main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season One

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jan 4, 2009.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season One

Poll closed Apr 4, 2009.
  1. 101: Ambush

4.0%
  2. 102: Rising Malevolence

0.7%
  3. 103: Shadow of Malevolence

2.0%
  4. 104: Destroy Malevolence

2.0%
  5. 105: Rookies

14.6%
  6. 106 & 107: Downfall of a Droid & Duel of the Droids

16.6%
  7. 108: Bombad Jedi

10.6%
  8. 109: Cloak of Darkness

27.2%
  9. 110: Lair of General Grievous

13.9%
  10. 111: Dooku Captured

8.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Yay! Someone else that doesn't mind Jar Jar! I am not a Binks lover, since my fav. character is Obi-Wan, but in no way do I hate Jar Jar. He's a great character to have around, and I bet tons of SW fans don't mind him, either.

2. batsy2

batsy2 Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2008
    jar-jar is not one of my favs either but i like him in the cartoon he works very well in here i'm all for it

3. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I think it's really easy to misuse Jar Jar, but I like the character when used correctly as in Bombad Jedi.

4. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, ILuvJarJar, I voted for Bombad Jedi. But it was a close one between that and rookies...or ambush.

WHAT?!?! People are showing something other than dislike for Jar Jar?!?! Wild...

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Ambush needs more love!:(

6. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Duel of the Droids!! [face_dancing]

7. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    From best to worst:
    *Rookiees (excellent)
    *Cloak of Darkness
    *Rising Malevolence
    *Downfall of a Droid (alright)
    *Duel of the Droids
    *Shadow of Malevolence
    *Dooku Captured (not great)
    *Ambush
    *Destroy Malevolence (terrible)
    *Bombad Jedi

Haven't seen Lair of Grievous or The Gungan General yet. I don't think I want to see the latter.

8. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Duel of the droids just captured what the classic Star Wars is all about. i really liked it. Didn't care for "Cloak of Darkness", but I don't care for Ventress.

9. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    It's sad to think that we are past the half-way point now. I feel like we just got started!

Still, it's been a very solid beginning. I don't think I can bring myself to rank every episode, but I can organize a top-tier/mid-tier/bottom-tier grouping.

Awesome episodes: Cloak of Darkness, Duel of the Droids, Rookies, Gungan General.

Solid, fun episodes: Lair of Grievous, Ambush, Rising Malevolence, Shadow of Malevolence, Dooku Captured

"Meh" episodes: Downfall of a Droid, Bombad Jedi, Destroy Malevolence

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    You and I think alike, Vlad. [face_peace]

11. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008

I kow.....weird....their are many other hiddin Binks fans on these boards.

12. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Damn....this is hard.

1)Duel of the Droids-This my favorite, I love it!
    2)Lair of Grievous-Nice to see Kit in action!
    3)Dooku captured/Gungan General-Feels the most like Star Wars to me!

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I loved Bombad Jedi. What's not to love? JarJar pretending to be a Jedi? Padme showing that she's not a wimp? JarJar being clumsy but having his heart in the right place?

Come on, guys. If you can get past the ingrained JarJar hate from TPM, you'll see how wonderful it was!

It made me laugh and it reminded me why I loved Star Wars.

14. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    D. Skywalker's top 5:

Rookies- duh
    Lair of Grevious
    Ambush
    Cloak of Darkness
    Duel of the Droids

15. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I'm biased towards Grievous, and the web comic that went with it had a picture of Qymaen, so Lair of Grievous is my favourite. The first Malevolence episode is also pretty good.

16. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    I really enjoyed Rookies. It was interesting to watch the individualism of the clones explored a bit.

17. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Rookies - all the way.

You can't go wrong with an entire episode devoted to the characters that should be the main focus of every episode... the Clones of the GAR. They are the are the backbone of the Republic.

Go Rookies Go

18. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    Lair of Grievous

19. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Hmmm, I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon, but yeah Cloak of Darkness for me. Captain Argyus as a Separatist sleeper agent was the big shocker and I never would've imagined they'd have the guts and creativity to go there with this series. Considering that the Senate Guards' loyalty to the Republic is supposed to be second only to the Jedi, his turn is all the more surprising. They really did a great job convincing me that Argyus was above reproach, and boy was I wrong.

Next I'd go with Rising Malevolence and Shadow of Malevolence. The space action is pretty reminescent of classic Star Wars, and I really liked the theme of the powerful battleship menancing the Republic's space lanes. The addition of the ion cannon and its visual effect was cool as well, even if it didn't look consistent with previous depictions of ion cannons.

Lastly, probably Lair of Grievous. As Kit Fisto says, "Why would Dooku set a trap for his best General?". Dooku seemed incredibly whimsical and casual as he completely compromised Grievous's security. Grievous getting ambushed and bisected was a cool moment, as was his final duel with Kit Fisto.

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I voted for the Droids (with weight going to 'Duel') but 'Rookies' is a firm favorite as well (and on consideration, probably the 'better' one in my book as it carries itself without the help of 'familiar' characters.) I love the whole 'shiney' thing and the humanizing of the clones.

Also giving props to the series for letting Jar-jar actually growing as a character ( a little) and showing that 'clumsy' doesn't always equate to stupid.

21. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
    i loved all the episodes they are all good to me.
    but if i hand to list my favorites they go like this
    dooku captured
    gungan general
    cloak of darkness
    lair of greivous
    ambush
    rising Malevolence\

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Bump- just as a refresher before we post the poll for the second half of the season.

23. Hyoma

Hyoma Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2008
    "Rookies", but it could be "Cloak of Darkness" (LOVED the whole Samurai Vs Ninja dynamics of it), which was also brilliant.

I ultimately went with "Rookies" because it seems it's not getting as many votes as it deserves. ;)

24. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    Dooku captured. I just liked it. Mainly when Obi wan steps off the broken ship complaining about something, and then Anakin points and says "Dooku" in this half monotone, half possessed way. [face_laugh][face_laugh] I just thought that was so funny.

I also liked the one right after that one, but I can't remember what it is called.

25. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    I voted for Rookies. Reason why:
    It focuses on my favorite characters: The clones. I love the individualism they showed in this episode. For some reason, clones don't get the love they deserve. I think the reason why is because Star Wars usually focuses on the Jedi, ans the clones are kinda lost in their shadow...

Somehow, I find it slightly ironic that it's the CLONE Wars, and it focuses on the Jedi...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.