main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Xbox?

Discussion in 'Archive: Abilene, TX' started by BroodMcEto, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    Two of us have xboxes. Should we connect the two and have a game night sometime in the future?

2. SPECTOR

SPECTOR Jedi Master star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Ah i just ahve a PS2, but game night would be cool.

3. TIEAce17

TIEAce17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2002
    Yoda has an X-box. Game night would be really cool. Great idea!

4. Yoda525907

Yoda525907 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm all for it. We can link up at the most four but I only have two TV's (if we want to do that at my place)

5. Irby_Wan_Kenirby

Irby_Wan_Kenirby Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2002
    I guess I could play an X-Box... I will have to bring my latex gloves and gasmask so as to not contaminate my PS2 console.

6. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    Now we need to figure out when to do it.

7. Irby_Wan_Kenirby

Aug 11, 2002
    I am free any saturday after 5 pm

8. Irby_Wan_Kenirby

Aug 11, 2002
    I say we have a PS2, Hex-box... I mean X-box showdown! Or at least have a couple of different systems to play. Anyone have a Game Cube?

9. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    Well the only reason that a X-box was suggested was because you can link them together so that everyone can go up against everyone. As far as I know, you can't do that with either the PS2 or Gamecube. Oh, sure you can get on-line with PS2 if you buy the extra mod to hook into it. But I don't think that you can link up two or more of them together. And besides, they don't have Halo for PS2. (Sorry I'm little biased towards X-box.) Anyway I'm all for ya'll bringing other systems.
    Hey Toby, do you have Mechassault for X-box. If you do that'd be great to play as a linked game as well. Well, I'm up for any night this month. So whatever we can come up with I should be able to do. See ya'll soon. Dave.

10. SPECTOR

Jun 2, 2002
    when and where? mechassualt would be cool if anyone has it. I loved the first comp game of mechwarrior.

11. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    I have Mechassault but if we want to do a linked game both boxes have to have a disc. The same goes for any linked game. I think I remember Toby saying that he had Halo (which is like THE game for link-ups). I haven't tried Mechassault on a link game yet but I'm sure that it'll be close to the same excitement of Halo. I must warn you all though that I have spent four months in the desert doing nothing with my free time but playing Halo. But I'm sure that you'll all have fun trying to kill me. Anyway I'm all for haveing it here in my apt. I only have two tv's so we can only link two boxes. Unless someone wants to bring another tv and X-box. Anyway the date is still open. Someone just throw out a date and we'll see how it sets. Dave.

12. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    I don't have MechAssault. So linking up with that is not happening, unless someone bought (rented?) another copy.

Games I have:
  13. Tetris Worlds
  14. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
  15. NFL 2K2
  16. ATV: Quad Power Racing 2
  17. Halo
  18. RalliSport Challenge

19. Of these, only Halo and Tony Hawk are linkable, everything else is 1-4 players.

My ideas:
    1.We do this at David's.
    2.I'll bring my console, games and controllers (I have four.)
    3.Big TVs I'm hoping that David's 2 TVs are relatively large and not the 13inch he's told us about. If that is the case, someone bring a big tv please.
    4.Games Between David and I, only Halo, THPS4 and MechAssault are linkable (unless David has more.) If someone will rent another copy of MechAssault and THPS4 (if anyone is interested in THPS4), then we can play those 3 games that night. Otherwise it's just Halo.
    5.Variety I'll bring all my games so we don't have to link up the whole night.
    6.Food Pizza delivery and everyone chips in and brings their own drinks.
    7.Set a date I can't do it the 24th-28th of this month. I'll be out of town.
    8.Set a time Probably evenings, right? But how long?

Anything else?

20. SPECTOR

Jun 2, 2002
    *giggles* sleep over

21. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    I also have X-box Live (on-line) but the only game that I have for that is Mechassault and only two people can play on-line at a time. So I don't think that is an option. I have other games like Dead or Alive 3 (I'm thinking of renting Extreme Beach Volleyball), Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Jedi Starfighter, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, NCAA 2003 (football),Dead to Rights, and of course Halo. I have a 32" in my livingroom and a 19" in my room. I have a router and cables for the link-up. Oh, and for those of you who pay attention to the news, you may know what I mean when I say that we should probably do this fairly soon if we're going to do it at my place. I may not be around in about a months time. Anyway, my suggestion for a time would be next weekend (Feb 15). Say around 8 or 9 pm? For those of you who don't know where I live, I'll pass out directions at the meeting. And if you miss that, either PM me or send an e-mail to either AbileneFanForce@aol.com or yoda525907@aol.com and I'll give you directions. See ya'll soon. Dave.

22. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Crap. I open that Sunday, so no long night for me. Maybe if we started early?

Oh yeah, I still have until the 26th. I'm still Inactive Reserve. Kinda funny, actually.

23. Irby_Wan_Kenirby

Aug 11, 2002
    I guess no one likes my idea of different systems for a little variety??? I have some really good games! Anyway, no need for appologies for being biased about something... As I always say if you don't want your toes stepped on then move them.

24. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    I think it's cool. Linking up the Xbox's gives us as many as 8 players (do we have 8?) at a time. PS2 is what, 2?
    I'm down for whatever, Three systems, Three TVs?

25. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    Did everyone get the directions that I sent out earlier? If not, let me know and I'll send them out again.

Dave

26. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Had fun tonight guys. We'll have to do this again when that guy gets back from that place.

27. Irby_Wan_Kenirby

Aug 11, 2002
    Man I had a blast... and Spector, it seems like you also had a blast.... or two to the head! Oooohhh I slay me! Man... I should have put that one on the joke topic!

28. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    I had a good time. We definitely have to do this again when I get back.

29. SPECTOR

Jun 2, 2002
    haha........... just you wait........

30. strwrshrln

strwrshrln Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Sounds like you all had a great time. I am sorry I missed out. It has been crazy the last few weeks with moving the store and getting things done around the house here. I hope to make the next event if things ever slow down for me.

Harlan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.