main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa Yes, Wait For It -- Announcing a Fan Film (Possibly)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by R2-12point, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Its both.

2. R2-12point

R2-12point Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    Okay, that explains something my wife told me once. She knew I was a role player way back in the eighties, and said she'd tried it once. Only what she described to me was hardly the dice and paper experience I remembered from my teenage years. I think she was describing an LARP.

3. TR1320

TR1320 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2006
    A LARP is like Minder said a Live-Action Role playing game. Think of it as a Donjon and Dragins game meets Lord of the Rings movie. Bascially charracters that you create live a story through a weekend. It usually starts a Friday Night, and finishes Sunday noonish. You don't get a lot sleep during that weekend.

Everything is done in a fantasy setting (so tend to be realistic costumes) and sowrdplay is done with foam or latex swords (and maces/axes, etc).

I have a few pics somewhere. Anywhere I can post them?

I do LARPS near Quebec City (becasue like their rules better) and I'm part of an organization here in Ottawa (going for our third year). The script is not necessarly "loose" but you have to adapt your script depending on what players do.

4. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Our Yahoo group here http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/FanForceOttawa/ has a spot where you can post the pictures.

5. R2-12point

Jan 12, 2002
    Setbacks, setbacks, setbacks. My time for the next month and half has been co-opted by about a dozen different sources. But that's okay, cause I wasn't gonna get any casting or testing done in that time, anyway, cause Saw Video and I mis-coordinated re:equipment.

It looks like some things will take longer than I expected.

6. R2-12point

Jan 12, 2002
    The FX test film I shot with nephews and niece is up at my site (www.12pointProductions.com). However, I've had to scrap my original time estimates for everything. The project is a healthy as ever, just on a low boil.

7. Yiddle_ja

Yiddle_ja Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    pretty good stuff for just having learned the software...i give thee props my good sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.