main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH WOOOHOOOO!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Robert-A-Fett, Dec 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHAUDITOR

DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we are about to begin the third round of questioning in the Presidential (FanForce) debates. Mr. Dean, you currently have the floor.

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Disagreeing with the RSA is not allowed and will result in being banned
    Are you under the impression I would ban someone simply for not agreeing with my opinion? Last time I looked that was allowed (as long as the discussion is civil) and since I have yet to resort to attacking you...kindly show me the same respect.

How is that different from your not-so-veiled threat when you just said I was ranting and supportive of genocide?
    It is a dangerously thin line between wanting to track down and bring to justice those who do horrific things...and becoming the very monster you wish to eliminate. Much of the most horrific crimes against humanity have been with the purpose of wiping them out...THAT is what I was cautioning you against. Of course, those responsible for the injustices in Iraq must be brought to justice...but not simply by killing them.

I am at a loss to see what you found so threatening about what I've said. Considering all I was saying is that there has been an alarming trend in this country to attack anyone who dares question the Bush administration's actions (not just the war.) This was nothing directed at anyone here in particular...simply a commentary on how patriotism can become misguided.

I also fail to see how his children have something to do with the present discussion.
    It had less to do with their (illegal) action...and more to do with the double standard bewteen the Clinton and Bush administrations. Republicans were attacking the Clinton family (even the innocent ones) in the press, but when the Bush twins get caught breaking the law...that apparently is off limits?

Speaking of which, this thread is getting all over the map...I do agree with ImperialRecruiter in that...I don't think we originally were using the correct reasons for going in Is it a good thing that Saddam is out...yes, but there is much room for debate on the way it was done.

I also share the view that: I worry about all the accussations against people about being anti-American for making their protests against the war though.

Edit: I've been pulling for Gen. Wesley Clark for the Democartic nomination...if he doesn't get the nomination, I think he'd make a good VP. (I don't know alot about Dean yet) Besides, I live in Ohio...my vote isn't going to count for much.

3. DARTHAUDITOR

Jan 10, 2003
    Edit noted, correction pending till after work.

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    ^^^ well that doesn't sound promising :D

5. DARTHAUDITOR

Jan 10, 2003
    Correction: It is General Clark.

President Bush now has the floor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.