main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD You know what ... ?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BarWars, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    oooooo I remember the one! looking forward to it.

2. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YKW's becoming depressing? Trying on clothes. :( (And I love clothes shopping!)

For the first time ever the other day, I tried on a shirt that I thought looked potentially really nice, but ended up being the most unflattering thing I've ever tried on. Not even just slightly, either. It made me look old and unkempt, and that isn't even an exaggeration.

I've been gaining weight lately as well... So it was just that little more depressing going into the Target change rooms today where you are surrounded by mirrors - highlighting every horrible thing about one's body.

It wouldn't even be so bad if I had even an ounce of muscle definition - but alas, I am all squish. [face_tired]

Bah, stupid body issues.

3. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    It doesn't matter how good you feel about your body Morgs, the Target mirrors could make ANYONE feel bad about themselves. I'm surprised anyone buys clothes after they've been to those change rooms.

Know where you're coming from though. Weren't we going to walk to each others places to enhance our fitness at some point??

Body issues do suck though..as much as you hate that they do, they play a HUGE part in how you feel about yourself. It should be dusk and moonlit every hour of the day..eveyone looks fantastic in moonlight :)

YKW I can't work out:

How to set up video messaging on my new phone. I have a video message it says. To set up Video messaging, call 101, which I do and it says, you have a video message..if you don't want to set it up now, hang up, or call 101 anytime to set it up. which I do.....

GAH!!!

4. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    ..try 101 and the VIDEO-call button - that should be the one above the usual 'green' send/call button you use for voice calls. The video-call button looks like a tv screen with a head/head-shoulders pic in it...

5. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Cool, thanks IC! Didn't think of that.
    Honestly I should've just read my booklet. You must get lazy cows like me ring you all the time.

Ta.

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    You know what is like an "OH my G*D" moment?

Signing an offer on a house and then being told about four hours later that it's been accepted. It's really, really scary (although I've started planning the garden already because Dad said he'd help me). It's even more scary seeing that it's about 24hours since we first looked at the property and being accepted and about 36 hours since we really decided that if we were ever going to get into the property market that 'now was the time'.

I don't know whether to laugh or scream!

Kithera

7. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    that's incredible and really scary. SO excited for you both!

My second house buying experience was much the same..should we buy..yeah, get the loan, I like that one, it's too expensive, offer them something ridiculous, within 12 hours it was ours. Way too fast for your brain to keep up. Of course I was only playing with money in the mid 100 000 mark. I'm sure yours is much scarier.

Next month will be testing and possibly frustrating. Stay focussed and excited, and enjoy the ride!

Excited to know where it is, what it's like, how you feel! :)

8. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    YKW...

...vaguely disconcerting?

First job interview in about 7 years. I'm excited, and a little bit nervous at the same time. Still... I have a good feeling about it.

9. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Excellent! And the BEST of luck for it! Let us know how it goes!

10. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Best of luck Cargs! I haven't done one in about 13 years...scary.

YKW's silly....
    Eating ice cream when its very very cold outside.

11. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    Well... I find out tomorrow by the sound of things. I got a good vibe about things during the interview, so I'm sitting here with fingers crossed. [face_peace] Ah screw it I'm[face_praying]. I need a new job. [face_skull]

12. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    You know what's weird?

Actually explaining what a Rickroll is to non-netizens.

13. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Oh yeah - that's always surreal. I had to explain what fan girls/boys were to an old highschool friend of mine.

It was a funny notion remembering that not everyone lives on the internet.

14. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    No idea what a Rickroll is. No-one tell me.

15. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    A rick-Roll cannot be explained. It can only be experienced.

16. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    hmm..something tells me to pass.

You know what's very amazing:

A munchkin who refuses to even try noodles, rice, corn and hates eggs, will eat them if they're called worms, mobile rice ( maggots in our language), flies and monster snot. I'm almost so grossed out I can't eat it myself, but damn the kid's eating!! :)

17. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    YKW made me giggle on an off for a couple of hours?

Person regaling story

Someone says, with negative tone, to a young guy who's talking about how much something cost:
    "that must have cost you an arm and a leg!!"
    "well I'm younger than you, I've still got a good one of each at least to spare"

18. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    YKW surprisingly fun?

Wearing a formal suit and bright red turban (which, as you know, is perfectly suited to my complexion), wandering around Kelvin Grove for a couple of hours and getting some very strange looks, all while being photographed by fellow advertising students for an Indian restaurant campaign.

It's a wonderful thing, making people's day that little bit more surreal.

[image=http://www.marcellosendos.ch/comics/ch/1986/09/19860927.gif]
    (Source: Calvin & Hobbes archive)

19. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    YKW's starting to freak me out..

That guy on TV ads selling us mp3's full of hypnosis inducing talking to help us lose weight, stop smoking and now, to reduce insomnia. It's starting to feel a little like a Dr Who episode. Keep expecting to find the streeets full of people plugged into his voice.

Thing that disturbs me most is that the mp3 is filled with 8 cd's to assist with the problem, and 4 BONUS ones to listen to. What do they tell you?

"accept the inevitable overthrow of the government by mutant moths"?
    "the yellow wiggle hasn't actually changed"?
    "the truth of the opera house is that humanity itself makes up the last of the five"?

Anyway..gives me the heebee jeebees.

20. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    YKW I'm not even sure how I feel about..

Have to go to court tomorrow and acknowledge that something that was pretty big in my life is done. I've known it for years, lived it for a couple, struggled with the consequences every day, yet now it's really here, the day it ends, and it doesn't feel exciting, or liberating or anything like closure. It feels.. really not sure.

21. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    *hugs* for Kahlan.

22. Loch-doubt

Loch-doubt Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2008
    aw kahls. Be the snake: shed your skin.

Big hug.

23. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Hugs for K also.

YKW probably the only thing I dislike about Discworld?

I keep accidentally doubling up and buying books I've already got because there is so darn many of them to keep track of. In the last two weeks I've done that twice :oops: So I've pulled out every single Discworld book I've got to make a list of the ones I *do* have... It's a fairly impressive looking stack, to be sure. I just hope the cat doesn't decide that my stack of Discworld would make a fetching scratching post... [face_worried]

24. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Might possibly be in the market to buy the double ups you have Morgs. I only have a couple of DW books.Unless you're taking them back to the bookstore..or can't you return books? not even sure.

25. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    It's all good K, I've a previous arrangement for my double-ups. Mine are always available for borrowing though :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.