main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wolverine: Origins - leaked!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Benny_Blanco, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benny_Blanco

Benny_Blanco Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002
    I`m sure quite a few people on here have read all about the leaked copy of Wolverine: Origins which is doing the rounds on the internet - even the FBI are now involved! Apparently the leaked copy isn`t anywhere near the finished article, it`s missing quite a bit of music and SFX - you can still see green screens, wires attached to the actors etc in a lot of the scenes!

I just wondered what people`s opinions are on here about the whole thing - personally I wouldn`t even consider watching it, I reckon it would spoil the whole experience of seeing the complete film (and it`s one I`m REALLY looking forward to) - but I`ve read comments on other sites where fans see it as a kind of amusing, unique curio.

Thoughts?

2. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    It's certainly a disaster for the film company...

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I pretty much never watch movies when they leak but a friend of mine pressured me into watching it with him on his laptop at school today. :p We only got to see the first hour or so. Unfinished CGI/effects aside, I can't say I was too impressed with what I saw. Apparently it's not the final cut but I don't think I'll be seeing it in theatres.

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I doubt it will hurt or help ticket sales. Aside from this there is next to nothing in terms of a stand out popcorn blockbuster.

5. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

Someone in the editing/post-production chain is going to be in a very great deal of trouble. That ol' phrase, "you'll never work in this town again" can have a completely new meaning when you've been tucked away in prison.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, seriously- the guy is not only certain to never get another job in the post-production/film buisness, but he'll be doing some heavy jail time, or at least a massive fine.

It may hurt the film's opening a little- as people who've been on the bubble due to how much X3 sucked may be convinced either by the leaked print or subsequent bad word of mouth to not see it in theaters.

Of course, the missing 15 minutes or reshoots and remaining scenes and finished music could change how the film is perceived (hell, even X3 could have been salvageable with another 10-15 minutes of reshoots), which would just further how the leak harmed the film

7. Benny_Blanco

Benny_Blanco Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002
    From what I`ve read, a few people said the film looked pretty impressive, even without the missing stuff. It`s meant to be pretty dark, by all accounts. Glad I`ve not watched it though, so I`ll fully appreciate it once it comes to the cinema.

8. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    You talked to the wrong people.

This movie is terrible from all accounts.

9. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Of course it is. They caved to the fanboys and threw Gambit in it. Even though he has absolutely nothing to do with Wolverine's backstory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.