main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal Who is the best pilot?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by GoddessJainaSoloFel, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Here we can discuss who is the best pilot. Any character who has flown a ship can be included in this discussion.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    From what I can gather, Jaina ****'s all over everyone else! And being that she is a young woman, I so love that! :D

3. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Lady_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    [face_worried]

I... I can't decide between the W guys... Can I say both of them.

4. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    You can say whoever you want. I'd like to see your reasoning behind your opinions though. By posting opinions you open up the oppertunity for debate and conversation :)

5. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    i thought Anakin was a very good pilot but not sure if thats still the case..

Barron Fell was an excellent pilot as well

6. Sonya_Antana-Sky

Sonya_Antana-Sky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2005
    Hello!

For me, it's still Luke Skywalker. His father was good as well, but it looked too much of a game with him. As for Jaina, I don't know, for I haven't found time to read the New Jedi Orders series yet...

7. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    For the actual movie period I think it's a toss up between Han, Anakin, Wedge and Luke. If we go into the EU there are just so many to pick and choose from that I simply can't single out a best!

8. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Lady_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Regarding the movies my answer would be Anakin Skywalker for the prequels and Han Solo for the original trilogy. These are the two that stick out more in the movies to me. Luke is good, but I don't think he's as good as Han in the movies, I'm not taking the EU and all in consideration here.

Now if we go in the EU I have to agree with Goddess, we got introduced to so many other characters, that that opened more possibilities for an answer. My answer is the same as earlier, that is stuck between Wedge and Wes.

True people can point out that Luke is going to be better than those two, and I agree up to a point. Luke has the Force, while Wedge and Wes don't, which gives him a little advantage really. Now if you had Luke pilot an X-Wing without the Force against Wedge, I think Wedge would win. Luke is more of the ground assault with his lightsaber and all, while Wedge has always been in space combats. In other words, Wedge never truly rusted in piloting, he kept on gaining experience, while Luke, didn't rust, but I can't say he has as much experience as Wedge in piloting.

I believe the same would go with Wes and a few other Rogues, like say Hobbie and Tycho. As for Wes going up against Wedge, I think it could be something worth seeing. I'm not exactly sure who would come out as the victor in that. Sure Wes has always been a pilot and probably will always be just that, but even if Wedge is a general it hasn't had an affect on his piloting skills that much. I believe they are pretty much of the same level, as is probably Tycho and Hobbie.

As for Soontir, well I will openly admit, I haven't read much about the Baron, but from what I can gather, he's a pilot to keep an eye out on. Cant remember where, but I believe someone said that if he and Wedge went up against each other, the victor would be the one with the most luck on their side that day. From what I know of the Baron, I would say that whoever said that would be correct.

Coming to Corran... I think that's another great pilot, I mean he has to be good to make it to being a Rogue in the first place. When we first get introduced to him, he's one of the best pilots in the squadron, the only one being able to beat him, other than Wedge of course, would be Bror Jace. He had no idea of his heritage and quite frankly I think he's pretty much like Luke, the Force is simply another extended hand of help, that he doesn't exactly need to survive.

There are many other pilots that we could discuss, like say Kyp Durron, Jaina Solo, Gavin Darklighter, Face, Ton, etc. But I'm sick of typing this, and I'm running out of ideas wihtout wanting to sound too repetant. And sadly I have to leave soon for a class... but trust me I would prefer staying here and discuss 'pilot stuff' over 'atoms stuff'...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.