main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wookie Army

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DarthZemog, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    I might be the wrong one to ask that, since I'm biased toward the Wookiees at the moment. I would buy the flier, though, since it's a new ship, not a repaint of a previous one. The figure is new also (and you can use him for breakdancing).

I haven't smelled my Wookiee Commando yet...him and I aren't that good of friends yet...my nose has been stuffed up lately, though, so that might be why...I'll have to check it out...

2. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    They have wookiee commandos on KB Toys.com

Just figured id let all the wookiee lovers know

3. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    Thanks for the tip. I think I'll just keep the one Commando I own so he can be unique (the other Wookiee Warriors I can have multiples of though). I went a little EU and gave my Wookiee Commando a long POTF2 Obi-Wan lightsaber, which he holds quite well with both hands. There's just not enough Wookiee Jedi out there if you ask me...:p The skirt does add to the look quite nicely though.

4. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    But it smells really strong... like oil. :p

At this point I have all of the wookiee figures and flyer, since I dig wookiees (still haven't found the Heavy Gunner). I just need a place to put them on display now. I probably should have gotten a couple more Sneak Preview Wookiee Warriors when they were on clearance for $1.14 at Target last spring.

5. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    Don't worry...those Sneak Preview Wookiees have been recalled, opened, stripped of their cool accessories, and repackaged as "Wookiee Heavy Gunners", so you can still get them...you just have to pay full price now. :p

That's another reason why I own only one Wookiee Commando. The smell of more than one of them would be unbearable. I keep having to remind myself that the figure isn't painted with tar, and that it's his skirt that I'm smelling. It seems made of the same stuff as Evolutions AOTC Anakin's vest, so why doesn't he smell like tar? One thing I like about my sealed loose figure tubs is how they hold the cool new plastic smell of the figures in there between times that I look at them. I hope that smelly oil-scented Wookiee doesn't ruin all that for me...:eek:

6. Mon_Praxar_Grey_Jedi

Mon_Praxar_Grey_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2003
    OK, so I'm inspired to build a grand army of Kashykk. Just to recap, how many Wookiee figures are there for ROTS? I count:
    Chewie
    Tarfful
    Wookiee Warrior Sneak Preview
    Wookiee Warrior other one(!)
    Heavy Gunner
    Commando
    Are there others/colour variations? Thanks in advance all.

7. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Pretty good list Mon_Praxar, you've got just about all of them listed there.

The basic Wookiee Warrior comes in two paint variations...a lighter tan and a darker brown. So there are three different versions of that mold (the third being the Wookiee Commando).

There's also a pilot that comes with the Wookiee Flyer vehicle. He's actually the largest of the Wookiees...but he's stuck in a sitting position.

8. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    Yeah, that seems to be all the ROTS Wookiees.
    I think there may have been a wookiee senator released around the time of AOTC? but not sure.

I have all the wookiees, except for the Sneak Preview, the Heavy Gunner, and the Wookiee flyer Wookiee.

my grand plan is to set up a battle of kashyyyke display. All i need is a few more minor figs, and the space to do it????

9. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    The Wookiee Senator was released back at the beginning of this year as part of the "post-OTC" waves. Supposedly he's in TPM, but if so it's only for a split second.

I think the mold was originally planned for use in the POTJ line...but they never got around to it so he wound up as filler in between OTC and ROTS. Same thing with a few other figures in those waves. The Queen's Handmaiden was pretty obviously a left-over TPM-era mold that they had left sitting on the shelves until it finally got used.

10. Mon_Praxar_Grey_Jedi

Mon_Praxar_Grey_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2003
    Ah yes, senator Yarua, thanks for that. Looks like he could be useful for an army. Actually, I just found the Chewie as Bounty Hunter fig my son was given last year and doesn't play with, so he can go in. Oddly enough he's about 1/2 inch shorter than the ROTS Chewie, so he can be a young Wookiee I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.