main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

With less than a week left, I'd like to give you all a big thank you!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by That_Wascally_Droid, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Word. Just word.
    I'm feeling all sad now :( but it's true that here we've always had nice and great discussion. :) Too bad we didn't have enough material sometimes... :p

I used to go to the 3SA at the time when spoilers weren't there yet and it's true that it's better around here. At the time it was already filled with crazy clone theories and people bashing left and right. I can't even guess what it must be like now... :eek:

So thank you, the mods, everyone for making this sort of haven. :)

*sighs* Can't we keep it even after ROTS? [face_puppydog_eyes]

Oh well, at least it will last a little bit after the ROTS opening... :)

2. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Man Wascally Droid just totally stole a thread I was gonna make on May 18th.

3. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    What is the 'Memories' thread that you speak of?

Well... none right now :p
    Hopefully one r two will start :p

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    We could sing that memories song from CATS.

I've said it many times, you are the most talented forum I have ever seen.

It's been a real pleasure to talk with you all, I wish I could have met you in the "real world".

I'm not actually as cool as I seem. 8-}

We'll have a month to gush over ROTS as a community, then we get engulfed in the black hole that is 3SA.

Thanks again for the conversation and laughs, you guys really helped me keep the stress down at a stressful time in my life, AND I got to discuss SW as much as I wanted. :D

God bless.

5. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    For the past five years, I have considered this place my home (board). I've come and gone, but it has always been here. It's been a comfort zone. Occassionally, you venture out into the other boards, but you always come back here. I cannot believe that it's all about to end. We won't have our little community that we've become so used to. I think I've take this place for granted.

You people, for the most part ( ;) ) rock. Thanks to the mods and everyone else. :)

:(

6. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    It doesn't have to end.

I mean, even after ROTS comes out, won't we all need a place to take refuge from the spoliers about whatever TV Series are going to be produced?

7. menttality

menttality Jedi Master

May 26, 2002
    I would like to express my thanks to this forum and all that respectfully post their thoughts, theories, and dreams. As a lurker for the past 3 years (I've literally posted less then two dozen times) I have been able to watch great discussion and get a lot out of it.

Not being spoiled is excellent, but having a forum where people can discuss without fear of being spoiled is a dream come true. Thank you.

8. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    This is by far my favorite thread on the JC. Even though I've only been here in 3NS since...September (maybe?), I've thoroughly enjoyed the speculation, conversation, and compansionship that goes on in here. I may not post too much and am definitely not one of the most popular posters, but I love logging into the JC and reading all of the new topics in here. I'm definitely going to miss this place once it merges to become the Revenge of the Sith forum. I hope to see you all there. :)

9. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Yeah this has definitely been a fun ride, and I'm glad I got to spend it with all of you! I was a longtime lurker in the 3SA, but once things got to be too much, I came here. You guys have been the best, and it wasn't until I came here that I became a regular poster because you are all just so nice here! It's been fun :)

10. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Aww.. this is so sweet. I feel like [:D] everyone!!

I had all but given up on the JC until this forum really started kicking after principal photography ended, nearly 2 years ago (wow, I can't believe it's been that long). And now I love this place! It actually got me through grad school!

I've often felt like Dustin's Deputy and I'm only sorry I couldn't do more for our great forum! :) May our little group bring some sanity and compassion back to the 3SA.

11. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I know I'll be looking for threads started by 3NS members in the ROTS forum. ;)

Amanda I actually swore you in as my deputy once, didn't I? [face_cowboy]

12. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Yo since I was gonna make a thread similar to this May 18th I'll say what I wanted to say in that thread.

Everyone here has pretty much made me feel at home here. I registered on July of 04 first for EU. I was then allowed here in August of 04. Where noobs were not in high regard in other forums I was welcomed with open arms here. This truly is my favorite place on the boards and I will be sad when the time comes to be merged. These are some people who have ment something to me here.

Mace Windy, Garth and Stinrab- You guys have truly done an awesome job in moderating this forum. Garth who gave up his own spoiler freeness to make this a better place shows how great this place is. Windy my local boy has always done a great job. What forum has only had 1 troll and has a thread of the week contest. Mad props to you guys.

Emporer_Windu and Ghost Jedi- Man you two have just been awesome between here, the jedi draft and the jedi trials its just been great getting to be with you guys and I hope to see you in future drafts.

Rogue Wookie- Between here and Lit its always been great to hear what you have to say and I respect you man.

Captain Typho, Fingorfin, RebelScum77, StormCloud8, DamonD, hew- Its a shame Typho won't be here to be with us after ROTS comes out but I hope to see you soon man. You guys like me are cantina regulars. We've really had some great times here. Props to Fingorfin for starting the cantina, props to RebelScum for being the women of the cantina and props to StormCloud who has always been fun to talk to as had Damon. Hew has always had great insight as well. When we merge we really need to have the 3NS cantina. This thread has always been my favorite place just to chill at.

Wascally Droid- Glad you came over from 3SA and for starting this thread where I can reflect on how great this place has been.

NorCalBirdz- Thanks for keeping my 100 things threads alive.

I know there are many other people here who I may have forgotten but everyone here has just been great so I propose a toast.

*raises glass*

To all of us who have stayed spoiler free till epsiode III and how it will pay off come May 19th. Pops bottle of champagne, let's party up! :D

13. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    I'm wearing the cowboy hat and badge as we speak, Dustin. [face_cowboy]

14. Spare_Parts

Spare_Parts Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    I?d also like to say thanks to all forum members and the mods. I?m a lurker and not a hardcore fan but I enjoyed reading people's ideas and intermittently throwing my 2 cents in. Looking forward to reading everyone?s reactions post ROTS.

15. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    :(

I'll miss this place. And I'll miss all the people who post here. And I'll miss fandom. Life will have no more meaning for me once Star Wars ends!! :_| :_|

If I may, I'd like to give a quick shout and thank you to jp-30

It's called a shout out, Josh. We really need to work on your urban lingo. ;)

16. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Thanks KEVIN... I haven't been around much lately, but I hope I entertained you boys a bit. ;)

17. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    This sounds stupid, but I actually know most of you by your avatar rather than your name, so it's hard for me to address you guys, but here's what I can gather.

GarthMaul--Simply a phenomonal job the past couple of weeks on "spoiler partrol". On forums everyone wants to be a mod, but here I definitely didn't envy your job. Hell of a job well done though. Just the past few days it seems like you've sifted through hundreds of ROTS reviews and edited them so we could enjoy them.

MaceWindy--Seems like you took a back seat the past month or so, but
    1. You admitted me into the forum
    2. You're an Eagles fan
    So you'll always be the man

RogueWookiee--You know how sometimes there are just certain members you can't seem to avoid? You're one of them. It seems like every thread I go into whether it's here or Literature I see you around. You're probably like "Huh?" since I generally only lurk in Lit, but I've enjoyed reading your opinions.

Grand_Moff_Kevin- Your "100 things" threads were so awesome that I had to copy the idea. Thanks.

JediPrincessKas--If nothing else I've enjoyed drooling everytime I see your avatar :p

I'm gonna miss this forum :(

18. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Well I'm glad I went through with this thread! I almost chickened out cause I never have luck with em! lol

19. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Thanks to everybody for making this the forum I visit first and most often. Whether it's complaining about Knollvision, listing 100 things of some common theme, or speculating wildly (or not-so-wildly), it's always enjoyable to read these posts (and when I actually do post, participating in them). Everyone here is respectful of other opinions, and whether we like or dislike something, we're not afraid to say it because someone will flame us for it. In the few glimpses of 3SA I've visited, it seems like you have the crowd that finds fault in everything and sees every new item as "more proof ROTS will suck", and then you have their counterparts, who if you call something anything less than perfect means you hate Lucas and CG and the prequels and Star Wars and Jesus. Here, if you like something you say it; if you don't, you say it. Either way, someone will be glad to discuss it with you, whether they agree or disagree.

I won't be the same when 3SA becomes the just plain ROTS forum. It will probably still be enjoyable; I signed on right after AOTC came out, so my first exposure was to the newly formed AOTC forum, which I recall was quite a bit of fun. But along with that will be the billion threads of "FAVORITE CHARACTER/LINE/SPACESHIP???" and "I FOUND A PLOT HOLE!!1" and "I LIEK OB1". And of course the basher/gusher wars.

So until then, thanks to everyone: the current mods who uphold this place to its high standards, the former mods who made it into what it is, the administrators who set about making it private, and all the posters who fill it with such wonderful discussion.

20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I'm probably the more visible presence around here right now, but Mace doesn't get the credit he deserves.

He has to screen EVERY single person who wants 3NS access - and he takes it seriously. No one who seems like they would "slip up" and accidentally spoil somebody is let in. I can't really get into the exact process, but he takes time to ensure 3NS gets only the best members. He also takes care of all the boring stuff and technical problems that I know nothing about.

He's been a great influence on me and how to properly moderate a forum, PARTICULARLY when it comes to keeping things interesting in our forum. Thanks, Windy, I've enjoyed the last several years, and especially since I've been a moderator here.

You all should be very proud of yourselves. In our attention-deficit-disorder, instant-gratification society, you have shown the patience and maturity to realize that Opening Night will be even more enjoyable if you don't know what's going to happen next. You also understand and respect differences of opinion, and why a piece of information can be extremely exciting to one person and a huge spoiler to another.

I admire especially the HCSF people who wouldn't even watch the teaser trailer or see any photos from the film.

Cheers, 3NS: As my partner said, you are the ones that make this forum work the way it does.

21. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    //Group hug :p

22. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Four more days.... Hoooo!
    Well technically three as I count it opening on Wednesday :p Plus, Wednesday will be the all-day line-up at my theatre which I sadly can't wait for! lol
    It's always such an intense event for big movies :)
    If this place will be open for nearly a month afterwards, I do hope to be doing most of my more casual-friendly discussing in here which people who I can honestly see truly love these movies :)

Mace Windy? He's good no matter what forum he's moderating! lol
    When the forums merge once and for all ( :_| ), I hope you mod-types realize that we'll always be glad to have mods of your calibure working the RotS grounds! :)

23. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Props to Fingorfin for starting the cantina, props to RebelScum for being the women of the cantina and props to StormCloud who has always been fun to talk to as had Damon.

Aww...outside of kind-hearted Mods and the FIGS guys, that's the first time I've had someone compliment me. You rock too :D

It's been a lot of fun here. I've lurked a lot more than I've posted, although I've really stepped up my posting up again to my previous levels in the last month. But I've always felt safe here.

I admire especially the HCSF people who wouldn't even watch the teaser trailer or see any photos from the film.

I've seen the teaser...and photos...guess he doesn't admire me :p

24. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Well for what it's worth, I miss you in the CT, Damon :p
    NOt that the current mods aren't good :) They do their job well. But you were my go-to guy lol

25. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I echo every sentiment stated above. This is just about the ONLY online place I've ever posted in or been a part of. Unlike the spoiler forum, which I've just recently had a taste of, I actually know who the regulars are here, as well as those who come and go from time to time. When I post a comment, I'm always interested in the perspective of everyone else. There isn't any sort of nasty competiveness or animosity in here. Frankly...who cares if your post is on the first page of a thread if you don't have anything to say?

The point of this forum is to TALK and it's been great. We have 100 different opinions in here, and I love to hear all of them. Many of the things you have all said have changed my entire perspective on the Star Wars saga, and for that I thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.