main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Stupid double post

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    WWE seems interested in bringing a PPV event to the UK next year, I hope it will be Summerslam.

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That's the rumor right now, that it will be SummerSlam.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I've also heard there is a lot of opposition due to the time difference.

All I say to that is, we in the UK have to put up with late-night Raw & PPVs which air at ungodly hours of the night all the time, only fair American viewers have to do the same once a year or so.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Also, it's not like there isn't precedent for SummerSlam being in London. They did it before the year Davey Boy Smith and Bret Hart fought for the IC title at SummerSlam.

6. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I think tonight is going to be the night that Dolph Ziggler finally cashes in his money in the bank contract and walks out with the World Heavyweight Championship. Everything else stays status quo. Anyone else have predictions or thoughts on the Survivor Series?

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I think it all depends on how badly Vince reacts to all the criticism from the Fake Heart Attack angle of last Monday. If he decides the fans are right and the angle crossed the line, I think Punk loses the belt to Cena tonight. If Vince is his usual self and decides everybody is wrong, then Punk has a chance to retain. I'm going with Vince wants to stick it to all the critics.

Edit because I got that stupid script error again (and I wasn't even edititing anything this time!): I do think Foley's team wins tonight and maybe a new divas champ.

8. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    When has bad taste ever stopped Vince before?

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That's why I think Punk may retain the belt tonight. I've been wrong before, but the Heart Attack angle last week was classic Vince.

10. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    I don't see them taking the belt off Punk until the Royal Rumble for any reason. Because if they do Rock-Cena II at the Royal Rumble then they really can't do it at Wrestlemania. Not that anyone really is clamoring for it at either show.

11. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    Ziggler didn't cash in but he was the sole survivor of his match.

Punk retains after 3 guys from NXT (Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns) take out Ryback.

The U.S. title match was boring but other than that it was a pretty good ppv.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

CM Punk as Grand Marshall of the McDonald's Thanksgiving Day Parade in his hometown of Chicago.

I'm going to be so pissed if it's not Rock vs Punk come Rumble time.

Frank T. likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Double Post

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Surely it will be, Rock has to win to face Cena at Wrestlemania.

The big question then will be who Punk faces at Mania

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Sure, Rock can face Cena at 'Mania. But who says Rock's winning at RR?:p

*still holds out hope for a certain Rattlesnake*

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Rock must win at RR, surely the enitre point is to have a WWE Title match between him & Cena so Cena can win and draw a line under the loss from last year.

I hope to see Austin also, but a feud between him & Punk would need a lot of build-up. With Cena vs Rock 2 I think WWE will focus only on that and not want another big feud that might distract.

17. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    The only reason I wouldn't want to see Punk vs Austin at Wrestlemania this year is because I wouldn't want them to have to play second fiddle to Rock-Cena 2.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    My gut wants to say that it wouldn't if only for the reason that if it were to happen, it would be Austin's first match in just about exactly ten years (his last one being WW 19). That would be a big enough deal that even Vince could necessarily play down. Plus Austin/Punk would steal the thunder from a Rock/Cena II from sheer promo power alone.;)(they'd definitely make USA's censors try to earn their money in bleeping.)

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The biggest travesty will be Rock having to put Cena over, it was beautiful the way he pwned the guy last year despite having not competed for years.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Stupid boards

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Why does the accidental multi - posting keep happening in this particular thread!? ARGH!!!:mad:

24. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    He had been so ill for so long. Maybe they'll induct the Freebirds into the WWE Hall of Fame next year.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Perhaps. We shall see.

26. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    CM Punk had knee surgery today to remove a piece of torn meniscus. I have no idea how serious an operation that is but I really hope he doesn't have to vacate the title or miss the Royal Rumble.

Juliet316 likes this.
  27. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Lets hope so, WWE needs him.

Juliet316 likes this.
  28. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    From all the sites I've see, he's not expected to be out long (the surgery was apparently more like a 'scope procedure), anywhere from 1 - 3 weeks. At worst, if they're still dead set on Rock/Punk for the Rumble, they'll find a workaround Punk having to defend at TLC and retain the title until the Rumble. Given that it's Punk and he's one of those guys who tries to tough out injuries, I could see him still participating at TLC, but maybe having a Sheild run - in that allows him to climb the ladder to get to the title and then have Ryback take him out until the Rumble afterwards.

Speaking of Ryback, he apparently wants to face 'Taker at WM.

29. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    I for one have zero interest in a Ryback/Undertaker match at Wrestlemania. Of course I really have no interest in any match involving Ryback.

30. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Punk's out of TLC.

It doesn't say that he's stripped of the title, so Rock/Punk should still be on for the Rumble.

But guess which Superstar gets the ME slot. Again.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.