main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

YJR Out today

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Ian_Vincent, Jul 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian_Vincent

Ian_Vincent Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2001
    Seeing as the product is now out, could somebody please post a text spoiler list (even if it's incomplete).

Judging by the number of spoilers on D's site, there could be a long wait before D publish one!

Cheers,

DT

ps I'm off to the European championships in Pairs the week before going to DragonCon.

2. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    I have the SRL staff working on this as I type this guys. I should have it posted later today, tomorrow at the very latest.

3. Yarua Of Kashyyyk

Yarua Of Kashyyyk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    I just finished the YJR spoilers about 5 minutes ago and they're on their way to Red84. Enjoy! :)

4. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    I just posted the Premium Spoilers. BEP preview spoilers to come tomorrow. Must get sleep now....

5. Ian_Vincent

Jun 19, 2001
    Wow and thanks!

I think we might as well throw away nearly every yellow dotted card we own.

Negotiations were short + Qui Gon's final stand will be awesome for dualing decks. Not to mention the upgraded force push cards!

A destiny 5 you guy's bombad for Panaka and Aurra decks (and Anakin?). These decks had always struggled to find a battle card worth using.

Aurra looks like the best of the armed and dangerous charactors, I'm not sure I'd ever use any of the others (perhaps Boss Nass). The high deploy cost really limits their usefulness.

Anyone spot something I've missed?

Can't wait to see the preview cards.

DT

6. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Okay the BEP previews are up as promised. Enjoy and a big thanks to Yarua for his hard work :)

7. Ian_Vincent

Jun 19, 2001
    Anakin's friends are vey powerful IF "reveal" means download to hand (in Trek talk). D haven't bothered to say anything about this in the FAQ :-(

Apart from that the preview cards are weak (and yes that includes Yoda). I'm sure some of the DS ones will be useful but not until BE is out. Making these preview cards doesn't make any sense (to me).

Still, the battle cards rock. Destiny 5 any two Panaka's may fight together will do me (power 14 + destiny should take care of Maul ;-)

DT

8. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    I don't know if you read the interview, but Chuck said that the A&D Jedi can't duel. Now I didn't see anything in the rules about that and this has puzzled me. Is a reason for this mentioned in the FAQ?

9. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I bought a box of YJR and I am pretty impressed, but I guess that's just because I didn't haver any cards except starters before.

All that aside, I have mixed reactions about the set. First of all, I am happy that I got all the mains, except R2, 3PO and Yoda, but otherwise, I got Maul, Qui-Gon, Obi-1 etc.

I think that I overdosed on German cards. R2 in SW:CCG only had 1 Japanese card per pack. YJR didn't seem to care how many you got.

I love the double impact cards. I think that they look good and they play well (for me- remember that these are the opinions of someone who practically has a brand new product).

The combos are pretty good, but I have a problem with the Are you an Angel/ I've been trained in defense card. Why bother with it when it is just Are you an Angel with a lower destiny (Correct me if I am wrong)

Still, I am :) with what I got out of YJR. I think that I can make fairly good decks with my cards, and i look forward to playing.

10. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    We know each YJR pack contains 1 new foil and 2 new premium cards (either A&D, DI or CB). It looks like the rest of the pack contains 5 each of MODM, JC and BON, and 2 German MODM cards. Coolest German card I've gotten so far is MODM starter deck Maul -- "Lord die Sith"!
    :)

My pulls from my first four packs weren't as nice as Red84's, but I did get foil JC Anakin, foil JC Yoda, foil enhanced Jabba, and foil Jira (useless to me until I get more "Anakin's friends" though). Two A&D's so far -- a battle droid and Aurra w/lightsaber (sweet!). Other rares from the random assortments: 2 MODM Aurra's (what is it with her? she keeps showing up!) BON Maul's Saber (my favorite - 2 destiny draws!) Maul's Speeder, BON Nute Gunray, and one or two battle cards I can't remember. Not bad. Each pack I've gotten at least one rare for the "other" cards, not a bad deal.

I'm disappointed there are no Duel Of The Fates cards in here, but other than that, I'm very happy with the set so far!

11. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    Sorry, that should have been "Lord der Sith". Me bad.
    ;)

12. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    I have just found out that the Angel/ Defense card was supposed to have 4 dots, making it a little more useful I guess. I got the Lord Der Sith card to. It's cool.

I love the german card for Da Beings about Here Cawazy! I had no idea what it was trying to say.
    Thanks to my YJR pulls , I am biuklding a Sith saber deck because I scored 3 Sith Lightsabers AND Maul's Saber! I will use the starter decks Mauls (including the German 1)

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I got my box today finally. I'll first mention that I love the box and pack designs, really eye-pleasing. Next, I seem to have two vertical lines that practically divide the cards into thirds on almost every non-foil card. Their not obnoxiously noticable, but they are detectable, which is annoying.

Anyways, I seem to have made out pretty well, I got 5 A&D characters (Adi Gallia, Ki-Adi MUndi, Aurra Sing, OWO-1, Toonbuck Tora) and 1 duplicate (OWO-1). I also got all but 4 of the Combo-cards (missing Celebration & Gungan Mounted Troops, Battle Droid Patrol & In Complete Control, Boonta Eve Podrace & Kaa Bazza Kundee Hodrudda!, Podrace Preperation & Yoka To Bantha Poodoo and The Phantom Menace & Use Caution) with 2 duplicates. I also got all but two of the Double Impact cards (missing Yousa Guys Bombad! & Uh-oh and Grueling Contest & Da Dug Chaaa!) and seven duplicates.

As far as foils go, I ended up with half of the Boonta Eve Podrace foils- I go Kitster, Jira, Aurra Sing, TC-14, Orr'UrRuuR'R, and Viceroy's Battleship.
    I also got 12 of the other Reflections foils as well as 2 previous-set foils. It was very cool to finally be getting some of the enhanced wild-card characters since the enhanced product never showed up in my area and I never felt like shelling out so much for whole enhanced boxes.

As far as German cards go, it seemed to me I got 1 per-pack. Highlights of those include the german Qui-Gon and the german Darth Sidious (Sith Maestro! hehe)

All in all, not bad, not bad. I also now have plenty of main-extras to flesh out my decks better. I might buy another box in a month or so to finish the premium cards off, but this seems to be a good step in the right direction for salvaging YJ. Now if only I can get my local shop to stock YJ normally...

14. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    I was amazed when I read your list of BEP foils. My list is EXACTLY the same! (Except I got Watto as well :p )

Still, it was quite a coincidence!

15. Ian_Vincent

Jun 19, 2001
    BigPoppaJabba,

Anyone would think you don't know how Decipher (and most other companies) do their packing ;-)

About 1 in 40 boxes will either have the same rares (foils for reflections) or only one different.

This has been known to annoy collectors who have bought two almost identical boxes, but a better way of shuffling the cards would put the cost up :-(

btw If you buy a box that's been opened then don't expect to find any UR's in it!

later,

DT

16. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    OK, so sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.