main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    <<Please, no bashers. Start your own thread.>>

Who else is totally pumped about the ECW angle? Screw WCW, ECW is gonna take the WWF to whole new levels.

Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer, Rhyno, Tazz, Raven, Justin Credible, Lance Storm, Mike Awesome, Bubba-Ray & D-Von Dudley. Hopefully Tajiri and Jerry Lynn will join them soon. Then Sandman and some more ECW guys.

My guess is that they'll be wrestling on WCW tv because WCW sucks and needs some new blood (stress the BLOOD).

Well, all I care about is RVD, the whole *** show, is back on TV. WWF fans are in for a rude awakening if they think Jeff Hardy is the best high-flyer in the business.

//end ramble

Edit: Title change.

Darth Basin likes this.
  2. Jedi Master RussDog

Jedi Master RussDog Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 26, 1998
    I have to give the story line 2 thumbs up :)

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    me too, i love the new story line. i was plesantly suprised last nite, and i am looking forward too see how exciting this ECW angle can get. ;)

4. Santee Ordrin

Santee Ordrin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 9, 1998
    No matter what it should be interesting...

5. PowerfulJedi

PowerfulJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2000
    You guys are all looking at the good short term. In the long term this will ruin wrestling. After this Invasion angle the WWF will spew crap out of every orifice. Why you might ask. It has no competition and we can't do a thing about it. However last nights RAW was great except I would rather ECW would have stayed by itself. Another bad thing about the merger is the timing. Just look at the stars who are out: HHH, The Rock, Benoit, Kevin Nash, etc.

6. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Well, I'd have liked to see ECW stay separate, but WCW didn't have enough stars to hold a show every week. After the Invasion angle, they will separate into 2 separate companies.

7. PowerfulJedi

Jun 17, 2000
    WK while they will split, Vince will still own both companies. Say the WCW does better know, it won't hurt him at all like it did before thus creating dull angles.

8. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    But you forget one thing: Paul E.

9. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    After invasion, I think Vince should split them into three seperate companies, with Vince in charge of WWF, Shane in charge of WCW, and Paul E. in charge of ECW, with occasional cross-over angles and inter-promotional matches.

My big question is: Are they going to bring back the ECW title? I really hope so, because Tommy Dreamer certainly deserves it, and he only held it for a few minutes(although I'm not sure Tommy can wrestle again)..

10. PowerfulJedi

Jun 17, 2000
    No matter what this is gonna kill wrestling unless another promotion can come up and I don't see that happening.

11. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    No station will pick up WCW till they get GOLDBERG back. Or any other big name like Nash, or sting. They dont want another XFL either.

I loved the angle last night. I knew something was different when they all hesitated. It was awesome! The whole F"N SHOW. Tajiri, Tazz. I love it. And PaulE. is a genius, so he could make ECW work, do to the fact that they have sucha big fan following anyway.

12. Yoda_S

Yoda_S Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 1999
    I was there at Phillips Arena last night at RAW with some friends. It was a blast!

I think the new story angle has a ton of potential. I just want some of the bigger stars like the Rock and HHH back. And where is HHH gonna end up when he comes back considering Steph is in charge of ECW?

13. Ecstacy

Ecstacy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2001
    Oh damn, WT*. What station did they show RAW last night? They usually show it on the USA network on Monday's at 8:00 here in Chicago but for some reason they were showing the movie MIMIC so I thought RAW was cancelled for the night.

I can't believe I missed a great show. The WCW invasion definately blows, but I'm glad to hear that ECW is now having their own invasion. They could definatley take anyone down.

14. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I hear WCW is getting the Raw timeslot. I hope this isn't going to happen. It will literally kill the WWF.

15. Drunken Jedi Master

Drunken Jedi Master Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 1999
    Actually, think about it Darth Pipes. I think the real reason the WWF is suffering it from good old fashioned overkill. One show a week is enough, IMO. WCW on monday, WWF on Thursday, it can actually help the overall product if the writers only have to worry about writing for 1 show a week, instead of 2. I think its a good idea.

The ECW angle just made me want to get the PPV, because the WCW/WWF fued was lame, and PizzaThaHut is right, WCW guys are horrible actors.

And yeah, I wish HBK would come back too dude. :(

16. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    I like that the crowd gets behind whatever wwf wrestler is in there. They even got behind Angle!( He's my favorite since Rowdy Roddy Piper).

I think the timing is actually good. They get to do the whole invasion thing, and then hype it up again when HHH and the Rock come back to all new opponents. The cross promotional opportunities are excellent, and I'm pretty sure that new competition will spring up. All the wrestlers that don't sign on with Vince have to go somewhere, don't they?

17. Ender

Ender Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 12, 1998
    But what happened to the claw, Baron Von Rashkie?

18. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    If the WWF is going to give up one show, it shouldn't be their signiture show of eight years. Smackdown should be the expendable one.

The only thing that puzzles me is Stephanie McMahon's involvement in this angle. As far as I'm concerned, she is not needed and combined with Shane, she will drive Heyman into the shadows. Heyman is a great personality and a much better interview than Stephanie. His problems with McMahon are much more compelling and it's a storyline they've never really explored. Why they would do this, I don't know.

I was reading the spoiler report for Smackdown on pwtorch and Stephanie tells Heyman to call her "boss". Then all the ECW wrestlers are sucking up to her. The torch was right to note that ECW will only be over if they are a bad-ass, rebel group. They were also right to note that with all the McMahon's involved in this invasion, there is the possibility that wrestling with become the "McMahon Family Hour" once again. They should not be dominated the shows.

19. Rico_Starblazer

Rico_Starblazer Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2001
    We do not get UPN in State College PA...if WCW gets the monday night time slot and WWF is on Thurdays...life is not fair.

20. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I've heard about that. It's surprising to say the least.

21. PowerfulJedi

Jun 17, 2000
    Paul is one of my favorite personalities and I don't want him calling anyone "boss". ECW should be their oown group and Al Snow should join them.

22. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Paul will probably tell Steph to kiss his @$$ after a few weeks. Noone in their right mind would believe he'd let her run the most EXTREME wrestling company in the business.

Except stupid WWF marks.

23. Drunken Jedi Master

Drunken Jedi Master Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 1999
    Bringing Steph into the ECW mix was kinda weak.

AM I the only one who like it better when there are NO Mcmahons on tv?

24. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    I agree. Except for Shane. He has charisma, he's willing to take huge bumps, and he can actually wrestle if need be.
    Steph looks nice, but that's about it.
    Vince should not be on TV. He draws attention away from the wrestlers.
    Linda should also not be on TV.

25. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Another thing I'm not happy about is on Smackdown tonight, Vince tells Austin he needs the old "Stone-Cold" The beer swilling, McMahon hating one. He says if the crowd agrees, yell out a hell yeah. Austin leaves the arena angry.

I really hope Vince isn't stupid enough to do this. No doubt Austin will eventually turn good in the future. But not now. This Austin is much better and funnier then the old, boring and one-dimensional fan favorite Austin. Plus, the Rock will be coming back finally giving us the good guy Rock vs bad guy Austin feud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.