main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Ugh...Revan...actually, not playing the game is a serious advantage.

Interesting reading habits. I don't know if I could live on just Star Wars - maybe for a month, but after that, I'd need to thrown in some nice Austen or Dickens, maybe a fantasy or hard scifi, plus whichever of my favorite authors has dropped a book that month...

I'm curious - since NYCC didn't lead to an Allston announcement (X-Wing or not) (which is not surprising, since Mercy Kill was just released, and any contracts are still probably being hammered out), what's the next likely time for such a news release, assuming we are that fortunate?

2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    When my son convinces me to play action figures with him I try to tell him that the Gamorrean gaurd is an X-wing pilot, but he just insists the Gamorrean is a bad guy.

Finished Revan, not a bad book, but the ending sucked. I have Decieved checked out of the library to read next. We shall see if I can get into that.

Last non Star Wars book I read was Born To Run.

3. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Try reading him the Wraith Squadron arc, might change his mind!

4. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Someday, I finally got him to allow me to read books that include characters from episodes 4-6, he used to only allow me to read him Clone Wars books. He's 4 so we read lots of DK readers together. One of them includes Luke in his X-wing pilot gear.

5. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Double post...oops.

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I got Mercy Kill from the library yesterday, read 7 or 8 chapters despite really desperately needing sleep #priorities :p It's certainly different so far, but super fun. I'll admit I don't know enough about the the post-NJO era to understand all the events though... oh well.

Runjedirun likes this.
  7. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Good for you! I hope things make sense enough in terms of relationships and such - that's where the heart of the story is!

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Up to Chapter 30 right now, only about 150 pages to go! And Its bad as I read before bed and find myself reading WAY too long at night!

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  9. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    A lot of SW books do that to me...

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    My daughter was in my SW room last night "Mum I've run out of books to read" I said "Take Your pick!" She said "But I dont want to read a SW Book!" I said "Then you have nothing to read, that's all I have" :p

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  11. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Very luckily, my nephew and 8 year-old great nephew are both SW fans - my great nephew was last seen reading Force Unleashed II (well it is SW, but I do wish he had better taste!) ;)

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    My son has read alot of the Junior Jedi Knights, and the entire Galaxy of Fear....but I wish he'd just try NJO or X Wing Series, I know he'd love them!

Runjedirun and Tim Battershell like this.
  13. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    If there are Audiobooks of them, perhaps you could borrow them from the Library and just keep them playing in the background while he's around - maybe he'll start taking an interest; the X-Wing, and particularly Wraith Squadron, books are certainly good enough stories!

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I just know he'd love the X Wing series! I might have to check the library out. I have A few books on Cassette tape can you believe?! Used to listen to them in the car on the way to work...

15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm afraid I may have spoiled most of the EU for my son. He's only 4, his top 3 current books are Blast Off, Don't Wake the Zillo Beast and Tatooine Adventures. But I have the entire run of Junior Jedi Knights, Young Jedi Knights. Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest and the Young Bobba Fett waiting for him in just a few years!

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    My son read the Junior Jedi Knights and some Jedi Apprentice books but then he discovered Halo.....he's 13 now.

17. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    I've tried to get my friends into it - Thorns got to Bacta War, and liked Corran; at least, she wishes she could meet him, just so she could annoy the living daylights out of him!

My niece has started Rogue Squadron, but the nephews just aren't into reading - which is so sad, because the rest of the family is full of bibliophiles. My eldest brother (the kids' dad) and I are speed readers too. Lord of the Rings took me one week when I was in Grade 8 - it took him about four days! Then again, I kept up with my homework and got a semi-decent amount of sleep...

18. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    See, I agree with the argument that the EU has been really lackluster and painful for the past six years. But rewriting continuity would still make me extremely sad because all the X-Wing books (including Mercy Kill) are really worthwhile, and I don't know how to try to sell them to friends if "it's all going to be alternate universe and irrelevant after the next film comes out."

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    On our way! Son is reading Truce at Bakura! Its a Start!!!

Tim Battershell likes this.
  20. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Great news!!!

21. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Just gave in to temptation and ordered "Mercy Kill" from Waterstones! Got over £8 off it, too - do they know something we don't?

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I dont know what! Its pretty good, and the one liners are epic!

23. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Can hardly wait to get my mitts on it now!!! :D

24. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I am still waiting patiently for Mercy Kill in paperback. My copy of Darth Plagueis only just arrived yesterday, because it finally became available in paperback.

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You have the patience of a Jedi there Zeta.....Me? Not so much!