main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[YJCC] Star Wars in YJCC

Discussion in 'Communications' started by carmenite, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Such a thread actually already exists: the all-purpose "Debo's Star Wars Memories Spectacular" thread. It currently lies somewhat dormant, but sometimes we fire it up and talk Star Wars there.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I agree completely with Senny.

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    True, I've seen this. And I don't have a problem with an all-encompassing SW JCC thread, or making Debo's a JCC SW-related thread. As long as, like others said, we don't get into Mace vs. Palpatine, etc. Those kinds of posts belong in the movie forums. And threads about the specific characters, elements of SW, etc. would still belong in SWC.

4. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    AMEN! :p

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Palpatine totally outright lost to Mace Windu, but then he was feigning weakness when Anakin came into the room.

[face_thumbsup]

6. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I cried when Mace died. :(

Anyway, I support a bit more Star Wars in the JCC. One thread seems fine to me.

I must confess, I get a bit annoyed when I see a thread about video games in the JCC...

7. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yeah, exactly. The SW JCC thread, mine or a new one, would be the place for posts/discussions that aren't too serious, that are just light-hearted and a bit irreverent. Anyone who has read my thread, will agree that the proverbial "Jar-Jar boxers that I just saw at Wal-mart" would fit right in there.

For what it's worth, I have no problems with renaming it to reflect its more general purpose.

8. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Any place that I can talk about Vader underoos is a place for me. If we just want to rename that thread to talk about Star Warsy things like that, I'm fine with it.

9. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    actually my thread about being a special guest at the special olympics was about my fanforce costuming experience and it didnt get shut down.

and for the last time I wasnt in the special olympics.

10. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    If you want to get more cross promotion happening, why not restart the Travelling Social Thread? I haven't seen one in ages.

11. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Good point. It hasn't been around in ages. I remember it got a bit difficult to track down. All in all, it was well-received. :)

12. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    The traveling social thread was great. I like the idea of a Gamez-style JCC invasion of other forums, too. Heck, they're all good ideas. I offer up the CT forum as the first forum to invade. If I make a JCC invasion thread there, will anyone post in it and try to keep it at least remotely within the guidelines of that forum? :p

13. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Speaking of Gamez invasion...the JCC is up for another FORCEBOAT one. :)

14. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Ditto. I would encourage you guys to not stick to one particular forum. You may find that there's a lot of enjoyment in other ones as well. If enough of you do it, you'll have the people you post with regularly in those forums as well.

15. Boomer_Athena

Boomer_Athena Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    That sounds like crazy Classic Trilogy modspeak to me. :p

16. carmenite

carmenite Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Just as a note, this is probably why many YJCCers don't like venturing out - because they have to tread very carefully and re-learn a lot. That also means that the playful banter that's allowed in the JCC isn't allowed elsewhere, so if you want to have it about Star Wars, it's not really allowed in a lot of cases.

17. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I can agree with that, but I think if you understand and realize that in JCC it's much more a casual style of modding that you can still enjoy other forums. It's a hard balance to strike in JCC sometimes, and honestly, it's something we JCC mods have to question everytime we let a "Friendly Flame or Bait" go. We'd be editing a lot, but then there's the argument that we really already should be.

18. Boomer_Athena

Nov 8, 2006
    Well, when it all comes down to it, Star Wars should really be nothing more than a hobby. I'll never understand how some people can get so incredibly worked up over it, to the fact that they can't keep their composure. Some of the meltdowns I've witnessed in the 3SA were funny as hell, and though I've rarely ventured to the other SW discussion threads, those look to be filled with even more anal-retentive people arguing over what, is in general, a fun "Kiddie" franchise.

It's a shame that more people can't laugh at themselves, or their opinions, and that is exactly why allowing some Star Wars content in the JCC is a reasonable request.

19. DarthMatter

DarthMatter Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2004
    =D=

I agree, and what a great quote - great advice for all of us - can I use it? :)

edits: oops

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    This is also why probably about half of the JC avoids the JCC like the plague. Two. Way. Street. :p

21. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Here here.

22. Boomer_Athena

Nov 8, 2006
    So, when do we start quoting West Side Story in here?

Is this what it's like in the MS? Half for/half against in most discussions/arguments?

23. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    So it sounds like the Travelling Social thread might be a good thing to get going once again. Where would we start it?

And maybe Debo's thread shouldn't even have to be re-named, we just make it the official JCCers SW thread.

24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    One thing I asked Raven to do when he was Tech Admin was to put links to YJCC and Amphitheatre in the header bar for the Senate, to encourage people to branch out into the rest of the JC Community. For the most part, it seems to have worked. Having boards as silos isn't something I particularly like, and I will always encourage people to go and explore other boards on the JCC.

E_S

25. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    God bless the FORCEBOAT. I still have fond memories from the election game years ago where the FORCEBOAT party joined forces with the Debocrats... only to screwed out of a victory. But really I've gotten over that. :p

I must admit the idea of a traveling social thread sounds really interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.