main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prairie Winnipeg Based Fan Film!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Paxton_Tremane, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paxton_Tremane

Paxton_Tremane Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    ATTENTION ALL STAR WARS FANS!!!

[color=red][b]STAR WARS: The Evil Within[/b][/color], a Winnipeg based Fanfilm is nearing the production stage. If you are interested being in a Star Wars Fanfilm or helping with the behind-the-scenes aspects of the film making process and live in (near) the Winnipeg Area, we are having [color=red]Production Meetings every Sunday @ 2:00pm at The Twilight Zone (2791 Pembina Highway).[/color]

[i]We start shooting March 2nd so come out and sign up A.S.A.P![/i]

[hr]

For more information, or to commit to this project please email us at:
    [hl=yellow][b]fanfilm_winnipeg@hotmail.com[/b][/hl]

[hr]

2. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    i'm near Regina Sask. :(. i'd be interested in the film if i was manitoba.

3. Paxton_Tremane

May 10, 2002
    To Darth-Shwartz:

I'm very sorry to hear that, but if we get a budget and can travel to Regina I will let you know!

Just to let everyone know that our first 2 shooting weekends for [color=red][b]STAR WARS: The Evil Within[/b][/color] went [b]AWESOME[/b]. Special thanks to everyone who came and helped out!

We still have much more to shoot and plenty of opportunities for Star Wars fans to get involved.

For more information you can email us at:
    [hl=yellow]fanfilm_winnipeg@hotmail.com[/hl]

OR come and see us every Sunday at:
    [link=http://www.twilightzone.ca]THE TWILIGHT ZONE[/link]
    2791 Pembina Highway
    (2 mins South of the U of M entrance)
    @ 2:00pm

[hr]
    Also keep checking this forum for the [color=red][b]STAR WARS: The Evil Within[/b][/color] [b]OFFICIAL WEBSITE[/b] address, coming soon...

4. Basemonger

Basemonger Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2003
    You could always ask the MSWG for help; they have the people, the budget, and two fan films to their credit. Their also involved in an international SW fan film effort.

I think they're in the middle of the story boards for a trailer and discussions on a commercial.

5. Paxton_Tremane

May 10, 2002
    VERY IMPORTANT MEETING

This coming Sunday March 16th at 2:00pm we are having a very important meeting concerning the Winnipeg Based Fanfilm...

STAR WARS: The Evil Within

The meeting will be held at The Twilght Zone, 2791 Pembina Highway (2mins South of The U of M Entrance)

At this meeting we will be discussing timeframes for shooting, locations, casting issues and basically anything we need to.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!! ALL ARE WELCOME!!!

for more information, please contact us at:
    fanfilm_winnipeg@hotmail.com

[i]To Basemonger:

Thank you for your suggestion, but we have previously contacted the Guild concerning this project.[/i]

6. Paxton_Tremane

May 10, 2002
    CASTING CALL - FEATURE LENGTH STAR WARS FAN FILM

THE EVIL WITHIN is a STAR WARS Fan Film being made as a collaborative effort here in Winnipeg by several talented individuals as their first foray into filmmaking. This is a strictly volunteer project, but the finished product shall be used by the participants to showcase their talents for future endeavours.

THE EVIL WITHIN is being made as a big budget special effects blockbuster, without the big budget. As such there are 44 speaking roles and a multitude of extras needed to fill the huge scenes. The time commitment is minimal due to the voluntary nature of this project, but committed individuals should be available on Sundays for rehearsals and filming. Those interested in principal roles should also be available for Saturday Fight Training sessions.

[b]CALL LOCATION:
    Losey Studio, Black Hole Theatre
    University College (Basement)
    University of Manitoba
    Sunday June 8, 2003
    [hl=yellow]3:00 PM[/hl][/b]

[hr]

[i]A MULTITUDE OF ROLES AVAILABLE
    BOTH MALE AND FEMALE, ALL AGES WELCOME[/i]

If you cannot make it to this casting call, but are still interested in participating
    contact the Casting Director:
    [b]Edgar Governo[/b]
    [link=mailto:arphaxad@mts.net]arphaxad@mts.net[/link]

***Photos and acting résumé encouraged but optional***
    ***Prepared audition scene optional***

7. BoyProdigy

BoyProdigy Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    I wouldn't mind helping with the project! I have 2 year experience with making short movies. The last movie I worked on was a French movie called L'Aquriam, It took viewers choice in "le Festival des Vidéastes du Manitoba" (http://fvmvideo.com/). I have also made 2 claymation movies. I can act and can do post-production editing.

8. Paxton_Tremane

May 10, 2002
    OUR WEBSITE IS ONLINE!!!

STAR WARS: The Evil Within

The [color=red]44 speaking roles[/color] have been cast but we still need [i]extras[/i] and of course....

[b]CREW!!![/b]

So if you live in Winnipeg and would like to help out with the production, please [link=mailto:clayton@theevilwithin.com]email[/link] me!

[hr]

[b][u]UPCOMING MEETINGS[/u][/b]

Sunday July 20th - Video Pool Studio
    [color=red]***CANCELLED: Sunday July 27th - Artspace Board Room :CANCELLED***[/color]
    Sunday August 3rd - Winnipeg Film Group Studio
    Sunday August 10th - Winnipeg Film Group Studio
    Sunday August 17th - Winnipeg Film Group Studio
    Sunday August 24th - Winnipeg Film Group Studio
    Sunday August 31th - Winnipeg Film Group Studio

Both the Video Pool Studio and The Winnipeg Film Group Studio are located on the Third Floor of the Artspace Building (100 Arthur Street)

[hr]

So please check the website often for more information on the Fan Film and for all the Behind The Scenes stuff we are going to keep posting while we make the film! Hope you guys enjoy it!

9. Paxton_Tremane

May 10, 2002
    CASTING CALL - FEATURE LENGTH STAR WARS FAN FILM

THE EVIL WITHIN is a feature length Star Wars fan film being made as a collaborative effort here in Winnipeg by several talented individuals as their first foray into filmmaking. This is a strictly volunteer project, but the finished product shall be used by the participants to showcase their talents for future endeavours.

THE EVIL WITHIN is being made as a big budget special effects blockbuster, without the big budget. As such there are several speaking roles available. The time commitment is minimal due to the voluntary nature of this project, but committed individuals must be available on Sundays for rehearsals and filming.

THE EVIL WITHIN also has several principal roles available. Those individuals interested in a principal role must also be available Saturday afternoons for Fight Training sessions. These sessions include Sword and hand-to-hand combat training with Sensei Eugene Starr of Starr Jiu-Jitsu Inc.

CALL LOCATION:
    Saan Studio, Prairie Theatre Exchange
    3rd Floor, Portage Place
    Unit Y300, 393 Portage Avenue
    Sunday January 11th, 2004
    12:00PM - 5:00 PM

AUDITIONS ARE ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS
    A MULTITUDE OF ROLES AVAILABLE
    BOTH MALE AND FEMALE, ALL AGES WELCOME

If you cannot make it to this casting call, but are still interested in participating contact the Casting Director, Edgar Governo at edgar@theevilwithin.com. Photos and acting résumé encouraged but not required. Prepared audition scene also optional.

** Of course this is open to current cast members who may want to improve their standing within the film. They too may audition for one of the open principal roles but they will not be given priority during the call times and auditioning does not guarantee a better role in the film. **

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.