main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WooHoo go browns

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by jaster_meerle, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaster_meerle

jaster_meerle Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    ok now im from pittsburgh but i was reading the paper and i figured that mostly all pittsburgh quarterbacks are good for one year and then they stink and with a good season last year the browns are going all the way
    just though you all should know
    adios
    jaster

2. rebel_scum1

rebel_scum1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2003
    i'm with you all the way , jm

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I love the Browns just as much as anybody in Cleveland... but I think I'll have a better chance of seeing Hell freeze over before I see them win. Watch, I'll go ahead and die when I'm old and gray, and the following year they'll win! I'm never gonna see them win a Super Bowl in my lifetime! :_|

4. Siri_Ruane

Siri_Ruane Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Don't give up all hope! Not yet!

5. rebel_scum1

rebel_scum1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2003
    its really hard for me. i live in pittsburgh, where of course, everyone (except me,my brother and my dad) hates the browns. i showed my friend a picture of a yuuzhan vong two days ago and he said it looked like kelly holcomb.

6. Siri_Ruane

Jan 13, 2003
    I like Holcomb. I can see him building up to be a way better quarter back than Couch.

7. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    ugh... not again... tell ya what... give couch seven years in the same system like holcumb had and we'll see if he turns out to have the same reads as holcumb.... end of discussion

-b-

8. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Holcomb had the advantage of much lower expectations; lose...he's just the backup, win...and now you've got a "quarterback controversy"

Plus, I think there are many people who want Couch to fail (for many reasons) so they can say "I told you so" The only thing worse then being a 1st Draft pick...is a 1st pick who doesn't live up to expectations (regardless of circumstances)

9. Siri_Ruane

Jan 13, 2003
    I don't want Couch to fail, I just don't think he's what everybody says he is.

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    You might not, but listen to some sports radio stations around here. There are people who will find anything wrong with Couch to prove that he was not the right choice to build a team around. I've even heard people imply that because Couch is white, that he's not as "marketable" as other quarterbacks in the league (not my theory...just heard it).

The fact is, he's a very good quarterback, who is the showcase player on a team trying to define itself (with questionable offensive line). So while Couch "takes his lumps" people can sit back and say "he's not the guy"

11. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Disclaimer: No offense intended to anyone.

I'm convinced that over 75% of the announcers on the sports radio shows in Cleveland that Krash refers to are a bunch of washed-up, overweight guys who never had enough talent to make a name for themselves in the pros. In other words, they have little room to talk. So they can hate on Couch all they want, but they don't have a shred of his ability. I personally haven't watched either Couch or Holcomb enough to decide who I like more. But I think they've both done fine with what they've had to work with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.