main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wow the new Obi-Wan lightsaber rocks

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by AmazingDM, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmazingDM

AmazingDM Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    All my current electronic lightsabers, Darth Maul, Qui-Gon, Anakin, Mace Windu are over 3 years old at least. I just bought the Mace Windu one but it's just a repackage I think if not just an exact reproduction of what they did for the earlier Mace Windu one.. But this new Obi-Wan one is really really cool.. I just wanted one until Force FX came out with one but this one is great for $16 bucks
    it no longer has the motion sensor but that's ok, the other sounds are ruffly the same except the idle hum isn't so high-frequency which is really good. There's now a vibration effect when you hit something with it and it makes the L-saber flash. It's not that great but it's cool that there's that feature.

What's really great is the light.. I think they must use LCDs now (also you can tell it's a new model, which we all know it is, since it uses double A's, now I can have batteries in more than one Lightsaber lol). It's really bright but like a true blue which is really cool.

I really hope the Ultimate Lightsaber uses the same technologies for the light and the batteries.

How are the new Anakin and Yoda lightsabers? Yoda's a repackage but is the new Anakin just as good light wise?

I figure since it plus the Ultimate Lightsaber have clear tubes this is what they must use.

2. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I like the Obi-Wan lightsaber, but I like the Anakin lightsaber more. Anakin's saber is brighter than Obi-Wan's, and it makes a unique humming sound very much like the lightsabers in the movie. It also has a power down sound that's identical to the one in the films. I love how it changes colors... that's like two lightsabers in one without having to buy a second.

Do the repacked sabers still use size C batteries?

3. AmazingDM

Jun 2, 2001
    my mace windu did
    so yeah
    it sucks too cuz they're bigger and bulkier

i actually shouldnt call it mace windu's lightsaber, but generic-purple.

I can't wait til the Ultimate Lightsaber, when does that come out?

With the Anakin, there's a clear tube, but when you lightit up say blue, does it really really look blue?

Also I hope the Ult Lightsaber has blue, red and green lenses and just lets you cross blue with red for the purple.

4. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I get the feeling that the Ultimate saber is going to be just a plain old bulb. For one thing it uses two C batteries and you would think if it were LED they'd try and get by with smaller batteries. Plus they always refer to it on the package as a light bulb, I don't know if they would change the wording if it were a LED but it kind of seems like they would.

Edit: There are three color filters, Red, blue and green. There are two blades; red and clear. Rebelscum has pictures as part of their cIII coverage.

5. AmazingDM

Jun 2, 2001
    yeah i looked at a closeup and it looks like it is the lightbulb
    maybe i can switch stuff

6. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    The Anakin saber is a clear blade, and when you light it up it is a very bright blue or a very bright red... even brighter than the other electronic lightsabers of the same colors. You wouldn't think it'd be that effective, but it is. It's my favorite of the electronic lightsabers.

7. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    The Anakin has three LEDs for each color. When you switch from red to blue you are turning off the three red leds and turning on the blue ones.

8. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    Sorry... it might be a girl thing and all... but what exactly are LEDs? [face_blush]

9. AmazingDM

Jun 2, 2001
    light emmitting diodes

very small piece of plastic or something that emit light brighter than bulbs and at less energy

10. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    do the blades on these go all the way into the saber or do they hang out part way like the Episode I Maul saber?

11. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    How's the Dooku blade? Is it a repackage, or is it a newer model?

~Vassago

12. AmazingDM

Jun 2, 2001
    All these electronic sabers have blades that stick out part of the way.. which kinda suck but hey what can ya do for $15?

the dooku saber is 99% likely just a repackage

13. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    that sucks that the blades stick out, makes them unrealistic. The crappy lightsabers that are like $8 have a blade that goes in all the way and I know they made a Maul saber that did too. Damn

14. AmazingDM

Jun 2, 2001
    ya those $7 lightsabers are cool because they have different colors and have a belt clip

15. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    The $7 basic lightsabers are also sturdier than the electronic ones, which makes them better for rough dueling. :)

16. Koto-Ogami

Koto-Ogami Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    The new Kenobi saber is glorious. Its the perfect weight and size.

17. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    The look of the over all saber is good: The blade color, the weight, and the the size. However, I really do not like the force vibration. It's LOUD.

18. AmazingDM

Jun 2, 2001
    yeah i never liked the loud sound of these things
    i wish there was a way to alter/change some settings

the vibration is kinda cool i guess but again, i wish i had the option to turn it off

19. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    I agree. Being able to turn off the vibration and blade flashing would be nice. I still love the saber, though. Everyone I've shown it to a few people, and I tell them to duel with me. So I give them Obi-Wan's saber and I get Anakin's. And as they bang my lightsaber, they're very surprised when they get the vibration. It catches them off guard, and the look on their faces is priceless. :)

20. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I love my Obi-Wan saber. It's my favorite of the whole saga, and I love that it's a decent size.

The vibration is a little annoying, but it's kinda cool.

21. Vader_fan

Vader_fan Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    PhantomMenace, is the Anakin saber still 3 feet long? I assume it is but want to be certain. When you say the glow is brighter than those of the other sabers, is it really a genuine blue or red color? Not like the AOTC Anakin or OTC Vader lightsabers that didn't have a very good colour when switched on?

Basically what I'm trying ask is this. Is the blade's colour and glow really good, not just by comparison but by most standards, and not a let down like some of the other sabers? This time I will not be dissapointed with a weak or off colour glow...

Thanks.

Vader_fan.

P.S. Too bad the blades of the basic sabers aren't longer...

22. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    The blades of the ROTS lightsabers are the same as the Saga ones... which is just about three feet. The glow on the new Anakin saber is much brighter than the AOTC lightsaber. It's brighter than the ROTS Obi-Wan lightsaber just by a little. And yes, it projects a genuine blue and red glow. Very, very bright. You won't be sorry for getting it. :)

Plus... the hum is different from any of the other lightsabers. It's just like the hum in the movie. The deactivation sound is also like the one in the films.

23. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I just picked up the new Obi-Wan saber tonight. Overall: love it! However, the Force Effect: GAH! Terrible! It's loud and goes on for toooo loooong. Has anyone pondered, or even tried, cracking it open to disable the vibration effect?

24. Ben-Starweilder

Ben-Starweilder Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    you're a wildman rebu!

25. JediGuardian13

JediGuardian13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2005
    My Obi-Wan Lighsaber broke the first day I got it the vibration cell in it is to loud you can hear the vibration of the plastic and the LEDs are *almost* dead, so I would not advise getting the Obi-Wan L-Saber at the SAM's Club in Alexandria, Louisiana.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.