main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite SW Music Theme

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Skywalker1138, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    What's your favorite music theme, or track on which CD from any of the Star Wars movies? Just a curiosity--often music makes the film (or so I believe). Today I had Han & Leia's theme running through my head, although Luke's theme looking at the the twin suns is generally my favorite. I have others too. Now let's hear yours.

2. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    The "Imperial March" and "Obi-Wan's Theme" are classics. They speak Star Wars like nothing else, and they always get my emotions up and running. And, up until very recently, my favorite was always "Han Solo and the Princess", the full concert version that Charles Gerhardt and the National Philharmonic Orchestra recorded in the 80s. Very sweeping and very beautiful.

But recently, with Williams' "Across the Stars--Love Theme from Attack of the Clones", I'm very torn. With the milk-and-water portrayal of love between Anakin and Padme in the film, this grand, heart-wrenching theme is sorely ill-matched. And when I hear this latest theme, I don't see Anakin and Padme, I see Han and Leia instead--in fact it fits them far better, than their original theme from ESB.

Yet, I still love the original theme. So now I'm stuck. I love them both, and I'm almost insanely jealous of Anakin and Padme, getting such a great theme, when their love is so unconvincing.

But that's just me... :)

Edit: To clarify, "when their love is so unconvincing", I mean more from Padme's side than Anakin's, as it's obvious he's obsessed with her.

3. DarthWK

DarthWK Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2002
    My favorite is the Emperor's theme from RotJ; although Ben's Death/TIE attack holds a special place in my heart because it's just so fun to play on piano.

The piece at the end of AotC was absolutely wonderful too, though I haven't heard it enough times to rank it as one of my favorites.

Of course, how could I forget also the Cantina band song, or the song Oola danced to before the Special Editions, Lapti Nek? ^_^

4. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    I've gotta go with "Duel of the Fates"--its the perfect song for rising action. That piece is absolutely fantastic for a lightsaber duel, and it's pseudo-choral background singing was hauntingly perfect for the Naboo Palace-setting. I had that stuck in my head for a long time after seeing TPM.

5. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Ooooo.... something that calls to the musician side of me....

Actually, I was just listening to some SW stuff today and the day before, namely music from ESB. And I'd have to say that "Yoda's Theme" is one of my favorites, although the very end of the end credits of ESB is fantastic as well.

-Phil

6. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    My favorites are Anakin's Theme, Yoda's Theme, and of course The Asteroid Field.

7. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Hello! I'm from Oshkosh, and stumbled across this thread while browsing.

My favorite theme is the Force Theme, with its many renditions. Of course, the Imperial March is awesome too. Gotta love it in AOTC during the "Dawn of the Empire". :)

If anyone is interested, stop by the Star Wars Music Forum. Lots of neat discussions there!

8. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I love the Force theme, especially during the Battle of Yavin when Luke is in the trench.

I also like Anakin's theme.

My favorite track from all the soundtracks is the ESB finale. It has Yoda's theme and the Imperial March. It doesn't get better than that.

9. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    It's all rather good. I'm not sure if it's my favorite but I really like the percussion piece from Attack of the Clones, it's the whole Zam Wessel sequence where they're flying through the city. It shows John Williams really reaching out and trying new stuff. The only thing I don't like about it is the electric guitar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.