main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA WonderCon 2011!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthZemog, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    WonderCon, celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2011! The 2011 event will be held April 1?3 at Moscone Center South in the heart of San Francisco. Tickets are on sale now with an early bird discount compared to "day of the event" prices.

WonderCon 2011

I already bought my 3 day pass and Viki will be going with me on Friday. Gotta figure out what day I will wear my armor, should be a fun long day, especially riding into SF on BART in full armor. I expect to see some YouTube vids of that. Anyway, who is planning on going, is going for sure? What day(s) are you planning on attending? Do we want to plan a SVRF lunch/dinner in SF? Should be an awesome event, last year was a blast, and I'm psyched for this years! Gotta get Adam Baldwin's autograph on my Firefly DVDs, have Robert Kirkman sign my Walking Dead volume 1 hardcover, and pick up the first issues of Kick Ass that I'm missing! Wonder if they will have anything on Kick Ass 2? I'm sure there will be tons on the Green Lantern, Thor and Captain America movies!

Also, for all you 80's music fans (Tara/Chris/Tina), there is a Broadway Show called Rock of Ages coming to SF from March 8 - April 9, 2011 at the Curran Theatre. Sounds like a pretty cool show with music from JOURNEY, NIGHT RANGER, STYX, REO SPEEDWAGON, PAT BENATAR, TWISTED SISTER, POISON, ASIA, WHITESNAKE and many more.

Rock of Ages

Viki and I are planning on going to the March 31st Thursday night show since we will be down for WonderCon. If anyone else plans on going to this show on that night, let me know and we can meet up either before or afterwards.

~DZ

2. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    I'll be at Nova Albion (Steampunk Exposition/Convention) the week before, so I'll have to miss out on t3h Vunderkahn this year. Too bad. :( Wudda been my 5 year anniversary there, and 2006 was AWESOMESAUCE. All I gotta say is drunk 2am light saberfights in The Downtown Marriott Arboriteum. ;)

-TJ

3. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    DZ are you staying in San Francisco or taking BART in each day? You're brave! Be careful, people do stupid things to stormtroopers sometimes. YouTube is fine, but we don't want to see you on the evening news! :D

I should be there Saturday for Rebel Legion stuff, but may be staying Friday night too.

After hitting refresh for an hour and a half I think I may have actually gotten a 4 day pass for Comic-Con. Wow, what a mess tickets have been for SDCC this year! I'll believe it when I get the official email. This would be my first time for SDCC.

4. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey Leia, I will most likely be staying with family in the Bay Area and taking BART in each day, did that last year and it went good. I feel yeah with the strangeness about people seeing Stormtroopers, should have some back up with me and may just end up driving in to SF, parking nearby or at the hotel/event center and changing there for the day I armor up. That may cut down on the weirdness and stupid behavior factor! Should be cool though either way.

The registration for Comic Con has been loony this year! Unfortunately that event was too far out of reach for me this year, but it should be so much fun, especially if its your first time going. The Captain America movie opens during Comic Con and that would be cool to see down there! I remember the first year I went to Comic Con, T2 opened that weekend and the theater was packed with con attendees all excited to see it. Good times!

~DZ

5. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    For Halloween last year, I wore my armor & took the trollie/bus thing that rides Market. The Driver wanted me to drive it. Got lots of photos taken, especially when I tried to sit down. Kimmie & I will be there for all three days.

Vos

6. Dusan

Dusan Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2010
    How do I find out who's on the autographs list? They seem to hold out on that one every yr on the website.

Thanks,

Dusan

7. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    gotta wait till about 2 weeks b4. still waiting for the volunteer site to open up.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Autograph listing is up. http://www.comic-con.org/wc/wc11_autographs.php

I bought my 3 day pass last week. Looking forward to the Green Lantern banaza on Friday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.