main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY WNY Toy, Comic Book & Collectible Show - North Tonawanda - Oct 15, 2011

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by OP-Antique-Mall_W17, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP-Antique-Mall_W17

OP-Antique-Mall_W17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2011
    Address: 950 Payne Ave, North Tonawanda NY 14120
    Date: Saturday Oct 15, 2011
    Time: 10am - 4pm

At our last meeting, this event was briefly mentioned, but we didn?t talk a lot about it. Last Sunday I was set up at port of entry (a local flea market hosted twice a year) and I ran into the person who?s in charge of this show. He was asking me about the event in October because he knows I?m also a North Ridge member.

I told him I?m not in a position where I can speak on behalf of the group, but I can pass his questions and concerns onto the other members. He said that he already started planning advertisements, and he can?t mention our presence at the event until he hears back from us. He loves having the North Ridge there and would appreciate if we can let him know as soon as possible. I don?t know who is taking lead on this, but I do have the contact number if you guys need it.

:cool:

2. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    I think our appearance at this event will depend entirely on if Buffalo Comics Fest is still set on October 15. Of the two, Comics Fest is the larger event with more people and more active participation on our part.

3. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    On a side note, assuming the organizing parties wanted to do so, it might be cool if the show moved to the library as a part of Comics Fest....

4. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002

Excellent idea!

Yes we are confirmed for Comics Fest on this day already

5. OP-Antique-Mall_W17

Jan 9, 2011
    That?s a good idea, but it might not be possible if he already started planning advertisements. Maybe someone should contact him just to let him know we are confirmed for the other event. Unless you guys think the date for comic fest might still change.

6. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    If the ads haven't been implemented yet, then it would still be enough time to change what would be needed. Both events would surely benefit from getting their respective audiences to cross-pollinate and draw a bigger crowd by joining together, considering last year's BCF had no vendor aspect to speak of. If they were on the same day and separate, they would just be competing for similar demographics.

It's worth bringing up to both parties (soon), at least.

7. OP-Antique-Mall_W17

Jan 9, 2011
    Yeah you?re right about them both competing for similar demographics. I know he has sent out forms and started collecting from vendors, but its still early. I haven?t been to the library comic show before, so I don?t know anything about that event.

Please Let me know if you need the contact information I have for this event. Thanks

8. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    If it's the same guy that ran it last year, I work with his son. I can run this idea past him to then talk to his father about the idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.