main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Wolfson Children Hospital Visit

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TK1162, Dec 1, 2005.

?

Wolfson Children Hospital Visit

Poll closed Dec 16, 2005.
  1. Yes, Sounds like a good date for it

100.0%
  2. No, that date doesn't work for me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Leia, can you bring them to Jamison in your neighborhood? He said he was coming. If not, we have about 4 or 5 coloring books here we can copy for that.

2. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    I can try to get with him sometime next week - I am swamped at work this week and weekend. I have a bunch of them left from the RMH event.

3. tokkk3n

tokkk3n Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2005
    hey this is jamison, just give me a call if you need to drop off anything for the event. 814-7682

4. tokkk3n

tokkk3n Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2005
    Anakin/padme, any chance you downloaded any pics from the moe's event???? just wondering
    jhorcher@se.rr.com

5. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Hey there! I have the Moe's pics. I need to download PSP8.0 again today so I can make them smaller and stuff. The files are HUGE! I will get it done today for you and post a link here so you can get to them.

6. TK1162

TK1162 Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2005
    Wolfson has cut the time from 4 to 2 hours, so the event is now from 12:00 to 2:00. Please try to arrive at 11:30, preferably not in costume (this is to be a bit of a suprise to the kids), on the 1st floor of Wolfson. We are being provided 2 rooms to store our belongings.
    Please keep in mind some of the children have allergies so please refrain from wearing strong perfumes or aftershaves.
    We will have a poloroid camera for pictures with the children. Wolfson's policy is no other pictures with the children without written consent from the childs parents.
    They have also requested no children under 12 attend without an adult who is not in costume.
    Also keep in mind that this will be a mobile event so anything you wish to bring will have to be carried by you throughout the hospital.
    Lets make a great first impression on them.
    Arthur

7. Droid-Master

Droid-Master Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    looking forward to it. I will not be in costume so if anyone needs help carying things please let me know.

i have lots of toys that people from my work have donated, so i will have those. Are we meeting up so place before?

8. REDEYEE

REDEYEE Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2005
    Great...we will need someone to take pictures if you don't mind. I'm sure that the majority of us will be bringing our own camras and we will need some people to take shots for us...hard to do for those of us that have buckets on our heads.

9. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    heh heh,im 12 now :p

cant wait,hey is burlap material ok?

10. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Are we meeting somewhere before the event. i.e. 1st floor, ect.

11. REDEYEE

REDEYEE Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2005
    I will be there around 11:00 lookng for you guys. Louis, are you wearing clone?

12. Droid-Master

May 2, 2005
    See you at 11am

13. cha0s73

cha0s73 Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2005
    Anyone have the address? I have no idea where it is.....

14. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Been there a few times
    I even mapquested it
    Take the San Marco exit off I-95, left on Palm, then left on Prudential. Baptist Medical Center Jax is on the left. Wolfson's is right next to Baptist . You really can't miss it. You can see it from the Fuller Warren Bridge. The zip is 32207
    Arthur, please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this

15. TK1162

TK1162 Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2005
    First off, I?d like to thank all of those who attended this event; you are the ones who made it the success it was. A special thanks to those who traveled from both Orlando and Tallahassee to make a special memory for a sick child.
    We had roughly 25 people from the 501st Legion, Rebel Legion, and the First Coast Jedi Knights chapter of the Fan Force in attendance for this visit and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. The children appeared to really get a kick out of being visited by us.
    Arthur

16. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    What a memorable event, to bring a smile to a child's face

17. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I had a great time, Thanks to everybody that attended to this event, I'm sure we made an impresion to the kids and brought up a lot of smiles on them. Thank you guys and gals from the 501st and Rebel Legion for traveling from far away to make this possible. Arthur, again thanks for everything and for making this possible.

18. REDEYEE

REDEYEE Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2005
    Outstanding! Thanks to everyone who attended. The turnout was incredible!

19. ObiWanAmanda

ObiWanAmanda Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    :_| I'm sorry I didnt get to be there with everyone. My computer has been on the blink and I had to come to Panama City this weekend to my Uncle's computer shop to get it fixed. I pray I will make it to the next event with everyone.

20. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    What a grand affair! My daughter, whose first troop it was, went through the ritualistic post troop withdrawal. It was abject misery being on my best behavior.
    Art.. wow brother... you really made this thing happen. It was phenominal.

21. Droid-Master

May 2, 2005
    I droped the photos off on sun and they said to tell everyone THANK YOU SO MUCH, the kids talked about it all day.

I will be posting all the photos on Wed so you can download them.

And it was great meeting you all again and sort of trooping with you all for the first time (need to make a mask with no latex for the next time).

22. cha0s73

cha0s73 Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2005
    I had a great time at the event..Sorry I couldnt make it to lunch....

23. cha0s73

cha0s73 Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2005
    Pictures! Pictures! Where are the pictures???????? :)

24. Droid-Master

May 2, 2005
    sorry guys I have been working 3 days straight. I should be able to go home tonight and get the picts for yea.

25. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    A BIG thanks to you for taking all those photos!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.