main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Ebay sucks

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Lewis_Black, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2002
    1. You get charged the cost of the item plus a "finder's" fee plus a miscellaneous (the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars) 500% markup, special shipping and "handling" charges (which can mean anything from taping up a box tighter to fascilitate proper shipping to taking an extra bong rip right before going to the post office and realizing it had closed and saying, "screw it" and do it upon sobering up in the morning.

Continue the list for me.

2. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I have both good and bad stories of ebay.
    I will tell them later when I have time

3. waden

waden Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2001
    I don't mind ebay. When i lived 2 hours from the nearest retail store where i could purchase the episode I toys, ebay was a valuable asset. I bought almost all the figures on ebay, paying about the same as it would have cost me to drive to get them. I also found a lot of older rare items reasonably priced. I haven't used the service in over a year, but it was good to me then.

4. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    I have bought off e-Bay several times and have never had a problem.

Check out Yahoo Auctions, I have bought off there A LOT and its far cheaper than buying off e-Bay

5. TuskenRaiderone

TuskenRaiderone Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    Hey Lewis_Black,
    Your post is the funniest ****ing post Ive ever read reguarding "We-Pay" AKA. Ebay. And I totally agree I would never even consider buying off that site. If I was searching for something id (MAYBE) use yahoo auctions, but realistically I'll probably never use them either.

Im originally from Denver, but I live in Phoenix right now. this is the first time visiting the Denver FF forum, Ive mostly been checking out the Phoenix and San Francisco Chapters. Its pretty cool to come across a funny @ss post like this one, And wouldnt ya know its from the D-town FF forum!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.