main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wookie Army

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DarthZemog, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I officially started building mine today and was wondering if anyone else is doing the same?

I bought duplicates of Chewie and Tarful to open, and opened two of the three Sneak Preview Wookie Warriors I purchased. I plan on adding 2 of the newly released Wookie Warriors when I find them and there you have it, a Wookie Army to battle the Clone/Storm Trooper Army I've amassed! :D

2. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Interesting. Do you plan on customizing your Wookiees as well?

3. Darth_Spiros

Darth_Spiros Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    I have 2 preview wookie warriors, a tarful and chewie and I picked up 2 new wookie warriors today. I've heard there are darker variants of the new one, so I might keep an eye out for them just to add some color to my wookie army.

4. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    I don't know if I'll do any customizing, maybe though.

I still have to find the newer Wookie Warriors. I really like the Sneak Preview Wookies! They're bigger than both Chewie and Tarful and they seem to have better articulation.

Does anyone know if their are any Wookie vehicles planned? I can't remember, but I thought there was atleast one coming soon.

Wrrrrrr!!!!!! :D

5. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Yeah there is the helicopter looking thing comming out. I'll see if I can dig up a picutre.

The Yoda on the Can Cell might work in there for you too.

Found the link for the chopper thing-y

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3569&text=&imageid=14779

6. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I've gotten one of each wookie so far for openers (Chewbacca, Tarful, Sneak Peak Wookie Warrior). I'll be getting the other one when I see it. I'll probably set them up on a shelf somehow. There's no way to put them into my main dioramas, so they'll probably be seperate from everything else.

7. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    You can also add to your army if you can find the Star Wars Adventure Game book called The Invasion of Theed. It came with an exclusive Wookie figure called Rorworr. I'm not sure if the book is still generally available but you may be able to find a copy on Amazon or Ebay!

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I saw that game recently. It was either my local Woolworths or Entertainer. Didn't get it though - it didn't really interest me.

9. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Oh yeah, I remember that figure with the RPG set. I thought he looked cool, so maybe he can join up!

That helicopter thing looks cool. Any idea when it's gonna be released?

Wookies rule! Wrrrrrrrr! :)

10. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Come on people, it's wookiee.

That's my biggest geek pet peeve. I hate it when people don't spell it correctly.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Between Entertainer and Woolworths today I saw enough Wookiee figures for an instant army. I think I know one of the pegwarmers..

12. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    I didn't see this thread before, but I'm focusing on Wookiee army building now instead of clones or droids (though I do collect all three types still). For one thing, it's easier to get at the Wookiees since the clones seem to be in greater demand. For another thing, I've loved the Wookiees ever since I was a fan of Chewie when ANH first came out. I have a ROTS Chewie, Tarfull, light and dark variations of the basic figure Wookiee Warrior, one of the Sneak Preview Wookiees (my commander), and a boatload of old Chewie sculpts I'm considering repainting to make them look like entirely different Wookiees.

I saw that figure of Rorworr(sp?) at Rebelscum...it was a cool idea to make a new Wookiee figure, but I wish they hadn't based it on my second least favorite sculpt of Chewie, the Boush's Bounty figure. If there's one thing I'm thankful for that came from ROTS, it's the influx of Wookiee figs now...Ewok army, step aside!!

13. JCfromGC

JCfromGC Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    As soon as I can find some Wookiees I'll be building a small army of 5 wookiees.

I want the light and dark one, the new commando, Tarful(sp), and Chewie.

14. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    I'm still working at my little wookiee army. I've only been getting one of each ROTS wookiee, and I only need the wookiee heavy gunner to complete my army. As for the wookiee flyer, if I can find it on clearance at some point I'd be glad to get it.

15. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    I'd have never known the flier existed if I hadn't seen it on Rebelscum. They are really picky about what vehicles show up at our local Wal-Mart, and I'm amazed at some of the ones we missed out on from earlier lines.

Speaking of Wookiees, this picture at the bottom of the Wookiee Heavy Gunner page at Rebelscum cracks me up...someone has a sense of humor...

16. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Very cute pic, Monkee...though that reminds me about how odd the expression on Tarfful's face is. It's almost like he's worried that you've caught him doing something he's not supposed to...or he thinks you're about the take the last cookie that he's had his eye on.

The Wookiee copter is particularly easy to find at Targets in my area...seems TRU's stocked up on a few of them as well.

17. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    Yeah...there's a huge contrast between the package insert and Tarfull's actual expression...it's almost as bad as the pouty Mace Windu.

I haven't looked very hard for the Wookiee Copter, but it's been my experience that if I just drive to a few places in any direction about an hour from here, I find a much larger assortment of vehicles. Our closest TRU is kind of dirty and there are always tons of figures and boxes lying on the floor, so I rarely make special trips there, but they've usually got quite a bit of that sort of stuff. I wouldn't mind owning that vehicle, though...it's a nice change from the high-tech space vehicles that make up most of the ROTS vehicles.

18. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    It's pretty good, I wasn't sure about it when I picked it up, but loose it's a nice piece. The flapping wing action is a very nice touch if you're so inclined as to occasionally pick up a figure and kind of *gasp* play with it.

19. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I was very eager to begin my own Wookiee army, I picked up the Sneak Peek, Chewie, Tarfull, both the original Warrior Army Builders, and the Copter. But the ones appearing in the final 12 just leave a bad taste in my mouth. A wookiee that looks exactly like the rest only he's wearing a dress? :confused:

20. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Maybe he's a lumberjack wookiee? ;)

21. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    Yeah, I'll admit they could have done a little more with it, but I actually kind of like the Wookiee Commando. I've already made my feelings about the Wookiee Heavy Gunner pretty clear, though. I open everything, and if it doesn't get handled from time to time, I'm just not doing my job. I don't know any other Star Wars collectors out here (I knew a couple for a while, but they moved away), and I'm the only one around to appreciate my collection, so I prefer to have some fun with it. Any recent vehicles I own are forced to take a test drive now and then so they don't get rusty...[face_peace]

22. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    i like the idea of a wookiee army.
    I too have chewie, and tarfful. as well as a two each othe the light and dark variation wookiee warrior.
    I will prob pick up one or both of the new 12 wookiees if i ever see them.
    I have seen and passed on the wookiee copter many times, but i have come close to the purchase many times.

My ultimate goal, and i am almost ready to do it (minus the lack of space)
    is to set up a big Battle of Kashyyke set up, with chewie, tarrful and gree and yoda high up, and on the battle field below,
    you have barc speeders, at-rt's, and at-rt footsoldiers, wookiees, all fighting droids.
    Ideally, i would like to use real things from nature; wood, leaves, sand ect. to set this up...
    all i need is Gree, and a few more wookiees and droids...oh and a place to set it up( which seems to be quite difficult)

23. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    http://store1.yimg.com/I/cmdstore_1867_147422675

I just noticed this, but doesnt the face of this wookiee commando look
    like the evil creature, Gmork, from, the Never ending story...

24. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    That one sure does...none of the others I've seen look like that...it must be a variation...[face_laugh]

25. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    That kinda does look like Gmork. :)

For those of you that have the Wookiee Commando... is it just my sample or do all of these guys' skirt thing smell really strong? It smells like oil.

And as for the wookiee flyer, I'm debating whether to get that or Anakin's Starfighter. I got a 25% off coupon from TRU in the mail the other day, and those are really the only two things they have (unless they get the Battle of Hoth Battle Pack in) that interest me. Another thing I'd consider would be the Gunship if they get more. I have about twelve clones crammed into my original one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.