main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why do some people hate the Ewoks?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sith_Angel, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Angel

Sith_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2002
    Im just curious why do some people hate the Ewoks? personally i thought they were cute and they didnt bother me!

2. kenobikenobi

kenobikenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2002
    no clue. I think they are adorable [face_love]

3. Sith_Angel

Jul 4, 2002
    How could anyone hate them they are so cute!

4. Darth_Angelus

Darth_Angelus Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2001
    The same people that hate the ewoks are the same who didn´t like Episode 1 because its so-called "childish aspect"

5. Jake_Barnes

Jake_Barnes Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2002
    I've never seen so many love-face emoticons in my life. I feel like I just walked into the pink aisle at a toy store.

6. leia_girl

leia_girl Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    no clue. How can anyone hate such adorable creatures?! There is a Lego Star Wars digital video of the Ewoks.. I think it is called Ewok Attack at www.lego.com/starwars/products.asp in the screening room. That is my favorite video.

7. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I don't hate the Ewoks. They're great.

They're cute. They're fuzzy. They're low-fat and high in protein. They make great throw rugs. Their pelts are warm in cold winters. I have an ewok-hide blanket which I break out on cold January/February nights...

8. Jake_Barnes

Jake_Barnes Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2002
    Factually incorrect and with profanity! You might want to edit that.

9. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    People hate them because they are cute, fuzzy, loveable, adorable little bastards that deserve to die!!!

10. Sith_Angel

Jul 4, 2002
    Oh i see!

11. MsFormula

MsFormula Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    I love the Ewoks!! Always have since I frist saw them back in the '80's.

12. Sith_Angel

Jul 4, 2002
    Well im glad to see that so many people do like them!!! :D

13. Darth_Reaper

Darth_Reaper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    i really hate them because they ruined what would otherwise have been my favourite movie of the ot :mad:

i want to commandeer a scout walker and kill them all :p

14. anakin71

anakin71 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    i can ease the pain a bit reaper
    just wastch that scene where those two ewoks get shot over and over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and overand over and over

i actually dont have a problem with them. it adds some salt to the wound of the empire. expensive trooper defeated by some ewoks.

15. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I think I know why.Because they suck as Warriors and yet they beat 1,000 of the Empires finest Stormtroopers.People would have rather seen Kashyyyk as the planet Return of th Jedi focused on and watch a bunch of Wookies fighting the Empire.

16. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    ROTJ really turned into a kiddie film with the additions of the ewoks. Instead of focusing on the major conflict with the Empire, ROTJ goes into a little sub-plot about the Ewok tribe which no one cares about.

TPM suffered from some similiar kiddie elements.

That's why ANH, ESB, and AOTC are usually the top 3 favorites among fans.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    People would have rather seen Kashyyyk as the planet Return of th Jedi focused on and watch a bunch of Wookies fighting the Empire.

Yes except that wouldn't have exactly worked now would it? Wookies are highly adaptable and techno-savvy. That's why the ewoks were created... and it would've cost too much to make a ton of Wookie costumes.

I love the Ewoks. They are adorable. For years I loved ROTJ because I loved the Ewoks. Now I love it for the Luke/Vader conflict/redemption.

18. GuriGal

GuriGal Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2002
    I love the Ewoks, they are so cute and besides without them how would a tiny team of Rebels been able to beat the stormtroopers on Endor?

19. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    So, it seems the only real way to defend Ewoks in here is to say "they're cute". That's not much of a defense. I bet the chicks in the Manson family thought ol' Chuck Manson was "cute".

Why don't I like the Ewoks?

1. Cute/cuddly obvious merchandising ploy.
    2. Teddy-bears with sticks defeat Emperor's "best troops" that probably helped to wipe out the Jedi order???!!!
    3. Eyes don't blink, mouths don't really move, and I think I saw a zipper or two.
    4. Lucas exploits the little people again!
    5. Wookies ripping Stormtrooper's arms out of their sockets would've been waaaay cooler!

:D

20. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
    The only reason SOME people would dislike the Ewoks are that they are "childish".

Though, there were probally more fans than haters... Just look at the Ewok Cartoons and movies!

21. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I love the ewoks!

And I HATE the part when the one ewok gets shot and dies. Always made me cry when I was little. :_|

I think the ewoks are cute, and at a lot of humor. :) And their little war cries and words and everything are so adorable!

I DO however think it is extrememly stupid that the Ewok tribe is able to defeat soooo many storm troopers/scout troopers with spears, rocks, logs, and such. Their only istory with fighting would be with the native creatures on The forrest moon, right? How ever to they manage to even get enough courage to fight AT-STs???

It compelte demeans the storm troopers even further. I mean, we thought they were dumb in ANH and ESB, but give me a break. sigh. oh, well. That is my only complaint about the ewoks.

Meechoo che donno moktok.

Yeha

22. Scout_Trooper

Scout_Trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    The Ewoks don't bother me, and they didn't ruin ROTJ. It's pretty hypocritical of people to bash them because their cute. Like the Jawas and Yoda aren't cute-looking? The Ewoks didn't turn ROTJ into a kid's film. Every SW film has elements for both kids and adults.

And I really get tired of hearing people saying that the Ewoks are marketing toys, Lucas just simply wanted to introduce something new to the series.

23. Maladour-Fei

Maladour-Fei Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    They might look cute but those small beasts planned on eating the heros....including R2 (I can't imagine how he would taste... not even if barbacued)

24. Minigo Varay

Minigo Varay Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2000
    "Like the Jawas and Yoda aren't cute-looking?"

You've got a very good point there.

I love the ewoks. I don't think there cute though but cool. Just as the jawas are cool. And Yoda.

All their gadgets that make the imperials die are ingenious I think. And a planet full of growling wookies may have been silly to see on screen, I don't know. This made it more exciting.

But the scene with the dying ewok was a little too much I think. Why didn't they do a long scene when one of the rebels die in the beginning of ANH? Well, because that would have been silly of course so why did they do this scene? Beats me. Probably because most people think they're cute and associate them with children and therefore care a lot more for one of them than one of the rebel soldiers.......or something.

I don't know, I'm just happy to be here.

25. Darth_Envy

Darth_Envy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 20, 2002
    The reason people don't like the Ewoks is specifically because they are cute, sweet and cuddly. There is no way that the ewoks should ever have beaten storm troopers. The gungans only won against droid troops because of an accidental shot by a cutesy kid, and they had weapons and energy shields. The ewok victory was a little too far fetched, so there is much hatred toward them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.