main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whoa.....mad spoilers from TOS

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darthparth, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    I heard a few people confirm the fact that Jacen would have a focus-book (paperback) on him late in the series. This was apparently confirmed from an early interview from one of the authors. I'm just curious, has anyone else heard of this?

2. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    I've heard rumors of this as well....which means Jimmy's time is up.

3. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    The galaxy is lost...wow.
    Its almost impossible to win now.

4. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    In many ways BP was a Jacen story

5. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Although BP's climax involved Jacen, it was in no way a Jacen story as Conquest was an Anakin story. Plus, I'm talking about a paperbook "focus-book" on jacen and BP was of course a hardcover.

6. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    I think I remember KT saying that Jacen was the main character in BP. However, since he didn't have the only big role, we may see another book on hhim. His problems are clearly still far from resolution.

7. Darth_Blazer

Darth_Blazer Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2001
    It would make perfect sense for Jacen to die....

But could Han handle the death of his own son after the death of his most beloved friend....?

HOWEVER: It would be very cool to see him kick the galactic bucket and possibly see Jaina go do some serious Darksider action!

8. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    They were already establishing a resistance though I can see where if the NR High Council decide to run for it their focus would have to be shifted more fully to this effort.

With all respect to Wedges abilities it sounds like old-failure might still be up to his old tricks though.
    Take one very popular military officer (who has defied you in the past) and give him the chance to die heroically defending the retreat of his fellows...
    Then once he's safely dead make speeches praising his sacrifice and use this to boost your own political profile.

Throwing Wedge and Rogue Squadron into the mincer gets rid of people who'd be allies to both Luke and Kre'fey and is entirely consistent with Fey'lya's past behavior (like scheming to remove Ackbar from command during Thrawns offensive).

Maybe finally Ackbar will return with a counterattack from Mon Calamari, which will save Wedges battered rearguard...but the last time I tried a prediction I thought DT1:eek:nslaught would be about Wedge flying from CRS Viscount so my record is not good :p

9. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    Speaking of the Viscount, why haven't we seen any front line NR battleships dish some damage to the Vong? It's not like the NR is lacking, they have the Lusankya, Viscount, and Other larger battlecruises which, inexplicably, they're not doing anything with.

10. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    No! Wedge can't die! I really hope he doesn't.

11. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    They might have scrapped the Lusankya.

There was the statement in Shield of Lies (Black Fleet Crisis Book Two) that the only SSD they captured had been scrapped.
    ("Mon Motha had given orders to srap rather than repair or make a museum piece of the sole SSD captured from the Empire.")

However this novel was written before the Lusankya popped up in New Republic service in "Crimson Empire", and we do know that the Lusankya was repaired (even if possibly later retired to allow for the next sentence of "Consequently, the eight-kilometer-long behemoth circling N'zoth had anything in the New Republic fleet badly outgunned.").

So in a pinch we could say there was a second SSD which had been immediately scrapped, one which had been captured from the EMPIRE rather than from Isards semi-renegade forces...
    Or that as this was a briefing involving civilan politicians that scrapping the Lusankya without repairing and using her was the publics perception rather than the truth, and possibly use this same excuse to disallow the "badly outgunned" sentence...

But as I say they might have scrapped the Lusankya by the time of BFC, and certainly once the Peace-Treaty with the Empire had come into force :(

12. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Something, or somebody alive(maybe isard, who only thought she was diening) was locked away on the lusankya, to live in total suclusion.

13. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, they should unleash Isard upon the Vong :D

14. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    She'd probably try to join them, or take them on herself. Either way, she'd just end up dead. Which I would enjoy.

15. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Hum. Isard's dead twice, as far as I remember... The original shot by Iella, and the clone by Wedge... They really make a perfect couple ;) !

EDIT : Unless she had another clone, but if she had, why not Thrawn. AND NO I DON'T WANT ANOTHER CLONE OF THRAWN...

EDIT 2, BTW : I understood this was humor. I know, I don't seem to have, but I have.

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    What was locked away in the lusankya is the question.

In Mas style something is only dead if someone not the person dieing says they are dead(and even then it's questionable).

examples.

Corran 2-3 times already has had near death experiances, each time it was his own internal thoughts that he felt he was dieing.

Yet, he always returns every time alive and well in the next stackpole books.

Second the real isard when she was shot was thinking to herself she was dieing and going to see the great beyond. Yet, we don't actually see her die, or anyone else comment on her death.

yet, in the last part of the book, Iella, goes into a whole cryptic spiel about some hidden section of the lusankya housing a special cell, only guarded by droids, and that something is hidden there, and Iella says she is not allowed to talk about it, it's classified. This scene would not be needed in the story if it wasn't hinting at something related to the whole story.(In common MAS style this points to real isard probably was repaired in bacta, and locked away forever(at least until someone decides to free what ever is locked away) in the same prison, she used to torture, and imprison others. Here own internal death thoughts after she was shot, were highly innacurate.)

17. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Could be Val, but I don't think so... At least I didn't think when I wrote the beginning of this reply... And now that I... OMG !!!! Isard's alive !!!

18. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Isard lives!

19. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I'd always thought it was possible that Isard lives...

Iella talked to Ysanne Isard about how they'd entomb her alive in a sealed section tended only by droids (which prompted Isard to go for her blaster).
    Description of Isard feelings could be taken as being a loss of consciousness rather than death, it seemed noticable that Stackpole never said "dying", "dead", "corpse", or similar.
    And when Corran talks about a section of the Lusankya being sealed off and serviced only by droids (which would fit Iellas description for Isards prison) Iella looks shifty and says it's a bio-containment facility which nothing would be getting out of alive (hmm..Ysanne Isard is biological so a prison could be described as a bio-containment facility...like calling a dustman a refuse-operative :p ).

Besides you even had Corran actually say "If there's a spark of life, bacta will keep you going" :)

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yep, she's definatly alive.

21. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Yeah, finally Lando will see some action!!!!

Is that Jaina on the cover??? Wow, she's hot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.