main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why not 21-25?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LordPeril, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordPeril

LordPeril Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    Okay. Can someone please tell me what I'm missing. I have the Clone Wars DVD with chapters 1-20 but why aren't chapters 21-25 on there if that's the reast of the season? Am I right tough? The third season is going to take place at some point between any of the 25 chapters (which is so stinkin stupid- go KOTOR Cartoon!) but why not wait and release the volume one DVD with 21-25? Is it another of Lucas' plots to waste our money so we have to go out and by the "revised volume one DVD" with chapters 1-25 all together?

I just don't get it. And does anyone know when that 3 hour clone wars deal that aired a month or so ago will be airing again? That's 1-25 right? In any event, I missed 21-25. I know this is a lot of questions but someone please show me the light...

2. Green_Lightning

Green_Lightning Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    I believe chapters 21-25 made up the second season and are "Volume 2." I heard a rumor that Volume 2 will be released on dvd around the time of Episode III's dvd release in November.

3. LordPeril

LordPeril Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    So chapters 21-25 are longer than a couple minutes each? Or are they the same as the others?

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Chapters 21-25 were about twelve to fifteen minutes long, so combined they ran for about an hour, roughly equal to the combined length of the original 20, shorter, chapters.

5. LordPeril

LordPeril Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    Oh. That's cool then. Does anyone know what nights of the week and what time season 3 will be airing and how long each episode will be?

6. Green_Lightning

Green_Lightning Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    I don't think any of that has been announced yet.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    "season 3" (not sure if they'll call it that since it'll basicly be a different show) hasn't had much detail revealed about itself.

What we know:

-All CGI animation
    -Half-hour-long episodes
    -Showrunners have requested copies of all Clone Wars material for purposes of either integrating comic/novel/game elements or avoiding contradiction/repetition with them.

8. master_ghost

master_ghost Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    I just taped 1-25 when they had a marathon on Cartoon Network

9. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    If I'm not mistaken, episodes 21-25 were considered "season 3" (but were "Volume 2").

1-10 was "Season 1", 11-20 was "Season 2", and 1-20 makes up "Volume 1".

10. LordPeril

LordPeril Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    That marathon you mentioned on cartoon network, any idea when it'll be on again. The Star Wars website is so out of date they go all the way back to march or something.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, Cartoon Network artificially broke up the first season/volume of episodes into two seasons (10 chapters each), but it was still one season (thus why the credits only role after chapter 20 and not also 10).

12. vacantlook

vacantlook Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2004
    The official site contradicts your statement. Homing Beacon #105 - Clone Wars Season 2 Voices states "With the second season of ten episodes coming this month, here's a look at some of the new vocal talents and characters to be featured." It then proceeds to list the actors and the characters that they would be playing in season two, and it's all stuff from episodes 11-20. With the official site putting it as being the second season, I have trouble believing that the seperation of the 20 episodes into two seasons of ten was something that the Cartoon Network did on their own without approval from the heads of SW.

13. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Season 1 (1-10 and season 2 (11-20)= Volume 1
    Season 3 (21-25)= Volume 2

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The Official Site was just matching Cartoon Network's airing schedule and spotlighting the content of the chapters airing in "season 2". Go back and find the original announcement about the series and they'll state it would be 20 chapters long.

When they decided to do another real season, they implemented the whole Volume I/Volume II naming scheme to correct the problem and avoid confusion.

15. vacantlook

Mar 28, 2004
    Well, until season three was done, the SERIES was 20 chapters long; it just happens to be divided into two seasons of ten episodes each. ;)

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, it was before they even considered it being divided into seasons, since it was intended to be a single micro-series ;)

17. JediStarKiller

JediStarKiller Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    Very strange and confusing this is.

But very good and awesome is clone wars.

18. DINVADER99

DINVADER99 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2004
    I am confused, what was the last chapter made to date? The last one I saw Anakin was shirtless and tatooed confronting these bunch of creatures and then it ended as if there were more to come.

19. vacantlook

Mar 28, 2004
    Sounds like the last episode you saw was Chapter 24. So that would mean that you missed Chapter 25, which does resolve Anakin's quest to find and save the Nelvan warriors, as well as Shaak Ti's attempt to protect Palpatine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.