main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Wow..after like 4 decades I'm back on TFN forums!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by IsoBanValian, Nov 3, 2012.

1. IsoBanValian

IsoBanValian Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2004
    Hello everybody! I haven't been much of a forum lurker in many, many moons...but with the Big News, what can I say? I'm back! Hopefully I start posting some artwork soon.

Let the endless obsessing begin! ;D

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome back, IsoBanValian! :)

It's cool that the big news brings you back. We are all excited about it... in one way or another. ;) :D

Did you do artwork back in the days when you have joined as well? Did you really stop or did the topic of your art simply change?
    I guess, you know where to find FanArts, right?

Enjoy your stay! :)

3. IsoBanValian

May 5, 2004
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm really looking forward to hanging out in the forums.

As far as posting art back then, I think I did...but it was actually far enough back that I have no idea what it would have been...I was still pretty much just a graphic designer at that point. Since I switched to full time illustration, I still do quite a bit of Star Wars art in my spare time. :D

I actually just posted a piece in the Fan Art section! http://boards.theforce.net/threads/isoban-dark-yoda.50005388/

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Failte Nua Duine. Welcome aboard. 4 decades is a long time to be on the internet reading spoilers. What did they know about A New Hope back in 1972? :p

Darth-Jedi-Master likes this.
  5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Not welcome back.....Welcome Home! ;)

6. IsoBanValian

May 5, 2004
    Thanks!

Aaaand I seem to already have had a thread disappear. Oooookay. lol

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Which thread!?!? Can I find it for you?

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    LOL I would love to get to learn about that as well. ;) :p
    Nah, honestly, what's the first "spoiler" you remember before ANH came out?

That pic is cool... although I don't like to see Yoda being a Darth Yoda... like a nightmare. ;)

It's fantastic that you do what you love and still love your job!! Happy you! :D

9. IsoBanValian

May 5, 2004
    I'd created a thread titled something like "doom and gloom..whats something that might make you say "UH OH" in upcoming SWVII promotional images". It might have gotten moved or something...no big deal....I'm still figuring out the forums. ^_^

Thanks for offering tho! :)

10. IsoBanValian

May 5, 2004
    lol well, 4 decades is a pretty significant exaggeration on my part. Actually it was just around the prequels when I was on the forums. :D Just feels like it was forever ago. And I'm no where near old enough to remember when ANH came out. lol I do remember seeing Return of the Jedi in the theater when I was very little...I remember that it blew me away. But even as a kid, I didn't like Ewoks very much. I think my favorite toy at the time was the biker scout...I was obsessed with them for some reason.

Thanks for the comments on Evil Yoda! I sort of melded him with Dracula (I think the inspiration was the bat wing ears.) I wish I could say I'm doing exactly what I love, tho. I'm a professional illustrator, but I work for a very big household name brand company. Its a good company, but usually the stuff I'm required to illustrate is hell-and-gone far away from being the stuff I love. Its a great living, and in that sense I like my job a lot. But I would be lying if I said I wouldn't rather be working on Star Wars (or even Star Trek) concepts all day. lol

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome back! If you posted the thread in E7, you can always private message one of the mods there (listed at the top of the forum), who can probably tell you what happened :)

12. IsoBanValian

May 5, 2004
    Thanks, but i figured it out! Looks like it was moved over to a similar post someone had made much earlier that I'd overlooked. Thanks for the heads up, tho! ;)

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Glad you figured it out! Feel free to ask if you have any questions; we're here for you :)

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I see! :D

And with being an illustrator already, you might get a chance to do one or two small illustrations one day. There are so many SW things around, why shouldn't it be you one day (and I'm not speaking of the big dream of only doing SW illustrations - since it's not as well paid as one imagines, IIRC). ;) :)

Btw, just a little advice: If you hit "reply" twice (of various posters), you can quote them within one post. Double postings are mostly frowned uppon and at one point it can be counted as "spamming". :)