main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon You thought it would never happen...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_KNick, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_KNick

Jedi_KNick Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2003
    Snow. Makes school close. Nick happy. Makes branches fall into backyard. Nick will have to work. Nick sad.

-KNick

2. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Ouch VENGIE, that sounds like somethin I'd do,lol. Don't be as stupid as me! BAD! (lol, looks like we're already being scolded)

I think snow will always be good, even if you have to work at shoveling a drive way(personally I wouldn't cuz it takes away magic of snow!), or clearing out fallen branches.
    It makes you stranded at home, and while MANY people will complain they need to see what is really happening. It is taking us away from the bustle and hustle of life for 1 or more precious days. Just forgeting all cares, becoming a kid again by playing in the snow sun up till sun down!
    It really makes you stop. Look at the pure white stuff. And exhail all of lifes worries.

So don't be complainin to me about not gettin to work cuz of roads, I KNOW how that is believe me. But I choose to take this time and savor it.

(now that my sappy moment is over)
    Lol, just for the heck of it and because I'm... me!
    I jumped out of our hot tub and got a running start in the snow, slid down our hill all sokin wet. Then I freaked out and jumped back in the hot tub. LOL, it was AWSOME!

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I nearly lost my balance a bunch of times on Tuesday. I wouldn't have gone outside at all that day except I had to take a hammer and chisel away enough ice so the garage door would open.

4. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    [face_laugh] Jade!

And as much as I would like to agree with you, after having been stuck at home for 2 weeks with nothing to do, the bookstore has been starting to sound even more enticing than usual.

Cheers and blessed be!
    -Derycke

5. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    On the 1st day of the winter storm, I woke up and didn't try to go to work, and played SW Galaxies all day:)
    On the 2nd day of the winter storm, I woke up and didn't try to go to work, and played SW Galaxies all day:)
    On the 3rd day of the winter storm, I woke up and thawed out my truck to try to get to work. Didn't make it cause the roads were too icy, stayed home and played SW Galaxies all day:)
    On the 4th day, again attempted to go to work, still too icy. Stayed home and played SW Galaxies all day:)
    On the 5th day(1/9), I went to work only to go back home because the Fire Main pipe burst and flooded the apt. building. Cleaned up the water and I'm ready to play SW Galaxies the rest of today;)

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I'm lucky; down here in Eugene we only had two really stormy days: Monday and Tuesday.

7. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    well its sunday and theres still snow, but its more like slush and ice now

8. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    awh, the snow up here is starting to melt.
    There is no more on the roads or in my yard, just in patches here and there.

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    It's dry and relatively warm here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.