be at a Celebration. ~~megHAN~~

25. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I am so happy Carrie is showing at C2, I can't stand it! I've been bouncing off the walls all day--I can't concentrate! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.