main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Wondercon/Lucasfilm

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by marmakecam, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Just wanted to let everyone know that our trip to San Francisco is pretty awesome so far. We started out the trip by meeting Kevin Smith at the airport and it's just gotten better. Today we went to check out the art school for Kelsey THEN we went for a tour and lunch at Lucasfilm! That ruled! Mary hooked us up so we got to see the majority of the place, hang out with Kelsey's buddy Pablo, have a comp lunch in the crazy ass LucasFilm cafeteria and shop at the company store! Yeah, awesomeness. After that we went to the con which is really cool, though it's nothing compaired to Comic-Con. Lots of Serenity stuff and we met some cool Browncoats... and Kelsey got a Jayne hat... THE Jayne hat. Tomorrow is Sansweets panel as well as the FanFilms which we'll be helping at. So yeah, it's been really cool. I want to work for LucasFilm so bad!

2. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Wow, awesome!

I'm so glad for you guys. That just rocks!

I take it you're having a great time. :~)

3. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    I hope you've been taking pictures...

4. majiinkilljoy

majiinkilljoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2005
    yes pictures, many many pictures

5. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Especially a picture of Kelsey rubbing Pablo's shiny little head...

6. OpheliaRedgrave

OpheliaRedgrave Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2004
    i miss Pablo.
    *rubs Jayne hatt fondly*

7. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    We didn't take a whole lot of pictures but I'll go through what we do have and see if there's anything worth posting. We had to sign a NDA just to get into the Lucasfilm building so we don't have any pics of that at all. There are a couple interesting bits of news that you guys may be the first to find out...

1. Dan Parsons, the inker on most of the Republic comics series, told Kelsey and I that Lucas himself requested that Quinlan Vos not die in Republic #83 as planned because he has plans for the character. Perhaps Quin is going to be in the live action show?

2. TFN said it but I'll say it more: Celebration 4 is going to happen. We found out from a source who knows (while we were NOT under the NDA too!)

3. There will be no Star Wars pavillion at Comic-Con this year. Lucasfilm, LucasArts, StarWarsShop.com and all of that will not have booths at all. Many of the licensees will probably still have booths but they're likely to be split up.

Hooray for #1 and #2... big boooooo for #3.

There wasn't much other Star Wars news... in fact there wasn't a whole lot of new news regarding anything I care about, but it was still cool. They did give out these really super cool Eragon promo sheet things. I'm really excited for that movie but it's going to be a long wait til December.

8. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Way to spoil the end of the comic, Mr. No Spoilers.

Did you get one of those cool Guy Fawkes masks they gave out to promote V For Vendetta?

9. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I had two but I think I threw them out at the hotel since I didn't have room in my luggage. It's possible that Kelsey packed them for me but I don't remember.

10. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    ::in total Mark Hamill mode::

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

11. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Sillies. :~)

Poor Uncle Owen. :~(

Did they mention if there's going to be any handmaidens in the TV show? :~D

12. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Hehe, they didn't mention handmaidens but you never know. Although judging by the time period I wouldn't get your hopes up.

13. OpheliaRedgrave

OpheliaRedgrave Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2004
    Did he really not have legs?

14. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Did who not have legs?

15. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    That's Cleg, not Owen, Kels.