main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wondering if anyone is still using this board?

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by YO-SOLO, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YO-SOLO

YO-SOLO Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    It has been YEARS since I posted to this site. This past year, I have been teaching a Science Fiction class. Over the past few weeks, I have been playing episodes IV through VI. We just finished up "Return of the Jedi" today. When we had just finished, one of my students said, "man, now I like Star Wars." That was pretty cool, especially considering he's a Naruto/manga/anime/all that crazy japanese stuff fan....

The best part is we still have three more movies to watch....

By the way, I actually got a chance to see a film in the theater. I took my kids to see "The Last Mimzy". It was so cool - especially if you read Alice in Wonderland, "the Jabberwokie". I did a little research on the movie when I got home and found out that it was based on a short story written in 1949. I'll bet that this story may have been a source of inspiration to the "Matrix" film series.

Anyway, nice talking....

2. DarthRender

DarthRender Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2000
    No.

What's up Barry?

3. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    I still visit every now and then, but not much activity here.

4. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    Yeah, I think all Louisiana FanForces went six feet under. I know mine did. . .

5. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    I took a science fiction literature course in college many years ago. We were constantly arguing with the professors on whether SW was science fiction or fantasy. We considered it science fiction but the professors considered it fantasy. They hated when SW entered the dicussions, which happened frequently since that was the year the special edition movies were released in the theaters.

I recently watched a documentary, I think it was on AMC, on the philosophy of SW. Most of it was how it related to Joseph Campbell's research on the mythlogy of the hero. The material has been on these boards many of times and I always found it interesting, so it was neat to watch a show about it. I wish I had a teacher interested in this back when I was in school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.