main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wizard World Atlanta 2006!

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by theBluePhoenix, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    For those who live in Atlanta or the South-East, this is a big deal. Wizard World cons are much more comic book oriented but there?s always a good turnout of Star Wars fans in costume.

Click on me!

2. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    Sorry to break it to you:

SHAMUS: NO WW: ATLANTA IN 06
    It?s finally over. The story that wouldn?t die this afternoon died when the fansite Comic Geek Speak spoke with Wizard Entertainment Group Chairman Gareb Shamus. In an interview that ranged over the history of Wizard, editorial policy, and Shamus own fan moments in comics, as well as his favorites, the company?s growing convention schedule was discussed.

Speaking of Wizard's convention plans, Shamus said, "There will not be a show from us in Atlanta in '06." Shamus added that Wizard is looking at the location for an '07 show. This of course, leaves Charlotte's HeroesCon as the only convention occuring the weekend of June 30-July 2nd, 2006.

Contacted by Newsarama, creator Cully Hamner, who'd taken a position against a WizardWorld show being held the same weekend as HeroesCon said: "I think it's probably the best move that Wizard could have made, given the circumstances. This gives them the chance to let the dust settle, and choose a less aggressive date for '07 (hopefully, the spring; there's a big hole there that's begging for a great comics show). All along, I've said that a Wizard World Atlanta would be a great idea. I still think so, and hope that Wizard finds an open weekend and comes to town in 2007."

Wizard shot itself in the foot by schedualing the show the sam weekend as Heros Con...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.