main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA WONDERCON 2008 - Feb. 22 - 24

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    im not going to the BSG panel either so i can fill in 2-3 with rachel.

2. Red_Mandalorian7887

Red_Mandalorian7887 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    I can take any of the slots with Matt, Lou and Dennis. On Friday,,Or all 3 if need be, just let me know. I wont know to be there unless its posted here, or if someone calls me.

3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I will be working at the RL table from 5-6pm on Sat. I don't know whether it is realistic to cover both tables at once - I haven't seen the setup yet - but if it is feasible then I will try to cover the SFFF table as well for this time if it turns out noone else is available.

Does everyone have a cellphone? If someone doesn't have one, it might make it hard for them to call. :)

I've got my schedule spreadsheet written up, and just have to remember to print it tomorrow. Maybe next year I'll have one of those PDAs, so I have something to beep at me when I'm suppose to be somewhere...

4. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000

In the words of the Kim Possible theme music:

Call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me.
    If you wanna page me it's okay.
    Doesn't matter if it's day or night,
    everything is gonna be alright.

hahaha...

5. BBQMASTER

BBQMASTER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Were still in San Jose with car trouble. :( I hope that I'll make it there for tomorrow.

6. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    did any of you guys who ran our booth today (sunday) by any chance see my friend Jessica Chobot from IGN entertainment? she emailed me and told me that she passed by and looked for me. darn i was out and about the aisles of wondercon and didn't even see her. we planned to meet up either at GDC on friday or throughout wondercon however she was feeling under the weather the last few days and only today did she get to roam around wondercon. oh well there's always comic con for me to see her [face_dancing]

7. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    All and all this year was a blast! Stephanie got a tone of good pics of the Booth and the RL & 501st shoot. Plus I have a tone of video to top it all off with. ( BTW, Kathy or Matt PM me if you want a video montage for the RL shoot if you want to use it for the side or anything else).

Again we had fun. This was Stef's first con and she loved it. Plus she won the Side Show Boushh & I won the Rebel & the Boba Fett Drawing w/ sketch card. Plus!!!! Most of my Sideshow card are high value.

Great Job Fan Force. Lets do it bigger next year.[face_shame_on_you]

8. Zero_has_lightsaber

Zero_has_lightsaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2005
    Was anyone there on Saturday when they showed the never before seen in-game footage of Street Fighter 4? I was right in the front row, too!

And did anyone get to see the furry in the gray wolf fursuit? Hahahaha! Holy crap!

9. Red_Mandalorian7887

Mar 15, 2007
    Wow,, this was a great weekend!!! This was my first con as well as Stephanie's and I too had a blast! I think the best part was on Saturday after hanging out at the SFFF table, I went to have a snack at that little cafe place in the corner. And who should walk up and ask to join me, but Steve Sansweet!!! :eek: It was so awesome, he and I ate lunch and talked for 90 minutes! We talked about all kinds of stuff. He was very very nice. THEN... then next best part was when Kathy called me to tell me I had won the Sideshow Luke, (Thanx Kat :) ) I also found alot of stuff I had been looking for. AND low and behold, come to find out, that I groom Lou and Stephanie's cat, Azul!
    Its a small galaxy after all,,,,,,,,,

10. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    i went to the capcom panel featuring street fighter 4. most of the footage that they showed was shown at gdc and the internet. i was hoping that they would have an arcade unit to try out at the capcom booth, but they said they'l have some demo units at comic con.

11. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Wow - I'm still recovering from the weekend. First, I want to say I'm sorry I totally spaced out when I was at the table on Sunday morning. I know I was supposed to sit on the Fan Force side for one hour... and although I was AT the tables during that time I forgot to switch over.

Ming's digital frame looked great, Eva's TV was perfect... I think our booth came together really well!

Even - it sounds like you had a great time. How nice of Steve Sansweet to chat with you!

Thanks to everyone who helped with the table and the raffle. We ended up earning $353 dollars for Autism Speaks! That's about 3 times the amount we earned last year. Largely in part to all of the wonderful prizes we had donated by our own members, Karen K., Sideshow, LucasFilm, Tom Hodges, and the Berkeley theater. (Thanks to Matt for rounding up so many great prizes!) I think it also made a difference that we were encouraging people to enter the raffle too.

I'd also like to thank Matt and Dale for covering me on Friday so I could see the BSG panel, as well as Alison for covering the tables during the Sarah Conner Chronicles panel on Sunday.

Haha - all I saw of the convention floor was our fan table aisle, Eva's booth, the Stylin booth, the 501st booth and the Schultz booth! I was bummed I got to the the 501st dinner soooo late on Friday. That was the biggest downer of the entire Con for me. But honestly, the only chance I had to shop the entire convention was Friday night after we shut down the fan table. I got my Star Wars T-shirts, so I was happy. But getting stuck in the convention center traffic and then getting lost on the way to Moon Star just totally sucked. I think I was trying to do too much and had had too little sleep, so it hit me hard that Friday night. [face_tired] I had a great time overall though, it was just a very different experience from other years.

12. Red_Mandalorian7887

Mar 15, 2007
    WOw, Kathy,, I still have to say your Princess Leia costume was amazing... I was looking at all the detail and everything, even down to the cinnamon buns were so spot on! I think the very lowest point for me at the con was Saturday night , after it closed I went out to try to catch a taxi and there was seemingly huge traffic jam on 2nd street I think, and one cab pulled up and told me that it would be a very long wait for another cab.( he was picking up someone else) And being I had two HUGE bags of Star Wars stuff, and all the Muni's I saw were packed,,I had no way home so I had to walk, and got caught in a major down pour..... Ah well,,,, I was SOAKED once I got home, it took about an hour to walk as I live by S F General. But non of my things got wet thanx to plastic bags But all in all It was a great time.

13. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    That C-3PO Ceramic bank was $40-80 back in 1994. I can imagine since it was in mint condition in unopen box making it even MORE rare AND formely in the LFL archives it's at least double that or maybe triple that by now. So I'd say $120-200 on todays market...

I saw so many people I haven't seen in a while which is what these things are about I think rather than just all the neat stuff and wearing costumes. I just like seeing old friends and catching up with people. Seeing the Narnia stuff and Iron Man footage was really awesome. I can't wait till May. It's gonna be an awesome movie month!

14. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    It was a great con. It seemed to go by really fast. I didn't have a huge amount of time to walk the floor, but maybe that was good because it kept me from buying stuff. I did get a cool Luke Saber and a couple of voodoo babies. That's great the raffel went so well. I agree that it is probably in part due to the awsome prizes. Way to go Matt. It was great getting to hang out with everyone too. Here's looking forward to comic con.

15. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh, I agree totally! Having a chance to dress up is fun, no doubt. But the conventions have usually been the first place I've met people. The first time I met you Ming was at WonderCon when I came by the Fan Force table. I was asking about the light sabers and what not. And WonderCon was the first place I met Joan and Richard! There are a lot of people we chat with through the forums or e-mail all the time but only get to really see one another in person at the conventions.

16. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Let me say that each year, we seem to be getting better and bigger! Personally, I'd like to thank everyone who helped with manning the table, and even to those who expressed interest in helping out, even when you weren't sure of your schedules.

Kathy - Thanks for your cooperation on your ideas for the table and with the RL tables and for the great signs and displays!

Dale - for keeping me sane every February

Lou - the flyers, videos, and Steph for taking pictures

Rach - the candy to keep us awake!

Ming - doing a great job on the digital slide show

To all those who helped man the table and then raffle, thank you! Without your help, this club can't be able to stay alive and grow. Hopefully, each year we can add more members, thus reducing your time at the table, allowing you to see and do more things around the con! I'd also like to thank Sideshow Collectibles, Karen Katich, Lucasfilm, and the Berkeley Rep for providing prizes! Congrats to all the winners of the raffle too!

Please don't forget to send any pics to Kathy to put up on the site!

Here are mine:

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/WonderCon%202008%202-23-25/

So to prevent any last-minute shift fill-ins, let's start next year's table sign up so we can fill it out faster! Remember, I only ask for one hour, and the earlier you sign-up, the more likely you can see and do other things around the con. I'll start:

FRI:

12-1 - MATT/DALE
    1-2 -
    2-3 -
    3-4 -
    4-5 -
    5-6 -
    6-7 - MATT/DALE

SAT:

10-11 - MATT/DALE
    11-12 -
    12-1 -
    1-2 -
    2-3 -
    3-4 -
    4-5 -
    5-6 -
    6-7 - MATT/DALE

SUN:

11-12 - MATT/DALE
    12-1 -
    1-2 -
    2-3 -
    3-4 -
    4-5 - MATT/DALE

[face_laugh] ;)

17. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    My first real test of the zoom ability of my new camera came from using it at the panels. Most came out good as long as the shot was steady: http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Harlock415/Wondercon%202008/

18. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    hello SF. I have to say that I had a great time on Sat., I only wished I could of stayed the whole weekend. Thank you Kathy w/ helping me w/ the rules & codes for costuming for RL. It was very nice to meet the group from the Bay. See you guys again at the next event.

19. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey, it was nice meeting you Quinlan_Vos_1! Hopefully the submission form for Rebel Costumes will be working again after March 3rd. In the mean time you can get your photos ready :)

20. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    Thanks! Sorry, not trying to sound rude, but, who were you(costume)?

21. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh, sorry - I'm Kathy/Leia. I use the same screen name at RL as at Fan Force. It's funny, most people know me as Kay Dee first and Kathy second!

22. Danakin_Skywalker

Danakin_Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Jan 30, 2005
    You mean to show me with those pics that Summer and the Aussie Hottie from Transformers was there.... You guys get the best guests:_|

23. The_Sith_Mistress

The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    Hey! It was nice seeing most of you again! I swear I'll make more appearances this year. ;)

24. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    Hey Everyone! It was nice to see y'all!

I honestly thought last year's was better....there seemed to be more energy and more people dressed up.

25. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    GGG pics:

http://www.goldengategarrison.com/gallery/wondercon2008

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.