main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Who IS going to the Celebration?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Feb 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    I know there are several threads about this, but this will be the official one. :D

So if your from the Omaha area and going, Fanforce member or not, please post here. It would be cool to have a group of us there! Craigrr and I are going. Perhaps Sarahpie too, if she can arrange it. Anyone else?

2. banthagrl

banthagrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001
    Nerfherder and I are talking about going, but no firm plans yet - the timing of the event is bad for us (w/work schedules and stuff). :_| But I really REALLY want to go!

3. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Bad news guys....

I have a final 9am on that Monday, and there's pretty much no way to get out of it.

No Indy for Sarah :( :_|

4. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    That's okay Sarah. You can give me your money, and I'll go in your place! :D

5. TK-507

TK-507 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2002
    I am going with my son and one of his friends. My son and I will be wearing our stormtrooper armor for most of the event.

Plus, we'll be trooping around the Old Market this Saturday evening 2/16/02!

See ya in Indy!

Kurt
    TK-507

6. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Well got the final word in today. I'm not going to Celebration II. I'm very disapointed but that's the way it goes. So you guys think of me while you're having fun and I'm at work wasting time. I don't think I'll get anything done that week. :( Too depressed. Have fun.

7. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Don't worry Jake...we can be non-Celebration going losers together.

8. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    I will be attending SWCII. I will be taking my lovely wife, and perhaps a co-worker. I just have to put the final touches on the new and improved scout armor.

TB750
    John Jaeckel

9. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Cool!! Do you plan on attending the FanForce party Friday night?

10. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Hi guys, I'm not Fanforce yet, but I'll be going on Friday early morning and coming back Sunday night. I figured I'd give in to the power of the dark side, so I booked my room and my airfare this past weekend. On Friday, I'll probably be wearing an "Alphacon" T-Shirt, so it should be relatively easy to spot me (a needle in a sea of haystacks more then likely). After that and once I acquire a Star Wars T-shirt or two, I can't guarentee what I'll be wearing. :) I'm staying at the Marriott.

11. smanigal

smanigal Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    I am attending with my wife. We are staying at the Marriot Downtown. We are flying out of Sioux City on Thurday afternoon and returning on Monday evening. This is going to be the most incredible experience. Not as up-close and personal as Alphacon but great nonetheless!!

12. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Cool! Hope to see you guys there! craigrr and I plan to head out Thursday morning, and be there that night (we're driving). He's got the low-down on where we're staying exactly, but its north of downtown some. I'll probably wear an AC tee one of the days, too. And an Omaha Fan Force one if we have them done by then.

13. Vader71

Vader71 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    I'll be there all three days. Not decided on a hotel or car vs. plane. This will be my first convention. I'm hoping to have a great time and not go broke.

14. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    For those who are driving, I recommend getting some up to date listings on the roads around Indy, as the highways can be a little torn up down there with road construction. The north route through Iowa is pretty clean until you get to Illinois, then the roads seem a little rougher. The only problem is the 65mph speed limit all the way to Indy.

As an alternative, you could take a southern route to KC, then I-70 to St Louis, then head to Indy via I-70. The advantage of the south route is the 70mph speed limit through Missouri, then 65 in Illinois and Indiana, so about half your trip will be at a higher speed limit and the distances are roughly the same on the two routes. St. Louis can be a real chore to get through though due to the traffic and the rough roads in the downtown area, so loop around the outside of town as much as possible and try to plan so that you don't pass through at rushhour (which can happen if you plan to be in Indy by Thursday evening or night). The Rand McNally website gives pretty good listings of road construction sites and if you are a AAA member, a trip-tik is most helpful.

Also, if you use gas cards exclusively to pay for your gas, not all brands that one would consider to be national are represented in Indiana or parts of Illinois (Texaco isn't). The gas prices overall are pretty reasonable in the southern part of the states, compared to northern areas like Chicago, based on my past annual driving trips to Louisville, KY. And always, make sure your car is well maintained to handle the trip. Heat shouldn't be a problem in early May, but rain probably will be, so have good tires and a good set of wiper blades.

15. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I hope to get to meet everyone there. Stop by the Indy Knights fan table & say hello. We are also having a fan party. hope to see you there! :)

16. TK-507

Jan 7, 2002
    I just found out we're not only going to Celebration II, we're working it! As members of the 501st stormtrooper legion, my son (Conrad - 0063) and I have been called to serve at checkpoints throughout the event.

We'll have to turn in our badges for staff badges and will pull three shifts of 3 hours per day. Should be fun!

See you in Indy!

17. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'll be there! Stop by the FanForce table to say hi to your fellow FanForcers. Or, you could volunteer to work the table for a shift.

18. TK-507

Jan 7, 2002
    RIVER CITY REBELS - Indianapolis Meeting Point

Anyone from the Omaha Fan Force who is going to Celebration II and wants to meet, please let me know and I'll give you my contact information. We just received word that the Hyatt downtown (connected to the RCA Dome) had a cancellation and we have a room!

This is VERY good news for Conrad and me, as we will need a place to rest after working security detail at the event.

See you in Indy!

KURT (TK-507)

19. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Well you know craigrr and I will want to meet up with you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.